• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeon712

May 1, 2018
Reading Tyes interview today he mentioned having to tell his wife he was turning down a raise to request his release. I didnt know him and Payton were married since shes always with Kay.

The Kid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, Lio's booking email address has been on his profile for a few weeks now. I remember seeing it when I visited his profile once the Lio Rush in trouble reports first came out.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Go to Impact Wrestling, Lio Rush.

lmao he said on the record to Fightful he wasn't making enough on the main roster to regularly pay for rental, hotel and travel combined, and you want him going to the place we just found out yesterday countered a guy asking for a raise in a renegotiation by offering him less than NXT and pays $250-400 per appearance

Me yesterday said:
https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1091507-killer-kross-impact-update-talent-contract-terms

Wrestlezone confirming the PWInsider Killer Kross story with more details. TNA's counter offer to Kross was "less than an NXT entry level deal" (normally $45k/year)

It gets worse

Wrestlezone was also told that a number of the multi-year deals—including the one Kross is locked into—currently being offered are low paying, and often see talent losing money due to travel costs associated with their appearances for the company. These deals see talent making anywhere from $250-400 per appearance, with no guaranteed minimum amount of appearances included in the deal. In addition, it was stated that while there are a number of people in the company that have guaranteed downsides and are making good money, only a couple of them are making a livable wage based on their current pay rates.

Under these deals, talent are flown to the IMPACT TV tapings / live events on basic economy level flights, and are also paying out of pocket for their own luggage, rental cars / Uber transportation and hotels. The situation was described as wrestlers 'literally losing money' after compensation and expenses, with several talents saying they were making as little as $3000-5000 for the year (with IMPACT, not including their independent bookings) before taxes and expenses despite being on a majority of the shows.

Cosmozone

Apr 24, 2019
Kabuki Warriors

kazhiraitvjcc.gif

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I'll always have a soft spot for Impact no matter what dumb things they do but i really have no idea how they've been able to survive so long. They can't be making much money. Even though their shows have been pretty good.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I wonder what the fite.tv price will be. I'm happy to pay $40 AUD for a PPV. If its more than that I'll just put on a BBQ and ask friends to chip in to cover the cost.

$50 USD is pretty steep given what others offer for a lot less. I wonder if they will end up doing something like that quarterly with In Your House kinda things inbetween.

People needn't freak out though. There will obviously be some pains and teething issues before shit gets rolling proper.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Meltzer talks about the AEW TNT deal on the Observer Boards:

It's a complicated deal but it's easily the best deal anyone but WWE has ever gotten. There is a downside on the ad revenue which you can call the rights fee plus I never expected paying for production. That's got to be $20 million right there if it's a $400,000 budget. That's if, most arena shoots I've seen are higher budgeted and this may be as well. That's the number Vince is getting from his TV partners. WWE's production runs about $1 million per taping. I'm sure they won't get close to that. Even WWE doesn't get production paid for, not that they need to with the deasl they have.

I was expecting 20-30M in rights fees with it all going to barely cover production as a first year deal and early losses until they can build the rest of their business such as international and such. I don't see.house shows or PPVs being big moneymakers, haven't asked what the B/R deal is but the PPV business would be just a usual split. Video game to me is possible but iffy. The value of this appears at the high end of my expectations, depending on what we don't know, which is actual production budget and actual split on ads, what they can charge ads for. There's also international deals and such, although U.S. is obviously the key deal.

The idea this is a time buy, or they're not getting paid at all isn't the case.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds in line with what Meltzer had reported, although a lot of unknowns as to what "production costs" entails and what the ad split is.

Hopefully AEW and Turner expect the same becuase....oof.

It's Meltzer scatterbrain writing, but I think his point is the TV money drives the budget and the PPV/House show revenues probably aren't going to be a major driver of revenues at least early on.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I also wouldn't be surprised if they price their first bunch of PPVs at $50 only to turn around this fall when the streaming service begins and market it like $50 PPVS FOR ONLY $7 A MONTH WOW WHAT A DEAL

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I doubt they could afford to do on the road house shows (at first at least). It is hard not to bleed money from them.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, what ever happened to air guitar guy on NXT? I saw him on TV like once then never again. He was pretty entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.