• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Watching some wrestling while its muted and listening to music.

Nick Gage coming out to Karma Chameleon.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
They really should've pulled out all the stops to get a 6-man tag with the Chinese OWE guys - the casual fans who've seen clips of OWE want to see similar crazy kung-fu shit in person, instead they're getting T-Hawk, Lindaman & CIMA. And I'm sure it'll be a fine match, but it's not going to be a game changer like the Mania week DG 6-man tag in ROH back in the day.

Also, Hangman should've listened to Tanahashi.

I mean, it was never going to be a game changer with SCU. At the very least, Cima/THawk/Lindaman are a well oiled machine and they'll still probably melt everyone's brain who have never seen that style.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
They really should've pulled out all the stops to get a 6-man tag with the Chinese OWE guys - the casual fans who've seen clips of OWE want to see similar crazy kung-fu shit in person, instead they're getting T-Hawk, Lindaman & CIMA. And I'm sure it'll be a fine match, but it's not going to be a game changer like the Mania week DG 6-man tag in ROH back in the day.

Supposedly there were visa issues. Cima was going to be in the match to lead it because the OWE guys are still fairly green.

SCU v.s. Strong Hearts is going to be a much better match even if you won't the same level of insane spots.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Supposedly there were visa issues. Cima was going to be in the match to lead it because the OWE guys are still fairly green.

SCU v.s. Strong Hearts is going to be a much better match even if you won't the same level of insane spots.
Can't have the OWE battle monk coming over here smuggling Huawei phones. Or something.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Not listening, I'm assuming the Ashley/Kuwait incident.

Fuck.

Yeah. Tbh, I was leaning more to it not happening and it being a result of her depression & crappy lawyer, because from all accounts she's had a tough life since leaving wwe. But Maria is supposed to be the one person she told who then told other people. And saying "I don't remember" to me is code for "It happened but I don't want to admit it and get trouble from wwe".

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Tbh, I was leaning more to it not happening and being a result of her depression & crappy lawyer. But Maria is supposed to be the one person she told who then told other people. And saying "I don't remember" to me is code for "It happened but I don't want to admit it and get trouble from wwe".

It's certainly a pretty huge thing to be unsure about

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Tbh, I was leaning more to it not happening and being a result of her depression & crappy lawyer. But Maria is supposed to be the one person she told who then told other people. And saying "I don't remember" to me is code for "It happened but I don't want to admit it and get trouble from wwe".

Wasn't Maria trying to get fired a few months ago? Why would she care about getting in trouble?

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Just FYI, CIMA, El Lindaman, and T--Hawk have all tweeted within the past day or so about heading to Vegas, so it looks like the whole "visa issues causing another DoN match to be changed" thing wasn't actually a thing at all. All the foreign talent (minus PAC of course) seems to be accounted for.
Wow, it's almost like Rovert doesn't know shit

Imagine that

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Adam Cole is a weird little rat man.

25t82mr.jpg

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. Tbh, I was leaning more to it not happening and it being a result of her depression & crappy lawyer, because from all accounts she's had a tough life since leaving wwe. But Maria is supposed to be the one person she told who then told other people. And saying "I don't remember" to me is code for "It happened but I don't want to admit it and get trouble from wwe".

WWE probably slapped her with a a contract and fuck you money to forget it. That, probably in combination with threats to ruin her life. As a young family that has dealt with it's own troubles, I'd probably be pretty fucking afraid too.

Deleted member 225

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda hard to believe a company about sexual assault when the boss has been accused about sexual assault. And there's the ring boy scandal in the 80s. And Snuka. And the way they've portrayed women on television for decades. And so on.

But yeah I'm sure WWE is clean when it comes to Ashley.

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oh, it'll be a better match, but it won't get anywhere near the attention a 5 minute crazy sprint with Strong Hearts vs say, A-Ben, Yilong and Jingjia would have. It won't be the sort of match to demonstrate to those not already in the know why AEW having the OWE guys on board is particularly exciting.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know, but I don't know why the hell else she wouldn't say. It's either yes or no. I guess maybe she's guilty about not coming forward earlier if true or doesn't want to call a dead person a liar?

Did both Maria and Mike enter substance abuse counseling after signing with WWE? Memory loss is fairly common with people who have addiction issues. Maria may honestly being saying that she doesn't remember because of memory issues or because she was high during that tour and never retained that memory.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Did both Maria and Mike enter substance abuse counseling after signing with WWE? Memory loss is fairly common with people who have addiction issues. Maria may honestly being saying that she doesn't remember because of memory issues or because she was high during that tour and never retained that memory.

Just Mike afaik. Never heard that about Maria.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

As far as we know, Maria never had substance problems.

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While WWE absolutely does not deserve the benefit of doubt in these situations, I also feel like this kind of speculation doesn't really help anyone and as others have pointed out, we are not aware of Maria having any history of substance abuse problems.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, but I don't know why the hell else she wouldn't say. It's either yes or no. I guess maybe she's guilty about not coming forward earlier if true or doesn't want to call a dead person a liar?

Yeah an I don't remember could mean a number of things. It could easily mean she's not going to call a dead person a liar. Or it could mean she's afraid of repercussions. Either way, "I don't remember" ain't gonna be accurate. No way you forget a thing like that.

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when CM Punk said things on a podcast and had to deal with an expensive, multi year lawsuit

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WWE trying to sue Punk into oblivion, not because anything he said was majorly false, but simply because he'd said it, shows exactly what kind of people WWE are. Their general scumminess is so multi-faceted, I often wonder if anything could make some people call it quits.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
AEW would be more fun if Conrad Thompson and Fatass Masa were funding the whole fed out of money markdom

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
Just like the Enzo rape case, genius wrestling fans are taking "lack of evidence" as "it clearly never happened and the victim was a liar" Just in case anyone needed a reminder that Reddit is a shithole.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Catching up on NXT.

Johnny's "You didn't shock the school system" line popped me.
Seeing Tyler get that pop was really heartwarming. His "phone number on your tights" line went over my head though.
It seems commentary got the message. They managed to go the whole Candice match without once mentioning her husband.
Io's kendo stick beat down was fucking great. Loved the intensity.

he's a very hot possum
This is an accurate description of Cole.

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.