• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's important that people keep in mind how much of a bet that PGI is taking with this game and how much risk is reduced by taking the EGS offer.

Be mad at Epic if anything. This was the best decision they could've taken.
They can do what they want but I will not support them and I bet you they will lose a ton of sales and goodwill from this decision but they made the decision and they will have to live with it.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, I'm glad they're gonna have the money to do what they want/need to because Mechwarrior fucking deserves it. On the other hand, fuck.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
I cant help but laugh. They are doing their best to piss off every different fanbase they can find.

I have no horse in this race but i do find it amusing.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You love more options when the game is going to be available only on EGS? lmao
But this is anti-competitive and results in less options?
giphy.gif

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Yet another game I will completely write off.. Crap thing to do since you were able to preorder it for a Steam release. I'll wait for the PC game pass version or just won't play it.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The hardest of hard ball these dudes at Epic are playing. Wow.

Well, we know what comes next in this thread.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Fuck man. Fuck this. I guess developers will be fine with less people playing their games but epic covering the cost of selling a ton of copies. Good for them but when Epic stops giving out massive handouts they might regret that their fan base is even smaller in the future for their next games.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
In before "(See Staff Posts)" gets added into the thread title :P

Anyway, at least they're offering refunds. They don't want a Shenmue situation.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Pshhh, Mechwarrior?
Come on Epic give me already the thread to end all threads with "RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 PC COMING EXCLUSIVELY TO EPIC GAME STORE (READ STAFF AND THREADMARK POSTS BEFORE COMMENTING)".

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
"I do suggest all community edition pre-order customers please join the AMA tonight where I think I can provide valuable insight into why this is without question the best decision for MW5:Mercs and the future of MechWarrior games."

9ddt9PL.gif

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Lol holy shit. This is like an ongoing siege against Steam. I'm super hyped for this game too.. This and Tetris Effect are gonna get me using that EGS storefront fo'sho.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Pshhh, Mechwarrior?
Come on Epic give me already the thread to end all threads with "RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 PC COMING EXCLUSIVELY TO EPIC GAME STORE (READ STAFF AND THREADMARK POSTS BEFORE COMMENTING)".

I will leap out the window if that thread ever happens, I already skip Gaming Side now

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I would honestly rather Windows/Xbox Store exclusivity. EGS still doesn't have cloud saves. I have a gaming laptop and desktop.

Maybe they will roll it out by the time MW5 drops. Maybe.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Pshhh, Mechwarrior?

Except everyone will just buy it on the Rockstar Social Club that cares so it really won't matter.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Someone earlier in the thread said that they're a really small studio and basically need MW5 to succeed in order to keep the lights on, so yeah I can't really blame them.

If this is true, yeah cannot really blame them. Was looking forward to it, but the Epic store is not a launcher I want to use considering it lacks so many features. Will wait until it is on Steam or if Epic actually gets their act together and puts up more client friendly features.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I love Mechwarrior and Battletech but like, isn't Piranha sort of notorious with the way money is handled?
This isn't all that surprising when MWO had some pretty absurd monetary stuff that put me off the game.

zyxwvu4321

Oct 25, 2017
First game I've actually cared about to do this. Guess I'm waiting another year for it (hopefully).

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if you're fine with EGS I can't imagine how an announcement like this would generate anything more than a nonplussed reaction, let alone genuine enthusiasm.

If some of the already launched titles and coverage I've read about is accurate and can be transferred in some way, Mechwarrior being on EGS is probably a great thing for the dev and the game, and its future.

Last edited:

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Valve should probably stop letting devs put up pre orders and store pages without commitments to launch day and date with epic.

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
LOL.

Unless the reasoning is "we got a shitton of money" he can fuck off with his spin.

That shit ton of money is making the studio survive and allows them to spend more time developing the game.

I wonder if they are prepared for the backlash at least they are offering refunds.

I am sure they have. It's nice that they offering refunds even for people who preordered and used the exclusive pre-order codes.

Valve should probably stop letting devs put up pre orders and store pages without commitments to launch day and date with epic.

It never received any Steam store page. Only a text blurb on the official website's preorder page that said Steam keys.

EGS topic guidelines

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
*sigh*
Official Staff Communication
Given the volatility in recent Epic Game Store related threads we have decided that some clearer guidelines are required to cultivate healthier discussion.
  • Do not enter these threads in bad faith. If we conclude that your goal is to misrepresent the concerns of other users or rile people up, you will be moderated. Intent matters here. Honest questions or commentary about the differences and similarities between the Epic Games Store and other storefronts are fine. Deliberately and dismissively attempting to troll concerned members on those topics is not okay. These discussions must be held in good faith and in a civil manner.
  • As a reminder, antagonizing or engaging in personal attacks on other members is still against the rules. We have a large community with a wide range of preferences and personal priorities. Not everyone will feel the same way as you do on any given topic. If you feel a post is breaking a rule please report it and do not respond with hostility. If you choose to engage do so politely. We always check to see which users have a history of trouble in this area.
  • It is perfectly acceptable to want to wait for a game to be released on the storefront of your preference (ex: "I'll just wait for the Steam release.") It is not acceptable to troll threads because of storefront exclusivity timed or otherwise (ex: "So the real PC release is going to be a year later.") The latter is needlessly inflammatory and distracts from discussion. We will be scrutinizing these posts more closely going forward.
  • Do not advocate, defend, or admit to piracy under any circumstances. This is explicitly against our Terms of Service. There are no justifications that will make this acceptable.
Addendum: It's fine and often healthy to be critical of media coverage (ex: "I don't think this article is good and here's why"), but please avoid going down any rabbit holes with excessive vitriol and conspiracy theories (ex: "This outlet is clearly paid off because I don't agree with their coverage"). We've long had a general policy against hyperbolical vilification of the media and that rule has not been suspended.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
This might be the least controversial Epic exclusive PR announcement to date. Can't fault them for being open about offering refunds.

BUT. They know that their fans wouldn't be happy, so they begin the FAQ with how to get a refund. And the same standardized PR bullshit on how they can make better games with the money etc. etc.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I'm okay witht this. They havent actually made a non port game besides Mechwarrior online so... if they got a cash injection to polish the game even further that's cool. This genre of games is a niche within a niche and anybody thinking they would have sold millions on a dead ip is in lala land