• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Trailer:

Join the Mechstermination Force and save the world from the gigantic MegaMechs! Battle against massive bosses, jump and climb onto them to find their weak spots and blow them to kingdom come in this action packed platforming boss rush, from the creator of the Gunman Clive series. Coming soon to Nintendo Switch!

When the MegaMechs have taken control of the world, one small group of brave soldiers are still fighting for humanity's independence.

Join them and lead the charge against the mechanical menace.

Get powerful weapons and upgrades! Use the Magnet Gloves to climb on top of robots the size of Skyscrapers, double jump over pools of lava with the Boost Boots, and use your trusty baseball bat to smash the MegaMechs energy cores.

Take on the massive bosses alone or together with a friend in local co-op.

Key Features
  • Intense platform action.
  • 14 massive and highly varied bosses.
  • Two-player local co-op.
  • Vibrant colorful art style.
  • Four playable characters.
  • Runs in 1080p in TV mode / 720p in handheld mode.
  • Runs at 60 frames per second.
  • Uses a custom engine.

Hot off the press! Saw it announced on the YouTube Channel just now.

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
For a game with a lot less artistic merit than Gunman Clive, it sure as hell picks up the slack with what looks like amazing gameplay and boss variety. That scale looks insane, I cannot wait for the inevitable giant as fuck mech that is an entire level.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Yooooo, this looks pretty rad. So it's kind of a Cuphead, boss rush style thing?

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why I thought of Cuphead before Contra... Maybe due to how Cuphead had more focus on the boss fights than the platform levels and how creative the bosses were. Honestly though, the only other thing I'm trying to figure out is how to pronounce that title. Mech-Ster-Min-Ation I think?

Either way, this this looks pretty fun. Can't wait.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
uh, so the creator of Gunman Clive is creating a boss rush game

*throws entire wallet at Switch console*

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know why I thought of Cuphead before Contra... Maybe due to how Cuphead had more focus on the boss fights than the platform levels and how creative the bosses were. Honestly though, the only other thing I'm trying to figure out is how to pronounce that title. Mech-Ster-Min-Ation I think?

Either way, this this looks pretty fun. Can't wait.

Yep. It's a play on words of Extermination--"Mech" Stermination.

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
I like it. The boss fights were generally stronger than the platforming levels in Gunman Clive and its sequel.

Gotta say that the aesthetics aren't nearly as eye-catching, though.

Zevenberge

Oct 27, 2017
That's not a good first impression for the story. From "You are the only one left in fighting condition" to "Two player co-op" in a split second. Where does the second player come from???

More seriously, it looks good, but I am afraid I will skip it. Boss sections are usually the least interesting part of the game for me.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Given how awesome the Clives were, absolutely interested. Wonder if we're looking at boss rush only, the title sort of suggests it.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really into run & gun games but I think this needs more time on the oven

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is giving me serious Treasure vibes and if you know me that's the highest praise I can give to a game.

giphy.gif

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
While this looks right up my alley and the 1080p 60fps is a real big seller to me, I can't seem to gripe the feeling that I'd get bored with it just being a Boss Rush type of game.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great but I'm not sure I'm skilled enough for it. :(

I look forward to Digital Foundry coverage courtesy of Dark1x though.