• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Ace Attorney anime is getting a second season, debuting in October. Makes sense since S1 was popula enough, and Capcom did say the AA series was coming to Switch this year, and it's been 2 years since AA6 (and Season 1 of the anime), so I guess they're going for the game + anime combo again.

http://www.ytv.co.jp/animegyakuten/news/

mainvisual.jpg

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
New games this week (retail):

[PSV] Flowers: Le volume sur hiver - March 16
[PS4] Attack on Titan 2 - March 15
[NSW] Attack on Titan 2 - March 15
[PSV] Attack on Titan 2 - March 15
[PS4] Gal Gun 2 - March 15
[NSW] Gal Gun 2 - March 15
[PS4] The Silver 2425 (kill the past x kill the life) - March 15
[PS4] Winning Post 8 2018 - March 15
[NSW] Winning Post 8 2018 - March 15
[PSV] Winning Post 8 2018 - March 15
[PS4] Devil May Cry HD Collection - March 15

DYO3GZiWsAAgOmg.jpg

[3DS] Future Card Buddy Fight: Tanjou! Oretachi no Saikyou Body! - March 15
[3DS] Akogare Girls Collection: Wan Nyan Doubutsu Byouin - Pet no Oisha-san ni Narou! - March 15

DYSeO-_V4AEuRvz.jpg

[NSW] Kirby Star Allies - March 16

DYUaGRRVwAIiZ66.jpg

[PS4] Burnout Paradise Remastered - March 16

DYSs1XjU0AA2Qh8.jpg

Bakuchou Bar Hunter + Bakuchou Bar Rod - March 17

tumblr_p2legwlpRA1s2z1y6o1_540.jpg

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/169729220904

Last edited:

vala

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe its the lack of voice acting.
I think the game was mid budget, that would explain the forecast of only 390K before the end of March 2007. The game was released on April 20, 2006 in Japan
Being cel-shaded, low poly, no voices and no FMV helped.
Also mid-size team and little amount spent on marketing and ads
For example, Onimusha 3 opening movie took 2 years to make with over 100 people working on it.
I remember Inafune saying that the amount of money spent on the FMV was similar to the development costs. lol
But surely it must have sold below expectations because i think thats the last one before Capcom disbanded Clover and fired Kamiya
Clover staff new company (Seeds) was founded in August of 2006 (source), that was before the release of the american version. (September 19, 2006)
According to Kamiya "the dissolution of Clover had nothing to do with Okami poor sales. Rather, producer Atsushi Inaba had an argument with Capcom management." (source: Kotaku article, which is gone now, but i wrote about it here, back in 2007)
Also from Kamiya: "I actually felt a little bad for leaving. Because Capcom tried to stop me leaving and joining my other partners" (source)

Oct 25, 2017
It's quite strange, people always rant about this game bombing, yet it's actually a rather big seller, especially for the limited scope in terms of development budget it must have had.

There's probably a reason Capcom keeps rereleasing this game, and it's not because it's sold badly.
Wasn't Okami a massive 40-50 hour game? I imagine it's sold decently since...since it's on 7 platforms

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
After the MHXX reveal and MHW being revealed for PC/PS4/XBO (and not NSW), I truly give that leak the benefit of the doubt. Besides, they actually did implement a huge lot of quality of life changes to MHW, for which I can totally see the west be the main reason. Yes, the timer and stuff is still in the game, but this is such a simple feature that developers probably decided to include in the end after playing sessions and maybe even direct player feedback. It's not something that takes ages to implement or ditch. I'm actually glad that there's no sign of a Switch MH game yet, because that would mean they would've pulled a Capcom(...) twice in a single year. Capcom doesn't need a Switch MH game yet, because MHW is a success and they're still actively supporting it. I don't think the current situation is something you can reject that leak's validity for.

And regarding that guesstimation thing, the chance was almost zero. People were laughing at the leak for two reasons: a) Capcom had said that they weren't planning a G version for MHX, and b) shifting from 3DS to PS4 (and thus console) was laughable, because the series has traditionally done much better on handheld and the PS4 was in a bad shape - especially in Japan, where 90%+ of the MH fanbase was. So to put it off as a guesstimation can be considered a strong insult to the leaker; anyone with a sane mind wouldn't have guesstimate-leaked that.
Why would anyone be insulted if people are saying that there might be a chance that some of those points are guesstimates? Especially when 6 out of 8 points mentioned are either unconfirmed nor being spot on. I'm only talking about certain points about that rumor just to make that clear. The first point about MHXX is spot on, that we know and we can easily verify that, but its not like you need to be insane to come of with the idea that Sony might have payed for exclusivity and that the Switch will get a Monster Hunter game. And i dont think it makes much sense for Sony to pay Capcom to keep MHW off the Switch if Capcom is just going to make an exclusive MH game for the Switch anyway. I feel that this kinda contradicts with the points that Sony is desperate for Japan and that the contract strictly forbids a Switch release. That seems like a waste of money from Sony's side, at least in my opinion. Of course, the rumor doesnt say anything about when the potential MH Switch game should be released, but if Capcom and Sony has such strict contract, i find it a bit hard to believe that Capcom is already planning a Switch release of another MH game instead. Those are the biggest reasons why i think that some of the points could be guesstimates. Do you think this is too far fetched?

I really doubt that anyone feel strongly insulted by this, that would make very little sense to me at least, but if someone feel insulted by this, then please me exactly why and i can apologize for this. I'm serious. But people doubt rumors all the time, so i cant be sorry about that. Sorry if my post comes of as me being a bit blunt, but i feel a bit insulted to say that i could have strongly insulted people just for doubting some rumors :P But maybe theres some misunderstanding here

That said, the part about MHXX is spot on, so i can see if people give the other points more weight as well. I actually agree with that. And just to be clear, i wasnt saying that those parts arent true, because they might be true for all that we know. We cant verify this either way. My main point here was just to say that these things are rumors, and since they're still unconfirmed and shouldnt be taken as facts. We cant confirm where the rumors come from, if its from an actual insider with ties to Capcom or if several of points are guesstimates.

Yeah, i mentioned that the timer thing could have changed during developement, the same goes with the title of "MH5", so that is fair. I dont think the "combat is being changed to accomedate for the west" is referring to the quality of life changes, especially when they also mention that the Switch would get an own version that keeps the old mechanics. What would those changes be in that case? Honest question.

In the case of MvC:I (Marvel vs Capcom: Infinity)

Source

So, I guess I'm assuming shit now, test_account? If ShockingAlberto from old country can infer a clear sense of NO from the producer of the game, from the producer laughing. Furthermore, this was with a interview that lasted 45 minutes and ShockingAlberto played the game after the interview, so it couldn't had have been a "sensible_chuckle.gif moment. Also, the Switch was already released during the time of the interview, so why would the port would be "unannounced"?
Theres no need for that attitude. You're misunderstanding my post. I know about that source, that is the senario i was thinking about in my previous post, but thanks for posting it anyway :) What you're assuming is that they're laughing and make fun of the Switch in a bad way. When he laughed at the question, that might not be because that he "hates" the Switch or try to make fun of it, it could be for other reasons, those that i mentioned. It could easily have been a sensible_chuckle.gif moment if he laugh at the one question because he expected it to come. Theres a chance that this is what happend, and if thats the case, then this has nothing specifically to do with neither Nintendo or the Switch in that regards. This is a part of a longer interview, and this part/question lasted for maybe a few seconds.

Also, the Switch was already released during the time of the interview, so why would the port would be "unannounced"?
The port is unannounced because Capcom hasnt planned on releasing Marvel VS Capcom Infinte on the Switch, especially not at the time when that interview took place. Asking a guy during an interview when a game isnt announced for a certain platform wont give any other reply than "no" or "sorry, we have nothing to announce at this point".

EDIT: I added some text.

Last edited:

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
I know I mostly only care about Vita sales so I shouldn't be surprised by this given that NIS have released a tonne of < 10k games on the handheld, but it's still just weird to see this. They seem to be stuck in this rut of not wanting to gamble on making bigger titles so they end up making these small indie games that bomb and I don't understand why - they were at their biggest when they were making loads of SRPGs and dominating that market, now they're basically Disgaea and flop after flop.

So 2 years ago this would've been a Vita-only game and maybe sold ~5k. They've added two extra platforms and boosted that up to ~8k. Maybe they need to release the next game across 3DS; XB1; Steam; WiiU; PSP; PS3 etc. and they'll hit decent sales.

Oh well, "the west will save it!"

the ps2 was the dream machine. it lasted forever and allowed a fairly even playing field for those who couldn't really compete at the higher level. after that, nis's market split in a way that was a bit hard for them to work in, but they tried their best. psp became a second home to their ps2 games and they tried their hand at inexpensive stuff, but they wound up having to focus on bigger-budget titles for ps3. this thinking eventually led them to believe they needed to make the next big franchise on ps3, so that's when they started putting serious money (for them) behind the witch and the hundred knight, the guided fate paradox, and makai wars (at the time).

that strategy was dangerous, as only the witch and the hundred knight did well, but that was after years of promotion and name recognition. plus, talent had left to other companies around that time, and nis needed to figure out who could cut it. so they began their internal indies program, which originally turned out the firefly diary. this was a surprise hit in japan, and it led to a continuation of the philosophy. their lower-budget focus allows them lower risk and chance for higher reward. liar princess and the blind prince is the director of the firefly diary getting better and better, yomawari was a surprise hit and now franchise, and labyrinth of refrain was a runaway success (though probably not at an indie level considering harada and sato being involved). and then you have stuff like penny punching princess and longest five minutes too, which probably didn't take much of a hit if they did at all. those are games made with the modern japanese game market in mind.

but that's just the retail market. nis is into mobile as well, and apparently they've been doing well. at least, it doesn't seem like all of their profit is coming from the west anymore.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
And i dont think it makes much sense for Sony to pay Capcom to keep MHW off the Switch if Capcom is just going to make an exclusive MH game for the Switch anyway. I feel that this kinda contradicts with the points that Sony is desperate for Japan and that the contract strictly forbids a Switch release. That seems like a waste of money from Sony's side, at least in my opinion. Of course, the rumor doesnt say anything about when the potential MH Switch game should be released, but if Capcom and Sony has such strict contract, i find it a bit hard to believe that Capcom is already planning a Switch release of another MH game instead. Those are the biggest reasons why i think that some of the points could be guesstimates. Do you think this is too far fetched?

I don't think that there's some kind of contract explicitly forbidding MHW on Switch. I think the contract is for exclusivity of the game in Asia, making a port to the Switch a (way) less lucrative proposition, having the same result in the end.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think there is such a deal or deals. No PC/Xbox in Japan and China speaks to such a thing. And again, historically Capcom does release Xbox versions in Japan when they exist. It is weird that they haven't here. It is either just a weird standalone decision in this regard, signs of a new release strategy in Japan going forward, or a deal with Sony about Japan. Similarly, the Chinese translation being exclusive to PS4 when PC is big in China speaks to some sort of deal, perhaps surrounding translation help.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if we will see more VNs on consoles. The PC market is shrinking. On the other hand lots of VN devs are so entrenched in adult content it's hard for them to transition. At the very least I expect the top dogs to jump ship, seeing how success .5dp and Aquaplus have been.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Should we tell them that title doesn't mean anything in French?

That would be an endless task, the amount of incorrect french is staggering there.

I guess they care more about the way it sounds lol

I'm not even sure what they mean. "The one that takes place in winter" basically?

No.
It doesn't mean anything, litteraly.
Volume has different meanings: "sound level","quantity", or in case of books the way you would count books in a series, for example book 1 would be Volume 1
"Sur Hiver" has no sense whatsoever, unless hiver is someone or something "Volume" is sitting on

Maybe they wanted to say "Le son de l'hiver" (Winter's sound) if I had to hazard a guess, or rather "Le volume de l'hiver" since it's a visual novel, it sounds a bit odd but would be grammaticaly correct

Last edited:

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That would be an endless task, the amount of incorrect french is staggering there.

No.
It doesn't mean anything, litteraly.
Volume has two different meanings: "sound level" and "quantity"
"Sur Hiver" has no sense whatsoever, unless hiver is someone or something "Volume" is sitting on

Maybe they wanted to say "Le son de l'hiver" (Winter's sound) if I had to hazard a guess

Like in English, "volume" can also be used in reference to a continuing story, like Kill Bill. Maybe they wanted to say that this part of the story is about winter? Like "Winter volume"?

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
21./22. [NSW] Pokken Tournament DX <FTG> (Pokemon Co.) {2017.09.22} (¥5.980)
22./00. [PS4] Your Four Knight Princesses Training Story <RPG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2018.03.08} (¥6.980)
23./14. [PS4] Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2018.02.08} (¥8.200)
24./00. [PSV] Fortissimo # <ADV> (5pb.) {2018.03.08} (¥6.300)
25./26. [PS4] Call of Duty: WWII # <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2017.11.03} (¥7.900)
26./00. [NSW] Your Four Knight Princesses Training Story <RPG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2018.03.08} (¥6.980)
27./24. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo <ETC> (Nintendo) {2016.11.23} (¥2.700)
28./00. [PSV] Your Four Knight Princesses Training Story <RPG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2018.03.08} (¥5.980)
29./27. [3DS] Kirby Battle Royale <ACT> (Nintendo) {2017.11.30} (¥4.980)
30./21. [PS4] Dragon Ball FighterZ <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2018.02.01} (¥7.600)
31./25. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters 2: Hihou Legend Banbarayaa - Sword / Magnum <ACT> (Level 5) {2017.12.16} (¥4.800)
32./19. [NSW] Bayonetta 2 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2018.02.17} (¥5.980)
33./00. [PSV] Lucky Dog 1 <ADV> (Prototype) {2018.03.08} (¥5.800)
34./30. [NSW] Snipperclips Plus: Cut it Out, Together! <PZL> (Nintendo) {2017.11.10} (¥3.280)
35./23. [PS4] Seiken Densetsu 2: Secret of Mana # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2018.02.15} (¥4.800)
36./29. [NSW] Monster Hunter Double Cross: Nintendo Switch Ver. # <ACT> (Capcom) {2017.08.25} (¥5.800)
37./32. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2015.10.08} (¥4.990)
38./17. [PS4] Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal # <ACT> (Marvelous) {2018.02.22} (¥6.980)
39./31. [NSW] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim <The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim \ The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard \ The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire \ The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn> <RPG> (Bethesda Softworks) {2018.02.01} (¥6.980)
40./34. [3DS] Monster Hunter Double Cross [Best Price!] <ACT> (Capcom) {2017.11.30} (¥3.990)
41./48. [PS4] FIFA 18 # <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (¥7.800)
42./36. [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 # <RPG> (Nintendo) {2017.12.01} (¥7.980)
43./33. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition # <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.03.19} (¥2.400)
44./35. [PS4] Dragon's Crown Pro # <ACT> (Atlus) {2018.02.08} (¥7.980)
45./38. [NSW] FIFA 18 <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (¥5.800)
46./41. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.571)
47./44. [3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon Veteran Trainer's Dual Pack {Pokemon Ultra Sun \ Pokemon Ultra Moon} <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2017.11.17} (¥9.960)
48./43. [NSW] Sumikko Gurashi: Sumikko Park e Youkoso <ETC> (Nippon Columbia) {2017.12.07} (¥5.800)
49./50. [PS4] Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.12.03} (¥2.400)
50./00. [PS4] Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two: The Telltale Series <ADV> (3goo) {2018.03.08} (¥2.980)

Top 50

PS4 - 19
NSW - 18
3DS - 9
PSV - 4

SOFTWARE
Code:
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+
|System |  This Week |  Last Week |  Last Year |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
|  ALL  |    429.000 |    356.000 |    538.000 |  6.647.000 |  5.711.000 |

BishopLamont

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Doom and Wolfenstein 2 are two AAA games from the West. DQ11 is like the only AAA Japanese third party game coming to Switch?

KH3 and Monster Hunter World not coming to Switch when those versions would probably sell 3m+ is a not great sign for Japanese AAA support. Though hopefully Shadows Die Twice and Resident Evil 2 come to Switch.
and jp AAA games, which would probably have more of a chance to sell than western ones
japan aaa support isn't technically power-hungry in the same way most western aaa games are, which is the only thing that stops switch from getting a version with future support imo

kh3 has a chance to come to the switch, it really depends on whether se feels comfortable enough to do it, technically i dont see why it cant be done, barring any exclusivity deals by sony, i think kh3 will come to the switch, i can see it selling more than ps4 if it's released same day and date

mhw is probably one game that isn't technically feasible on the switch but then i believe switch will get its own game based heavily off mhw groundwork

i cant think of any aaa japanese games that cant be done on the switch, like many have already pointed out, switch support takes time since recent/near future projects have been under development before the switch existed but the bigger reason would be developer's hesitant on switch's fate due to the wii u's performance

as the switch quickly builds up its userbase, theres no reason not to support it the same way developers support other platforms, they'll be just leaving money on the table at that point

we live in a multiplatform world, one where indies are increasingly becoming a major force, id be worried for switch's future if they didn't exist in their current state

nintendo should be happy with just rebuilding their image into a modern one rather than the "kiddy-underpowered" image they've been tainted with for so long, they should be happy with a much more healthy ecosystem for third parties domestically and abroad, one where the core games dominate rather than the casual stuff

switch 2 should be when they start thinking about technically competing with sony/ms again, since they'll have everything going for them by that point in terms of image, third party support/confidence, sales etc. etc.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Nintendo eShop Sales: March 8th to March 14th 2018

Nintendo eShop – Nintendo Switch

01./New – Golf Story (Flyhigh Works) [09.3.2018]
02./01. – Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Mojang) [12.5.2017]
03./New – Kirby Star Allies (Nintendo) [16.3.2018]
04./04. – Stardew Valley (Chucklefish) [12.1.2018]
05./New – Handy Mahjong (ITL) [08.3.2018]
06./05. – Overcooked: Special Edition (Team17) [12.10.2017]
07./07. – Splatoon 2 (Nintendo) [21.7.2017]
08./08. – Human: Fall Flat (Teyon Japan) [28.12.2017]
09./03. – Detention (PLAYISM) [01.3.2018]
10./02. – Dragon Quest Builders (Square-Enix) [01.3.2018]
11./09. – Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) [28.4.2017]
12./New – Oshaberi Horijo (Clouds Play Company)
13./10. – Super Bomberman R (Konami) [03.3.2017] (currently on sale)
14./New – Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (Koei-Tecmo) [22.3.2018] (launch discount)
15./11. – Arcade Archives VS. Super Mario Bros. (Hamster) [22.12.2017]
16./06. – Bayonetta (Nintendo) [17.2.2018]
17./14. – Snipperclips Plus: Cut it out, together! (Nintendo) [10.11.2017]
18./New – Anata no Shikihime Kyouikutan (Nippon Ichi Software) [08.3.2018]
19./16. – The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo) [03.3.2017]
20./18. – Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo) [27.10.2017]

Nintendo eShop – Nintendo 3DS

01./01. – Pokémon Crystal Version (Nintendo) [26.1.2018]
02./02. – The Battle Cats POP (Ponos) [31.5.2015]
03./03. – Ice Station Z (Wobbly Tooth) [05.4.2017]
04./04. – BattleminerZ (Wobbly Tooth) [17.1.2018]
05./05. – Minecraft: New Nintendo 3DS Edition (Microsoft Japan) [14.9.2017]
06./06. – Bike Rider DX (Spicysoft) [26.12.2012]
07./New – Detective Pikachu (The Pokémon Company) [23.3.2018]
08./00. – Symphony of Eternity (Kemco) [06.9.2017] (currently on sale)
09./07. – Dragon Quest III (Square-Enix) [24.8.2017]
10./00. – Chronus Arc (Kemco) [19.8.2015] (currently on sale)

Nintendo eShop – Wii U

01./02. – Cube Life: Pixel Action Heroes (Teyon Japan) [09.8.2017]
02./03. – Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Microsoft) [17.12.2015]
03./01. – Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! / Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training: How Old Is Your Brain? (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [05.8.2015]
04./08. – Super Mario 64 (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [08.4.2015]
05./04. – Kirby Super Star (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [01.5.2013]
06./05. – Earthbound (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [27.4.2013]
07./10. – Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [14.5.2014]
08./06. – Kirby's Return to Dream Land / Kirby's Adventure Wii (Nintendo, Wii Download) [28.1.2015]
09./00. – Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo) [06.12.2014]
10./00. – Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [02.9.2015]

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/9009c27f-259a-11e8-a129-063b7ac45a6d.html

Last edited:

鬼作.

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if we will see more VNs on consoles. The PC market is shrinking. On the other hand lots of VN devs are so entrenched in adult content it's hard for them to transition. At the very least I expect the top dogs to jump ship, seeing how success .5dp and Aquaplus have been.
The "top dogs" are the likes of Yuzusoft, Clochette and Alicesoft who wouldn't be top dogs without adult content.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
japan aaa support isn't technically power-hungry in the same way most western aaa games are, which is the only thing that stops switch from getting a version with future support imo

kh3 has a chance to come to the switch, it really depends on whether se feels comfortable enough to do it, technically i dont see why it cant be done, barring any exclusivity deals by sony, i think kh3 will come to the switch, i can see it selling more than ps4 if it's released same day and date

mhw is probably one game that isn't technically feasible on the switch but then i believe switch will get its own game based heavily off mhw groundwork

i cant think of any aaa japanese games that cant be done on the switch, like many have already pointed out, switch support takes time since recent/near future projects have been under development before the switch existed but the bigger reason would be developer's hesitant on switch's fate due to the wii u's performance

as the switch quickly builds up its userbase, theres no reason not to support it the same way developers support other platforms, they'll be just leaving money on the table at that point

we live in a multiplatform world, one where indies are increasingly becoming a major force, id be worried for switch's future if they didn't exist in their current state

nintendo should be happy with just rebuilding their image into a modern one rather than the "kiddy-underpowered" image they've been tainted with for so long, they should be happy with a much more healthy ecosystem for third parties domestically and abroad, one where the core games dominate rather than the casual stuff

switch 2 should be when they start thinking about technically competing with sony/ms again, since they'll have everything going for them by that point in terms of image, third party support/confidence, sales etc. etc.

A lot of Switch owners are 'casual gamers', just not in the same way as the Wii era. And Switch is called "kiddy-underpowered" in 'hardcore' circles.

As for Nintendo "technically competing with Sony/MS again", that isn't going to happened since the Wii and now the Switch shows that you can take the market without being a powerhouse. The Wii U had a lot of problems and being underpowered was the less of them.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017

first I think there's no way a kh3 would do better on switch even if day and date.

but to the older point, I still don't think kh3 would even run well on it. But maybe I'm alone in thinking kh3 looks pretty dang good. It's a step above DQ11 for me, and we haven't seen that yet to compare. But wasn't dq11 shaky on the regular ps4. Like 900p and unstable 30 fps?

for other aaa jp games, you said you couldn't think of any, but all future mainline FF and MHW, KH, and RE games would be too much, unless it was a spinoff. That's pretty much the main market there.
It could run Persona though.

I think prioritizing indies is a good move, especially in a world where they can sell as much as a AAA port and more. If not already, they'll probably be HW movers soon.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy

It's pretty amazing to see so many Western indie developers succeeding on the Switch eShop. Interestingly, many of those games are also quite inspired by Japanese games.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Japan embracing Golf Story... Very nice to see and obviously more than deserved. What a Success Story.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The "top dogs" are the likes of Yuzusoft, Clochette and Alicesoft who wouldn't be top dogs without adult content.
But if August can do it, I don't see why Yuzusoft and Clochette can't at least port something to console to test the water. Most of their products look pretty standard to me. Alicesoft would be hard, but with the end of Rance, it might be a good time for them to try something new. I definitely think they should start thinking about the future.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
But if August can do it, I don't see why Yuzusoft and Clochette can't at least port something to console to test the water. Most of their products look pretty standard to me. Alicesoft would be hard, but with the end of Rance, it might be a good time for them to try something new. I definitely think they should start thinking about the future.
tbf Alicesoft games are kinda tasteless without "those" scenes

鬼作.

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
August is frantically trying (and currently failing) to get into the mobile business, their focus is not consoles, I'm pretty sure their handheld ports weren't exactly incredibly successful and nobody buys their games for the ero anyway. Sure, those companies can "test the water", but in general there is no future for a successful eroge company on a platform they can't sell eroge on.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Full Top 20 for Switch eShop:

11./09. – Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) [28.4.2017]
12./New – Oshaberi Horijo (Clouds Play Company)
13./10. – Super Bomberman R (Konami) [03.3.2017] (currently on sale)
14./New – Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (Koei-Tecmo) [22.3.2018] (launch discount)
15./11. – Arcade Archives VS. Super Mario Bros. (Hamster) [22.12.2017]
16./06. – Bayonetta (Nintendo) [17.2.2018]
17./14. – Snipperclips Plus: Cut it out, together! (Nintendo) [10.11.2017]
18./New – Anata no Shikihime Kyouikutan (Nippon Ichi Software) [08.3.2018]
19./16. – The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo) [03.3.2017]
20./18. – Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo) [27.10.2017]

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Does Media Create only track physical sales or digital as well? should be interesting to see the kirby numbers next week

hiska-kun

Oct 26, 2017
First Day Sell-through {2018.03.15}

[PS4] [NSW] [PSV] Attack on Titan 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) - 40% there isn't much difference in units sold between versions

[PS4] [PSV] [NSW] Winning Post 8 2018 <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) - 40% in this case there is difference between versions

[PS4] Devil May Cry HD Collection # <ACT> (Capcom) (¥3.990) - 20%

[3DS] Future Card Buddy Fight: Tanjou! Oretachi no Saikyou Body! <TBL> (FuRyu) (¥5.980) - 20%