• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Bless this little muscle man

giphy.gif

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

One of the guys doing music for AEW did this for an unannounced but signed wrestler at Double Or Nothing, whom he named in the comments

Jordynne Grace

That's interesting.

I could've sworn that she had signed a "multi-year contract" with Impact (for whatever that's worth). She'd be a great addition.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That's interesting.

I could've sworn that she had signed a "multi-year contract" with Impact (for whatever that's worth). She'd be a great addition.
Yeah 2 year deal late last year and I doubt they will release her. Impact hasn't been against their talent appearing on other companies though. For example Tessa did WoW and some wrestlers including Jordynne were on All In. Hopefully if Jordynne really is going to be on AEW that means Tessa will show up too.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Jordynne is under contract to Impact and as shown with Kross and Drake, they aren't letting anyone go right now.

Hell, the reason they tied down Drake is specifically because he wanted to quit and work Double or Nothing.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
she did
Yeah 2 year deal late last year and I doubt they will release her. Impact hasn't been against their talent appearing on other companies though. For example Tessa did WoW and some wrestlers including Jordynne were on All In. Hopefully if Jordynne really is going to be on AEW that means Tessa will show up too.
That's odd then. Makes me wonder how iron-clad those Impact contracts truly are, because it doesn't make sense for AEW to take the time to contract someone to specifically make theme music for her unless she's going to be with AEW for more than a one-off appearance.

Shit, if those Impact contracts don't mean much of anything, that gives me hope for Tessa to be next.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Imagine charging $50 for a wrestling PPV in 2019, especially when you have next to zero brand recognition or main stream viability and need to build an audience...

EDIT: Why the hell would anyone sign an exclusive deal with Impact in the last few years?

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That's odd then. Makes me wonder how iron-clad those Impact contracts truly are, because it doesn't make sense for AEW to take the time to contract someone to specifically make theme music for her unless she's going to be with AEW for more than a one-off appearance.

Shit, if those Impact contracts don't mean much of anything, that gives me hope for Tessa to be next.
I assume Impact contracts just lock them down for their events and prevents other companies from having priority. From what someone posted earlier they don't pay too much to most wrestlers except some of their biggest names so its probably not practical to completely lock some of them down. Also maybe Impact is ok with it since it would give someone with over a year left on their contract more star power which they need right now.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Checking GCW's twitter. Why didn't anyone mention this? Deppen is about to get murdered by Gage. Should be fun.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Checking GCW's twitter. Why didn't anyone mention this? Deppen is about to get murdered by Gage. Should be fun.

Is Gage going to be champ for like another year minimum? Because he's already had it for like 500 days, and I'm struggling to think of anyone over enough now in the immediate 365 day future that GCW could realistically take the belt off him for long-term

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
Man Sho is 0 - 2 in the tournament yet has come out of those losses looking like a superstar.

That's what happens when you don't book your matches to make 1 wrestler look like a loser, when the matches are highly competitive and closely contested everyone looks good.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
The last TJPW show was the weakest this year. Too much sloppiness in the undercard matches.

The highlight was Misao going Oedo Tai on Nodoka and Yuki.

Last edited:

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I never really noticed that the strap part of the NXT tag belts were magnetic until War Raiders were carrying them out tonight. I guess all the WWE belts are like that now though.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
That Moolah episode, again maybe ~45 minutes just isn't enough.

Also that Princess Victoria story on how Moolah effectively pimped her out even though she refused to be "extra nice" to the guy and then the bit with her at the end makes me think she has trouble reconciling things that were done to her.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
is Takeover 25 card final yet?

Johnny v Cole 2
Shayna v Shirai
4 Way for the Tag Titles with a bunch of jobbers
Dream v Riddle?
RIP Kushida?

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Observer is out. Dave confirming the rumors that Triple H is frustrated with the state of things:

Some notes regarding different things of late. Paul Levesque, while never saying anything publicly, those close to the situation say he's very frustrated with how things are going on the main roster. One person noted that a big problem isn't Vince not being open to suggestions, but that they believe he's far too open these days to suggestions and that it ends up watering down all the original visions and storylines. We're told that there has been too much input from too many people on the team who haven't figured out that when you change something in a story, it has a ripple effect on every aspect of the story. He solicits input on so much from so many people that it leads to things being watered down. There is a question of how Vince is going to cope with things early next year once the XFL starts. I can recall in 2001 when everyone doing both was just exhausted during football season. For better or worse, Vince's workload is crazy now. He's often in the office past midnight, close to 3 a.m. at least once a week and Friday's his easy day, he's working until 8 p.m. It's mostly work and lifting weights, and occasionally watching some football on the weekend. The feeling is once the XFL starts, even though he says nothing will change, that it is simply impossible that's the case unless he spends little time on the XFL. And since he's got so much riding on the XFL, and is spending so much money on it, I can't see him staying out of it. Regarding the family, Levesque picks his spots to talk with Vince, but never does it in front of anyone. Stephanie has nothing to do with creative. Shane does pitch ideas for himself but they rarely get used

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Everybody loves Andrade

Andrade has gotten high marks from everyone of late. He's gotten great reviews from the live event producers and the talent is also as a general rule really positive regarding his ability. He's pretty much become universally loved. Vince wants to push him but does feel his English is going to hold him back. Through talent relations, they've given him an English tutor to speed him up in that regard. He's been speaking more English in his promos of late because they want him to get more practice at it, rather than just rely on Vega to do it for him.

Oct 25, 2017
Poor Lee finally made it back from injury only for Dijakovic to now be out with an injury. Sucks that the match just never happened

Status
Not open for further replies.