• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
emotion engine
Oct 27, 2017
We're moving office in a few months and instead of desktops we're getting notebooks/laptops and using RDP to connect to more powerful workstations etc.
So, does anyone have any recommendations for ISO Wireless TKL Mechanical Keyboards? I'm currently using a TKL Novatouch at work so something similar to that would be great... but it needs to be ISO with the big enter key, i just don't get along with ANSI keyboards.
Since ISO is a requirement, I think your only options are the Corsair K63 and Filco Convertible 2 Tenkeyless.

killertofu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone else use the Realforce 87U on a Mac? I know it's wake from sleep problem but I was wondering if there was a way to see or bind keys... I'm not sure what the function key is on this thing, plus having to hit the windows button as command is really annoying. Do they even make a topre CMD keycap for this?

args

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
god one of my coworkers uses a mechanical keyboard. we're software developers in an open office space plan, and the noise is obnoxious. i want to pick that shit up and chuck it out the fucking window. so goddamn loud and annoying.

Oct 25, 2017
bruh don't blame godlike keyboards for shitty open office design

also your boy should have got a topre which sounds like rain drops ona tin roof

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
My Cherry MX 2.0 Board has gone haywire. What should I get next that is only around 100? I could get use to a TKL, but I use one. I thought about buying the same KB and I also been recommended the logitech K840.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
https://drop.com/buy/drop-shift-mechanical-keyboard
What does everyone think of the new mass drop keyboard?
The Alt and Ctrl both have fairly standard layouts so I'm kind of baffled as to why they went with This specific layout for the Shift. I was expecting a Ctrl/Alt inspired version of the IC Kira or the Vortex Tab90M. Super disappointed, honestly.

At least my MD Alt continues to be amazing. Lubed Zilent switches are super tactile and quieter than the rubber dome boards in my office.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Walmart has a clearance on the Corsair K68 for $45. Ended up picking one up coming from Browns.

Kind of liking the red keys. Keyboard design is pretty pleasant as well.

OP
OP
emotion engine
Oct 27, 2017
https://drop.com/buy/drop-shift-mechanical-keyboard
What does everyone think of the new mass drop keyboard?
1800 layout is great, but that keyboard is really ugly. They should've done a high profile case or made a more compact layout, getting rid of one row of keys above the numpad and lowering the function row.

Yea got a picture or something? just links to main page for me.
upamh2B0QHuYCNeL2jU4_PC%20copy.png

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
So I broke a switch on my K95 while cleaning it last night (don't ask I was a dumbass), anything new I should look at? Was hoping Logitech had replaced the 910 with something less terribly designed, but nope, and the G513 doesn't have media keys with generally I don't care about but I like having a volume dial of some kind.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
So I broke a switch on my K95 while cleaning it last night (don't ask I was a dumbass), anything new I should look at? Was hoping Logitech had replaced the 910 with something less terribly designed, but nope, and the G513 doesn't have media keys with generally I don't care about but I like having a volume dial of some kind.

I think the G613 has media. I know it seems unpopular, but I really like the Romer switches for everyday typing. It had been my work office keyboard for over a year. Best of blue and brown.
I believe the G513 is the gaming variant of the K840 I use.

mnemonicj

Oct 27, 2017
Honduras
I was given the choice to purchase a new keyboard at work and went for the Ducky One 2 Mini.
I like it so much I'll get one for my home space eventually.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm gathering a list of parts for a new build and will replace my old keyboard with a new one. I see more and more companies have their own switches now instead of just using Cherries. Are there any to stay away from?

Plumpman

Jan 24, 2018
How do you guys like the Logitech Master mouse? I had the old revision with the battery that barely lasted a few days.

The Performance MX used to be my go-to mouse, but the MX Master has completely replaced it.
I'm using the MX Master Stone. I personally really enjoy it.

The scroll wheel is excellent and unlocks into a free-spin if you scroll fast enough. Great for long websites or huge scripts.
The mouse itself has nice weight to it. I like heavier mice.
I don't use the side buttons much so I can't comment on them.

Aurongel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We have very similar setups. This is my workstation. :)
Looks super, super good. I'll have to post a pic sometime of my workplace setup with my workhorse Vortex Race 3. It's the best pre-assembled keyboard I've ever used.

How do you guys like the Logitech Master mouse? I had the old revision with the battery that barely lasted a few days.
My MX Master 2S lasts several weeks before requiring a recharge. I would however caution against getting the white version as it quickly yellows with regular use and is quite difficult to clean :(

Plumpman

Jan 24, 2018
I would however caution against getting the white version as it quickly yellows with regular use and is quite difficult to clean :(

Oh interesting, do they have a white 2S? I wasn't even aware.
The "Stone" that I use lasts for around 2 weeks also before needing a charge, and that's 8 hours a day to boot!

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
The Performance MX used to be my go-to mouse, but the MX Master has completely replaced it.
I'm using the MX Master Stone. I personally really enjoy it.

The scroll wheel is excellent and unlocks into a free-spin if you scroll fast enough. Great for long websites or huge scripts.
The mouse itself has nice weight to it. I like heavier mice.
I don't use the side buttons much so I can't comment on them.

Plumpman recommends the BBW mice.

I feel the same. At home, I like something light. At work, I want weight and feeling.

spool

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any ergonomic mechanical keyboards that are any good?
I can't vouch for it myself, but I think Dactyl Manuform looks really interesting. There are a bunch of variants of it, and since it's 3D printed, you can tweak it to the size and shape of your hands.

A fair bit of work involved in this one though, as you have to do it all yourself, from the 3D printed case, to the soldering of switches, to tweaking of the firmware.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Another broken stem in a keycap on my Corsair K70 RGB LUX. This is like the fifth keycap stem to break in over a year. Two keys in two days breaking. Corsair's keycap choice is terrible.

D079-DB2-E-9460-49-CB-A2-DC-FB8-F1-AE35622.jpg

the_bromo_tachi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Finally got my vortex tab 90m in the mail today. At first I ordered from candy keys but they were taking a long time to prep my order. After 15 days, I canceled from them and ordered from mechanicalkeyboards.com. They were swift in shipping my keyboard out despite living outside the US. I just wished it came earlier since I had this week off... Nonetheless, this feels great and the silent reds are actually...quiet. So different from the Razer Blackwidow ultimate 2016. The layout will take me a while to get used to though. I tried programming with it a bit and it seems perfect even though I kept pressing the end key. I also really appreciate how it works on both macOS and windows without using a third party program. Overall, great buy and shout out to Sankt Ra for recommending this keyboard to me.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so sad I sold my realforce to a friend for like 6000jpy before moving from Japan. I want one now and had no idea the prices in europe were so high lol.

Finally got my vortex tab 90m in the mail today. At first I ordered from candy keys but they were taking a long time to prep my order. After 15 days, I canceled from them and ordered from mechanicalkeyboards.com. They were swift in shipping my keyboard out despite living outside the US. I just wished it came earlier since I had this week off... Nonetheless, this feels great and the silent reds are actually...quiet. So different from the Razer Blackwidow ultimate 2016. The layout will take me a while to get used to though. I tried programming with it a bit and it seems perfect even though I kept pressing the end key. I also really appreciate how it works on both macOS and windows without using a third party program. Overall, great buy and shout out to Sankt Ra for recommending this keyboard to me.
Why not mykeyboard.eu? Unless the model you wanted was out of stock.

killertofu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are those Topre to MX converters any good? God I love typing on my topre keyboard at home, I hate going to work and having to type on some shitty Mac keyboard lol

sca

Oct 25, 2017
I guess this will be the last stock of the WhiteFox? I pre-ordered a kit through Kono Store (currently a sale, lots of items sold out) along with switches, cable, and keycaps. I really wanted Healios for the build, but since they're expensive, decided on Hako Trues and found that the small packs were sold out. I went with Hako Clears in the end, I guess I can lube them as an option. I also had a hard time deciding between this and a NightFox, but my keyboards have a dark base so I might as well try something new. Additionally, I ordered a few Mill-Max 0305 sockets with the idea of making my Poker 2 hot swappable, but I might just install it on the WhiteFox instead.

ps. promo code KONOWELCOME10 to receive a discount off the WhiteFox (kit or assembled) and Hako switches(afaik, haven't tried with other options)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I just got the ducky mini one 2. I'm trying to figure out how to macro media functions. Looking for some help there. Also, the board doesn't shut off when I turn off the pc, I have to unplug the usb cable from the board.I'm trying to figure out why. Another thing that really annoys me so far is the flimsy ass usb cable that doesn't stay plugged in. The slightest tug of the board and it disconnects. I don't know wtf they were thinking with that.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Just ordered a Cherry MX switch tester that'll arrive by tomorrow so I can get ready for Prime Day. Are there usually any good sales on mechanical keyboards?

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anybody here with a Logitech G513 (or any Logitech keyboard with RGB backlighting) had any issues with some blue LEDs going dim? If you did, any luck fixing it? It looks like it's a common issue. Set the key to white, it looks yellow. Set to purple, looks red.

One Reddit post I found searching around said they fixed it by reinstalling Logitech Gaming Software and updating the firmware but my firmware is up to date and reinstalling LGS didn't work. The Logitech rep suggested trying it in G Hub but no luck there either and G Hub is a buggy mess.

Right now the - key on the top row's blue LED is dimmer than the others on my G513. Mine's still under warranty and Logitech is sending a replacement, but some are reporting their warranty replacement boards end up with the same problem. It's just the blue LEDs from everything I've read so far.

Aurongel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone have experience with a WASD Code board? How are they?
Used a CODE TKL for 8 months as a software engineer. I loved the flexibility and classiness of the design but really found the plastic case lacking given the high cost of the board. The switches come lubed right from the factory which is awesome but the keycaps are pretty coarse.

Upgrade to a Vortex Race 3 and never looked back.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone familiar with DIY kits?

They seem...not much less expensive than just buying a keyboard?
That was my experience looking into them too. I guess they'd be more cool if you had some very specific things in mind (like particular key types for particular keys, or the style of the case).

But I had a hard time justifying the cost over a solidly made Leopold or Ducky board.