• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
My guess is that Nintendo will met their full fiscal year forecast for software with just the first 3 quarters (100M).

I also think that something similar might happen with their operating income forecast...

I'm curious to see their target fir next fiscal year. For sur they will have to go for more than 20M. I expect then to hit 25M next year.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Golden Week is going to get very crowded I'm sure.
And Nintendo hasn't announced anything yet. I know people are expecting Fire Emblem, but I don't see it releasing before May. Even if it does, doesn't change much. Golden Week calls for something bigger, that appeals to a wider audience than FE. Animal Crossing would fit the bill, but I highly doubt this one is even a H1 2019 release.

Nintendo Direct is coming, we'll know if they have anything for GW at all pretty soon.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
And Nintendo hasn't announced anything yet. I know people are expecting Fire Emblem, but I don't see it releasing before May. Even if it does, doesn't change much. Golden Week calls for something bigger, that appeals to a wider audience than FE. Animal Crossing would fit the bill, but I highly doubt this one is even a H1 2019 release.

Nintendo Direct is coming, we'll know if they have anything for GW at all pretty soon.

Fire Emblem is a big game. Fates did 350k+ FW. Sure, it doesn't rely on an heterogenous audience but it's still a big franchise.

Last year, Nintendo had Donkey Kong which did below 100k FW. In 2016, Nintendo released Kirby: Planet Robobot, 153k FW.

I think Switch has many games a wider audience can choose from during Golden Week, especially considering the launch of New Super Mario Bros. and Yoshi.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This feels like a very weird take. Partly because we're talking days before May which in itself is a very arbitrary time limitation. Then that FE somehow isn't big enough, when we've had smaller releases as late as last year in a Donkey Kong port and Fire Emblem itself has released in a similair time period in the past.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how Onimusha will do, apparently it was a pretty big title back in the day in Japan. Wikipedia says Onimusha 2 sold over 1 million units, for instance. It's not digital only in Japan, is it?

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
New Dragon Ball game announced at the end of the month. Fortunately Bamco is done with the "double-dipper" strategy on Switch.

I'd be careful about that one. It wouldn't surprise me if they go for that World Seeker/Jump Force level visuals with UE4 filled with modern effects... And those don't really come to Switch for now. I'm not 100% sure it's coming.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
I wonder how Onimusha will do, apparently it was a pretty big title back in the day in Japan. Wikipedia says Onimusha 2 sold over 1 million units, for instance. It's not digital only in Japan, is it?

Already released and left the charts.
It's at the 45th spot for PS4 SKU if you look at the op, opened at something 25k PS4 10k Switch and will end up below 100k combined LTD
It's really a low effort remaster of a 15y old single player game whose IP has been dormant for more than a decade, so not much more was expected.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Wii had 229.86 million LTD in its eight quarter and Switch stands at 111.1 million. Fastest console software sales in history would mean 118.76 million in Q3 alone. Can this be right? The Wii record is 85.33 million for a single quarter. He must mean something else by 'fastest' I guess. The goal was 100 million for the entire fiscal year.
Maybe they are including digital-only sales as well?
It already released in December.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Already released and left the charts.
It's at the 45th spot for PS4 SKU if you look at the op, opened at something 25k PS4 10k Switch and will end up below 100k combined LTD
It's really a low effort remaster of a 15y old single player game whose IP has been dormant for more than a decade, so not much more was expected.
It already released in December.
Oh. That sucks.

RE2 should do much better, probably better than 7.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
When is Yoshi hitting Japan?

March 29th, like the rest of the world. Nintendo Labo has been the only non-simultaneous release on Switch so far.

This feels like a very weird take. Partly because we're talking days before May which in itself is a very arbitrary time limitation. Then that FE somehow isn't big enough, when we've had smaller releases as late as last year in a Donkey Kong port and Fire Emblem itself has released in a similair time period in the past.

I fail to see how that "take" is weird. When I say "Golden Week", I mean released in time for it, not just the week itself. This year's GW is going to be something else, there's literally a fully week of non-stop public holidays.

And I didn't say that FE wasn't "big enough". I wrote that Nintendo needed "something bigger, that appeals to a wider audience". I'm thinking of something along the lines of Tomodachi Life or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Basically, the Super Mario Party of Golden Week 2019, if you want (+1m LTD). Of course, it's possible Nintendo will just decide that their current line-up is enough and GW doesn't need an additional game.

And that's not the reason I'm not expecting FE in April, just a gut feeling i've already mentioned quite a few times in this very thread.

Jan 1, 2018
I wrote that Nintendo needed "something bigger, that appeals to a wider audience". I'm thinking of something along the lines of Tomodachi Life or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Basically, the Super Mario Party of Golden Week 2019, if you want (+1m LTD). Of course, it's possible Nintendo will just decide that their current line-up is enough and GW doesn't need an additional game.

I'm hoping they'll launch labo 4 for golden week. Make it a variety kit style kit, with more interaction and themeing, I think it could still do well.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Switch more than 100% up compared to same week last year. NSMB more than 150k, pretty nice after all.

Sub 20k for PS4

Myriotes

Jan 30, 2018
Germany
Users Predictions: 8 Million war! Switch and PS4 in Japan

NpaenjC.png

ZanyMajesticCuckoo-size_restricted.gif

ElementaryPersonalIndianringneckparakeet-size_restricted.gif

Write yours predictions like this please :)
Your name: NSW - weeks - numbers
Your name: PS4 - weeks - numbers

THX :)

Source: gamedatalibrary

NDS: 77 weeks

3DS: 90 weeks

GBA: 96 weeks

PS2: 115 weeks

WII: 125 weeks

PS1: 147 weeks

PSP: 167 weeks

PS3: 289 weeks

NSW: 97 weeks - 7.115.244
PS4: 256 weeks - 7.684.080

myriotes: NSW - 112 weeks - 8.015.244
myriotes: PS4 - 272 weeks - 8.004.080

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

NpaenjC.png

NSW: 97 weeks - 7.115.244
PS4: 256 weeks - 7.684.080
Zedark: NSW - 112 weeks - 8.030.000
Zedark: PS4 - 270 weeks 8.008.000

Edit: Oops, accidental bump

Tito

Oct 28, 2017

NpaenjC.png