• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Good on them for offering refunds. It's a difficult situation for these smaller devs but I think it's best to take the money even if it means less people will play your game.

That aside, if you pre-ordered and care about the PC platform please refund.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I might be repeating myself by now, but this is the new normal for PC gaming, is not going anywhere anytime soon. It will probably be even worst once the streaming gaming services wars fully explodes.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think what a lot of people are missing here with this is that Epic has probably allowed the studio to polish this game even further and have clearly included data that suggests that the game being on the store is good for the future of the series and the studio.

I understand the dislike for the client and Epic in general, but remember that there are real people behind these titles that need this game to succeed in terms of money first.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
The more deals like these happen the more game developers lose respect in my sight. The only exception to this thought of mine are CD Project RED and dev teams like REALLY need an injection of money to continue their game development.

Its high time the PC game community completely stops supporting garbage developers/publishers like these on every front aside from the whole 'crunch' situation. Absolutely no sympathy for the pubs/devs making these deals. Fuck em. The whole EGS situation is ugly as fuck when it comes to the PC gaming landscape. Epic is hell bent on not improving their baby which is EGS and just keep making these shitty exclusive deals.

First fan favourite/Fan requested title 'Shenmue III' and now freaking Mechwarrior made exclusive completely months before launch. Seriously Fuck Epic and fuck these companies for taking money from non other than assholes like Tim sweeny, fucking over their fanbase. I seriously hope Epic goes bankrupt aside from their Unreal Engine business.

I honestly don't know why people get all bent out of shape about this. Download the other launcher. Problem solved.

It would be totally fine if the game was just launching 'on another launcher' but months away from release its removed from steam and made EGS exclusive? People play and buy games on steam a lot of time because of the features it offers and the big convenience to PC gamers while EGS is barebones and shit even when compared to Uplay or EA's Origin.

How about educating yourself about the whole EGS issue before dismissing this issue? Either you are a troll or are like many others completely not knowledgable about this situation... seriously why do people just barge in here and talk shit like its not an issue when more than half of this forums if completely up in arms about it?

Its been months since it was made but here's a PDF made by one of our very own ERA member that explains this EGS issue. If you really care about knowing what this 'outrage' is all about.

Honestly posts like these should be bannable by default.

Last edited:

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
If some of the already launched titles and coverage I've read about is accurate and can be transferred in some way, Mechwarrior being on EGS is probably a great thing for the dev and the game, and its future.

Imagine being salty about where a game is available at.

Dont reverse the charge. I'm not salty that the game is available on EGS. You're cheering that the game will be available only ONE place. That's the big difference.

So yeah, pretty petty trolling here.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I have no issue with this. Glad to see a smaller franchise get some financial stability. Sucks for folks that really wanted it on Steam, though.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
great another PC only game that's going EGS.

The game will bomb sales wise and mechwarrior will be dead again.

I won't be buying on egs.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I recall people noticed the FAQ removing all references to Steam before this announcement and they flat out denied there was any changes to store platforms.
Transparency, how does it work.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I think what a lot of people are missing here with this is that Epic has probably allowed the studio to polish this game even further and have clearly included data that suggests that the game being on the store is good for the future of the series and the studio.

I understand the dislike for the client and Epic in general, but remember that there are real people behind these titles that need this game to succeed in terms of money first.
It seems you dont understand the dislike, going by your first post in this thread.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't pre-ordered this, nor am I into the EGS ecosystem yet, but I want to support MechWarrior after so many years being MIA. So gg Epic, ya got me.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Balmung421

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So excited for this game and can't wait to play later this year. Hoping for the greatest of successes since I really want more mech games.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Making refunds plainly available from moment 1. Shenmue 3 making them look positively benevolent. Can't hate too hard lol.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Pshhh, Mechwarrior?
Come on Epic give me already the thread to end all threads with "RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 PC COMING EXCLUSIVELY TO EPIC GAME STORE (READ STAFF AND THREADMARK POSTS BEFORE COMMENTING)".

This is the best thing that could happen to us PC players. Do you know how costly that would be for Epic? This could save probably 50 to 100 games from going exclusives to epic!

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
If some of the already launched titles and coverage I've read about is accurate and can be transferred in some way, Mechwarrior being on EGS is probably a great thing for the dev and the game, and its future.

Of which...you mean the money Epic hands out for said exclusivity?

Because outside of WWZ (which IIRC wasn't really a 'blatant' snag from Steam or elsewhere), I've not really seen any 'touting' of sales by Epic to show off how well their launcher is doing in terms of fostering increased amounts of sales overall compared to hypothetical history of similar titles on steam.

edit:

....lol.

Devs need to eat, sure, but going off of the recent 'change' in the FAQ that now turns out to be this, I don't know if this is really an apt stance to take, as a consumer.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Too bad, no buy then from me. Looked promising and this in VR could have been amazing. But gladly there are enough other games to play.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
At least these guys are offering full refunds right away. They're not pulling teeth like Shenmue.

It's interesting that these devs are handling the refunds themselves while EGS is handling the Shenmue refunds.

WTF this is scummy as hell now!! I take back my goodwill towards these devs. FUCK THEM

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If they need to get paid millions for exclusive deals to succeed, maybe they are just delaying the inevitable.

Companies cannot keep depending of getting free money to keep their business going. And that doesn't come without is setbacks: one company getting money and spotlight means another one getting shadowed.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017

I think what a lot of journalists are missing here with this is that Epic has allowed studios to lock games to a client with a host of basic missing features, especially after very clear and recent information that shows that the 12% cut isn't sustainable due to EGS' near requirement of other software to make up for itself (GOG 2.0, WINE, SteamVR) and passing along extra costs to consumers where possible (i.e. non-standard payment methods that add on a few extra %).

I understand the industry's aplomb for Epic throwing money around like Midas, but remember that there are real people spending money on these titles, many of which who gave their hard earned money in good faith years ago on what was originally promised, and that ultimately never forget that this is a consumer driven market first and foremost.

This absolutely works both ways.

Is the product different now that it exists on EGS?

As a journalist, if after all this time since EGS' inception you still don't understand the difference in feature sets between EGS and Steam that actively impact the QoL user experience, then I feel you are being ignorant whether deliberately or otherwise.

Last edited:

hammurabi

Oct 27, 2017

Is it really success if you have to get EGS money in order to succeed?

mephixto

Oct 25, 2017

Customers are real people too, it doesn't matter if they are getting screwed or if the game is bad? The only thing that matter is the dev getting paid. NICE!

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Nobody is missing that but you are far from an impartial observer who has cheered for every exclusive that epic has done. They are free to do whatever they want maybe this will be the thing that helps the studio . The developers that go exclusive like this are actively going against their fanbase and it seems long term this is going to end up being a bad decision for any developer that made.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Is the product different now that it exists on EGS?
Do I get cloud saves despite them promising months ago? (no)
can i share it with family and friends easily through steam? (no)
can i easily use other steam features that could improve the game? (no)

oh... Seriously it doesnt take that much to see the difference between what steam and egs offers to the customer, I understand you dont see that much as a reviewer but i am a customer

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think that [edit: inflammatory phrasing here removed].

Seriously though, at least the silver lining here is that MW is back.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017

How do you know that, how do the devs and Epic came to that conclusion? That is just PR bullshit.

There are thousands of other devs who deserve and NEED money. Why does this dev deserve it more?