• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
200.gif

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Years upon years of years of MC topics dating back from the early days of gaf(or so I hear), the end of a damn long legacy.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
That's a shame :(

Now I've gotta remake all of my documentation from MC to Famitsu or Dengeki.. I cant say I like that :P

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is 100% BS that this industry is so hell bent on hiding its own sales figures unlike other entertainment industries.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I think the staff should look into including a subscription with the regular ResetEra Gold membership.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also top 10's are going to be so boring. The top 10's are hardly ever worth talking about in the long run, it's about the other games and how they're performing. As of right now the top 10 is 9 Nintendo titles taking up the top spots, with 1 new game, DMCV. Now imagine when Animal Crossing and the new gen Pokemon comes out and how much the top 10 with hardly allow anything else.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Someone should let publishers know that this won't stop their games from underperforming.

Sardello

Oct 30, 2017
Lads and Gents, it's not a matter of hiding under publishers pressure, but of gaining more money

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I blame Left Alive.
Also top 10's are going to be so boring. The top 10's are hardly ever worth talking about in the long run, it's about the other games and how they're performing. As of right now the top 10 is 9 Nintendo titles taking up the top spots, with 1 new game, DMCV. Now imagine when Animal Crossing and the new gen Pokemon comes out and how much the top 10 with hardly allow anything else.
lol - no the Top 10 are usually the most important part because they cover new releases.
After the Top 10 sales are drop really fast.

More data is always better though - but lets not act as if the Top 10 arent the most important part of weekly numbers.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
what is era moderation's stance regarding if someone buys this and decides to publicize the information on era every week?

OP
OP
duckroll

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
lol - no the Top 10 are usually the most important part because they cover new releases.
He's talking about evergreen titles staying on the Top10 pushing new releases off the Top10 sometimes, and there being no data on those at all.

what is era moderation's stance regarding if someone buys this and decides to publicize the information on era every week?
Regardless of their stance, how many weeks do you expect this to last?

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I blame Left Alive.

More data is always better though - but lets not act as if the Top 10 arent the most important part of weekly numbers.

Top 10 especially during slow week or holiday will tell us zero thing lol. Especially with how japan works right now.

It will be 9 switch game and 1 new ps4 game. Forever and ever.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So sad to see this happen. Hopefully Famitsu and Dengeki don't follow suit. I wonder if the threads will be rebranded, considering MC will not be providing nearly as meaningful inisight as Famitsu will anymore.

Oct 29, 2017
A top-10 in Japan is literally useless. It'll just be the exact same games over and over again, week after week.

Lads and Gents, it's not a matter of hiding under publishers pressure, but of gaining more money

It's both. Publishers outside of Nintendo had an incentive to push for this, while MC also saw what NPD did and thought "Hey! I want in on that extra money!"

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Well yes, they cover new releases, which will often slowly or speedily move out of the top 10, which is why top 20 is so nice because we'll still be able to see how it's performing and if the legs are fine. I really mean the long term and how having a wider list gives more information to talk about. A top 10 of mostly the same games will get stale, and right now, Nintendo is dominating with their evergreens with another around the corner.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Top 10 especially during slow week or holiday will tell us zero thing lol. Especially with how japan works right now.

It will be 9 switch game and 1 new ps4 game. Forever and ever.
He's talking about evergreen titles staying on the Top10 pushing new releases off the Top10 sometimes, and there being no data on those at all.
It will tell us that the the game wasnt even able to sell more than 10k or whatever during its launch week.
These are the game people shitted and laughed on anyways for them most part.

It would be a bigger issue if Famitsu would follow suit as well - but as of now....the biggest and most important releases will be still part of the MC Top 10...bombs and games complety under performing will be missing, but we usually rely on shipment data.

The evergreen Nintendo games sell well - but not well enough to keep somewhat important releases outside of the Top 10.

Though this might change for the 2nd half of the year.
Well yes, they cover new releases, which will often slowly or speedily move out of the top 10, which is why top 20 is so nice because we'll still be able to see how it's performing and if the legs are fine. I really mean the long term and how having a wider list gives more information to talk about. A top 10 of mostly the same games will get stale, and right now, Nintendo is dominating with their evergreens with another around the corner.

I agree - more data is always better and Top 20 would be much better.
But lets be honest - sales drop quite a bit after the Top 10 and every release the majority is looking forward will likely make it into the top 10.

You are worried about the Top 10 being a Nintendo only thing ? Lets be honest after this summer the Top 20 will be most likely Nintendo dominated as well. The big PS4 releases usually have their nice first week...but drop of fast after that with short legs.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Actually the end of an era. It's not the worst as long as Famitsu/Dengeki still provide theirs, but it's still really bad.