• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017
27eni3j97bffhjxj25elv0sk9.480x360x120.gif

I don't go to McDonald's all the time, but I would always get a double hamburger with a mac sauce packet. Cheaper than a big Mac, perfect size, same taste.
I ordered through the app and noticed there was no button like usual, surely must be just a mistake. Nope, when I go to get my food, the cashier says "oh we discontinued those".

I am LIVID.

Probably never going to McDonald's again, A&W is better anyway.

kraftdinner

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2019
I didn't even know this existed. I guess it's too bad for you but are you really going to ban McDonald's over this?

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I miss those 3 glorious weeks where they had sriracha Mac sauce packets. Amazing for fries and on a .25 lber

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
WAT

My McDonald's locations never had those big Mac sauce packets to my experience.

Sucks to hear about their discontinuation though. :(

Deleted member 4518

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They used to charge for them too before getting rid of them.

McChicken sauce I think is also a charge, but I haven't been to McDonald's in a while for food, only McCafe

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They also sold Big Mac and McChicken sauce on supermarkets for a hot minute last year. Shame.

If you want small sandwiches with Big Mac sauce just ask to "make it like a mac". It will cost extra though.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can make your own Big Mac sauce at home, the recipe has been been online. Get your favorite burger brand from the supermarket and usher your stomach into Heaven.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I didn't know it was a thing, either.

I often get asked if I want McChicken sauce though. Once I said yes and put some on a cheeseburger and it was pretty dope.

OP
OP
shacklesmcgee

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even know this existed. I guess it's too bad for you but are you really going to ban McDonald's over this?

....maybe

it's it just thousand island dressing?
uh, it's not some secret ingredient.... it's just thousand island dressing with added salt.

It is...but McDonald's doesn't have packets of 1000 island either

Too soon, too soon :(
Yep. Quick trip to the grocery store will get you all the Big Mac sauce you could want.
But I'm not gonna walk around with a bottle of 1000 island in the off chance I may go to McDonald's

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Ask for your McDouble or Double Cheeseburger to be Dressed like a mac.

It's $1 extra and it adds shredded lettuce and mac sauce

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why's everybody saying it's just 1000 island dressing? Iirc, they don't taste even remotely similar.

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
Ask for your McDouble or Double Cheeseburger to be Dressed like a mac.

It's $1 extra and it adds shredded lettuce and mac sauce

So basically paying $1 extra for sauce.

I didn't know it was a thing, either.

I often get asked if I want McChicken sauce though. Once I said yes and put some on a cheeseburger and it was pretty dope.

McChicken sauce is just mayo though. No idea why they call it that.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
In the US, you pay $0.50, I believe, to add Mac sauce to your McDouble/double cheeseburger. Still significantly cheaper than a Big Mac, with less bread.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I do McDoubles - sub mac sauce + add shredded lettuce. It already comes with the pickle and onion

You can do this, PLUS add an extra beef patty and it's still significantly less than a Big Mac. It sucks that they took your free sauce packets away from you, though, my friend from the Great White North.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nooooooooooooo

This honestly means I'll probably go to McDonald's less.

McDonald's fries + McChicken sauce with a big Mac is my hangover/fast food meal of choice.

Not anymore.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
You can do this, PLUS add an extra beef patty and it's still significantly less than a Big Mac. It sucks that they took your free sauce packets away from you, though, my friend from the Great White North.
I'm from the US lol, that's just how I order 'em. I never get it on the side though, I think it's only like 0.50 extra the way i get them

OP
OP
shacklesmcgee

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017
Darn, where ever will you find thousand island dressing

I was on my way to work though, just getting a quick bite to eat. Not like I could run into the store and buy a bottle of 1000 island for one hamburger.

Time to petition them to bring these back.

Xj9EmrW.jpg

We actually do have those in Canada...

They weren't free, something like 25 or 50 cents.

I guess I can try and "make it like a mac" next time though.