• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you want 4K?

• Yes, I need that sweet sweet crispness.

Votes: 980 44.0%
  • At the screen size I'm at, I'm fine with 1080p or 1440p.

Votes: 1,245 56.0%

• Total voters

Wet Jimmy

Nov 11, 2017
people can say that the game is charming and all, but the game is one of the worst examples of non native resolution out there this gen. On the 7" screen it looks so jaggy. and im not that bothered by that in most games. (But this and kirbys 30 fps are just to hard to swallow, both worse then the slowdowns in Links Awakening, since they go away after a second)

You're not wrong. But Nintendo seems to get a pass for dragging the technological chain.... still, if the target audience laps it up, no surprise why.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
You're not wrong. But Nintendo seems to get a pass for dragging the technological chain.... still, if the target audience laps it up, no surprise why.
Yeah, probably the games didn't have a loong time in development, and at the same time the team had to learn a new engine (UE4), since there is no way switch could not handle these games better. (and if some effects are to brutal for switch, this would be THE example of focus on the wrong graphical elements...)

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
I am fine with 1080p.

In all honestly I want developers to focus on 60fps and better draw distance, shadows and AA implementation.

Rarely do I have the feeling that 4k is worth it.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Same for me.
I don't have much to say about it because 720p is already quite clean vs non HD, so 1080 is perfect.
Clearly not what I'm looking for in a game.