• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Either he was asked to step down and refused or enough people hated him that they could kick him out. When was the last time a CEO was just booted

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Same thing happened with Intel's CEO last year.

Yup, and guess what? AMD is kicking their ass so hard right now. I absolutely do not believe its simply cause of a relationship, neither for Intel or McD's CEOs. He must have fucked up or a power struggle. Intel's CEO definitely got canned for losing to AMD, not for being in a relationship with a employee.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
Hey! Spend most of your waking moments with coworkers. Have little time to actually go out and meet other people. I don't know what companies expect. Sad that two people can't have a relationship without their corporate overlord having it's say.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
What are the odds this other person was getting preferential treatment in some fashion?

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
tumblr_omxarcn8pS1r5zq6ao1_250.gif

perfect xD

Pussy is always worth it.

Good god no, even as an owner of said puss.
I don't think people should/would[?] say "that dick is always worth it" either xD

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good. CEO's shouldn't be allowed to have sex before we have 90% wealth tax.

Also, *insert Big Mac joke here*

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
Underpay staff, treat them like shit, wage theft, fire them at a whim = Big bonus

Consensual dating = GTFO

Hmm...

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I'd assume that someone at his level of wealth and influence would be able to find a quality partner in Chicago's high society fairly easily.

Seems like an easily avoidable mistake.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Hey! Spend most of your waking moments with coworkers. Have little time to actually go out and meet other people. I don't know what companies expect. Sad that two people can't have a relationship without their corporate overlord having it's say.
The CEO is the corporate overlord. The fact that shareholders or the board can out him with a vote is basically a sort of checks and balances type of thing, since no single person can direct the CEO.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
What are the odds this other person was getting preferential treatment in some fashion?

it's the crux of the matter, even if said employee wasn't getting any preferred treatment whatsoever.

people are human and it's in a way wrong to penalize people for having relationships. but end of the day no way that doesn't come into play at whatever point

Nov 8, 2017
Intel's CEO definitely got canned for losing to AMD, not for being in a relationship with a employee.

Just to clarify, it's more like canned for a combination of bad management decisions and being unlucky enough for the 10nm delay fiascos to happen under his watch (which was really only indirectly related to his leadership). It's like how presidential approval correlates to a lot of factors out of their control in that way.

I do generally agree that he was outed under a pretext by people unhappy with how things were going. The biggest benefit to his successor though is that a lot of the problems under Krzanich were only a few years away from solving themselves regardless of who was in charge.

Oct 30, 2017
Where I work, it doesn't matter if it's consensual, a person in a higher authority over another in a relationship is such an incredibly big no-no. It's such a big no-no everyone actually had to take an online learning course and acknowledge the rules.

It's a very standard thing in companies.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
Was that necessary if it's consensual?

Plenty of businesses have policies against nepotism, and dating an employee of your company would very much qualify, specifically if said employee was receiving preferential treatment over others more deserving. It's hardly some uncommon thing and often taken very seriously.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, at least he can say that he went for it, and didn't McChicken out

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
If you could fire someone or impeded their career for breaking off a relationship, even if you don't, that's not totally ethical.

i_am_ben

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like overkill. Heaps of people meet at work. There's nothing wrong with it as long as it's managed correctly.

Illenium

Aug 7, 2019
Plenty of businesses have policies against nepotism, and dating an employee of your company would very much qualify, specifically if said employee was receiving preferential treatment over others more deserving. It's hardly some uncommon thing and often taken very seriously.

That's assuming she was receiving preferential treatment. But it's wild to even make that claim, imo anyway

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
Eh, these C-level people bounce around companies all the time. Getting fired from one is hardly a big deal at all.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Yeah, you can't have someone that high on the totem pole dating an employee, even if nothing is amiss the possibility of abuse is way too high.

I've never dated anyone I worked with that was underneath me, but a good 60-70% of my relationships have came through work. Even then it's never ended well for anyone lol

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
The CEO is the corporate overlord. The fact that shareholders or the board can out him with a vote is basically a sort of checks and balances type of thing, since no single person can direct the CEO.
If he's embezzling money or the stock has cratered sure, but I think forcing someone out because he wants to have a relationship with another human being is a bridge too far.