• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

v2_0

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not everything need disruptive sequels.

Sure MHW is one of the example where it succeed. There is also Toukiden 2 which flopped for trying to do too much.

Some game like NSMB and Kirby is the example of game that exist to target those casual audience who enjoy the slow and relaxing vibe the game provides. Suddenly moving to 3D plan for innovating would allienated all those old fans.
Not every sequel needs to be disruptive but in the long term every series needs to evolve and shake things up or its formula becomes dull. Look at Dynasty Warriors : they had to try something new because sales were steadily declining. It didn't work but that series for sure needs a big change. Speaking of NSMB that's a very good example as well, and so is DKC probably. DKC Wii and especially NSMB Wii were certainly huge system sellers for the Wii because they were great returns on consoles for these series and NSMB Wii added the 4 players coop mode as a strong novelty as well. Then NSMB U and DKC TF released and they were a non event and didn't really move hardware sales at all because obviously they were way too safe in their concept and didn't add anything really new, despite their otherwise great quality.

The novelty aspect is fundamental for series to survive in the long run and even more for a well known series to stay relevant as a system seller which is specifically what I'm talking about here. That's even more important for casual gamers that appreciate originality and innovation way more than the very conservative hardcore crew. Just like NSMBU which is even a much bigger series, Kirby is not innovative enough imo to make casuals to care enough for this game to suddenly want to buy a Switch. And there is a ton of other Kirby games that they can buy on 3DS that play almost the same. I'm not saying that they have to make Kirby in a 3D environnement though and really they could just keep Kirby concept intact. The problem is not Kirby not being a system seller, the problem is that Nintendo has nothing else besides potentially Labo this half of the year to sell Switch units.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Is Devil May Cry counted?
It crossed my mind, but I'm not sure, it usually get called a character action game, not really sure why this particular distinction was made years ago, but I imagine that they are more twitch-y, and generally have command dialing like fighting games, focusing more on precision than old school brawlers?

Kind of funny to think of a 3D Kirby as the same genre as GoW, Bayonetta, and DMC.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not every sequel needs to be disruptive but in the long term every series needs to evolve and shake things up or its formula becomes dull. Look at Dynasty Warriors : they had to try something new because sales were steadily declining. It didn't work but that series for sure needs a big change. Speaking of NSMB that's a very good example as well, and so is DKC probably. DKC Wii and especially NSMB Wii were certainly huge system sellers for the Wii because they were great returns on consoles for these series and NSMB Wii added the 4 players coop mode as a strong novelty as well. Then NSMB U and DKC TF released and they were a non event and didn't really move hardware sales at all because obviously they were way too safe in their concept and didn't add anything really new, despite their otherwise great quality.

The novelty aspect is fundamental for series to survive in the long run and even more for a well known series to stay relevant as a system seller which is specifically what I'm talking about here. That's even more important for casual gamers that appreciate originality and innovation way more than the very conservative hardcore crew. Just like NSMBU which is even a much bigger series, Kirby is not innovative enough imo to make casuals to care enough for this game to suddenly want to buy a Switch. And there is a ton of other Kirby games that they can buy on 3DS that play almost the same. I'm not saying that they have to make Kirby in a 3D environnement though and really they could just keep Kirby concept intact. The problem is not Kirby not being a system seller, the problem is that Nintendo has nothing else besides potentially Labo this half of the year to sell Switch units.

You use DW which is again another example of how bad disruptive change can bring. DW6 and 9 try to change Musou into something it should not be. The only thing Koei had after that is how DW IP is tarnished with even more decline coming.

NSMBU and DKTF had simple problem of it is released on Wii U. Wii U is such an undesirable product that it cause many of its popular and evergreen title to underperform. If it is released on Switch, it will do much better.

The way u are talking on how Kirby need novelty to sell more to the casual fans seems to make me think that you dont understand Kirby as an IP and its audience.

Kirby sold mostly to casual and family friendly audience. Kirby have stay alive for 26 by the virtue that it always pleased family friendly audience by making the game easy to understand and fun to play. And Kirby also have experienced some disruptive change which is Canvas Curse, Mass Attack and Rainbow Curse. And from what we see, the number does not back up that it is a sound decision.

The biggest problem that Kirby had is not casual audience. It is the hardcore gaming audience who seems to be on totally different wave length. So if Kirby is to expand its audience, it will need to come with formula which resonate with hardcore gamers which in HAL case, they dont seem to want to pursue at all.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I see a possible Kirby 3D with the structure of 3D World but Kirby has always been and will be ''My first platformer''. They can not do anything excessively complex or complicated.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I see a possible Kirby 3D with the structure of 3D World but Kirby has always been and will be ''My first platformer''. They can not do anything excessively complex or complicated.
I don't know, I've never really thought of Kirby as a platformer, the platforms are simply there to add layers to the level. Unless a person has never played a Kirby game before, and that person is on the very first level, and somehow does not figure out how to fly, there is no way to fall to death - which means it is not really a platformer.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You use DW which is again another example of how bad disruptive change can bring. DW6 and 9 try to change Musou into something it should not be. The only thing Koei had after that is how DW IP is tarnished with even more decline coming.

NSMBU and DKTF had simple problem of it is released on Wii U. Wii U is such an undesirable product that it cause many of its popular and evergreen title to underperform. If it is released on Switch, it will do much better.

The way u are talking on how Kirby need novelty to sell more to the casual fans seems to make me think that you dont understand Kirby as an IP and its audience.

Kirby sold mostly to casual and family friendly audience. Kirby have stay alive for 26 by the virtue that it always pleased family friendly audience by making the game easy to understand and fun to play. And Kirby also have experienced some disruptive change which is Canvas Curse, Mass Attack and Rainbow Curse. And from what we see, the number does not back up that it is a sound decision.

The biggest problem that Kirby had is not casual audience. It is the hardcore gaming audience who seems to be on totally different wave length. So if Kirby is to expand its audience, it will need to come with formula which resonate with hardcore gamers which in HAL case, they dont seem to want to pursue at all.
I think its fine what kirby offers. Its a unique type of game in todays gaming landscape. Not every game needs to be a fps.

v2_0

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Changes don't necessarily translate into better sales of course, if these changes are bad of course they won't help and could even worsen a situation, that's a given. But that doesn't change the fact that an IP that doesn't add new meaningful elements to its original formula won't last as well and the Dynasty Warriors IP is a good example of that as that decline started well before KT tried to change things in order to stop it.

And again I'm not saying that Kirby necessarily needs changes, I'm not even saying it needs to cater to another audience, of course not lol, I'm just saying that that IP has never been a big system seller and as the new one doesn't add anything groundbreaking there is little to no chance it will be different this time around and a strong system seller even for casual gamers.

Last edited:

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
So MK7's legs will be more impressive because it charted 6 years after release even if ends up selling millions fewer than Splatoon 2?

Yes. Would you say that Monster Hunter games have "ridiculous legs", because they sell in the millions but are somewhat front-loaded? There's not much data for Splatoon as a series yet, but it's a relatively safe assumption that Mario Kart in general will have longer legs and Splatoon will be more front-loaded. At least as it relates to Mario Kart 7, MK8 is in a new place for the series due to the two versions.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Would you say that Monster Hunter games have "ridiculous legs", because they sell in the millions but are somewhat front-loaded? There's not much data for Splatoon as a series yet, but it's a relatively safe assumption that Mario Kart in general will have longer legs and Splatoon will be more front-loaded. At least as it relates to Mario Kart 7, MK8 is in a new place for the series due to the two versions.

But Splatoon 2 is not really front loaded or did you miss the legs over the last couple of months? Splatoon is a phenomenon in Japan and it's being bought by around 50% of all new Switch owners every single week.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
But Splatoon 2 is not really front loaded or did you miss the legs over the last couple of months? Splatoon is a phenomenon in Japan and it's being bought by around 50% of all new Switch owners every single week.

I think the legs discussion needs to have some perspective for games with huge openings.

Xenoverse 2 Switch has shown great legs- but for my money Splatoon 2's legs are more impressive because its operating at such a higher level.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I mean of course Splatoon 2 has more impressive legs - but this was also expected. No one expected a late full price port like Xenoverse 2 to behave like this. So in that way both are impressive feats just for different reasons.

PS. I also dont quite get what the discussion about more impressive legs is about to prove xD

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think its fine what kirby offers. Its a unique type of game in todays gaming landscape. Not every game needs to be a fps.

This is my stands here. I mean, sure Kirby can try to change but right now it is a try and successful formula which cater toward a specific audience who is not satisfied by any other offerings. Unless, Kirby sales suddenly dropped hard in the future, i think continuing their current path with some spin off left and right is not a bad idea.

Changes don't necessarily translate into better sales of course, if these changes are bad of course they won't help and could even worsen a situation, that's a given. But that doesn't change the fact that an IP that doesn't add new meaningful elements to its original formula won't last as well and the Dynasty Warriors IP is a good example of that as that decline started well before KT tried to change things in order to stop it.

And again I'm not saying that Kirby necessarily needs changes, I'm not even saying it needs to cater to another audience, of course not lol, I'm just saying that that IP has never been a big system seller and as the new one doesn't add anything groundbreaking there is little to no chance it will be different this time around and a strong system seller even for casual gamers.

Considering how much budget level Kirby had been operating over all this years, i would said, reaching 1 million copies for almost all its release is not a bad figure there. And, i am not sure what you wanted to said here about, Kirby here. Kirby is not a huge system sellers thats for sure. Not all game need to be a system seller there. Some game benefit from the number of platform owners. Some games is big enough as an exclusive to pull owner into the platform ecosystem. Kirby will bring some female and casual audience however it is much smaller compared to the audience that Animal Crossing will bring there.

Again on K-T, DW. Koei already started the decline by doing some change with fans don't want like DW6 and now DW9. I am always on the believe that if you are not sure if the change is going to increase sales or not, it is better to follow the tried formula as at least, you are retaining all the old fans rather than going crazy only to hit huge decline on both newcomers and old fans.

v2_0

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is my stands here. I mean, sure Kirby can try to change but right now it is a try and successful formula which cater toward a specific audience who is not satisfied by any other offerings. Unless, Kirby sales suddenly dropped hard in the future, i think continuing their current path with some spin off left and right is not a bad idea.

Considering how much budget level Kirby had been operating over all this years, i would said, reaching 1 million copies for almost all its release is not a bad figure there. And, i am not sure what you wanted to said here about, Kirby here. Kirby is not a huge system sellers thats for sure. Not all game need to be a system seller there. Some game benefit from the number of platform owners. Some games is big enough as an exclusive to pull owner into the platform ecosystem. Kirby will bring some female and casual audience however it is much smaller compared to the audience that Animal Crossing will bring there.

Again on K-T, DW. Koei already started the decline by doing some change with fans don't want like DW6 and now DW9. I am always on the believe that if you are not sure if the change is going to increase sales or not, it is better to follow the tried formula as at least, you are retaining all the old fans rather than going crazy only to hit huge decline on both newcomers and old fans.
My point is simple: Switch sales in Japan are not that great all things considered and the lineup is really lacking any kind of sure killer apps, which Kirby is not, for the coming months to improve that situation.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
My point is simple: Switch sales in Japan are not that great all things considered and the lineup is really lacking any kind of sure killer apps, which Kirby is not, for the coming months to improve that situation.
so technically tomorrow mc numbers will show that whether this post being true or completely irrelevant lol
It crossed my mind, but I'm not sure, it usually get called a character action game, not really sure why this particular distinction was made years ago, but I imagine that they are more twitch-y, and generally have command dialing like fighting games, focusing more on precision than old school brawlers?

Kind of funny to think of a 3D Kirby as the same genre as GoW, Bayonetta, and DMC.
I actually think a 3D action kirby with simplistic combo-ish could work lol

v2_0

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
so technically tomorrow mc numbers will show that whether this post being true or completely irrelevant lol
Absolutely and I may very well be wrong, no problem about that we are here to speculate right? It will be interesting to see the hardware numbers of the Switch not only tomorrow but also in the coming weeks to see what kind of impact Kirby will have.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017

Considering it was supply constrained for nearly a year and considering its lineup since Odyssey has literally consisted of Xenoblade 2 and Mario+Rabbids, I think the current baseline is fine, especially considering starting with Kirby its getting a very consistent string of releases.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Switch hardware numbers have almost always been below the optimistic predictions in this thread. I'm not getting excited again just because of Kirby and the bundle. Being up WoW would be nice enough.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Great? Maybe not. Good? Sure. For such expensive machine, i think the current baseline is not that bad especially during slow moment. For whether Kirby will improve the baseline or not, i am betting that it will do increase the baseline for sure for this week number.

Labo is H1 big killer apps. Then, we will see what E3 will bring us.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Like North Star doesn't appear to attract new audience except old fans, legs for it will be short starting from second week drop.

Girls und Panzer had high sell-through and faced some supply problems at first week but it doesn't show that this limited its sales. It's disappearing fast from charts, those who wanted to buy it did it at launch.

Attack on Titan 2 is one of the same. Good word of mouth doesn't look to help its post launch sales, Musou fatigue is real.

More positive news tomorrow.

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Mario Kart 7 opened with 423K sales and is currently sitting around 2.8M, so its opening represents around 15% of the game's current total sales.
Splatoon opened with 144K sales and is currently sitting around 1.5M, so it's opening represents around 9% of the game's current total sales.
Splatoon 2 opened with 648K sales and is currently sitting 2.1M, so its opening so far represents around 30% of game's current total sales.

So you can't tell me that Splatoon is far more front-loaded, Splatoon on the Wii U already proved to have ridiculous legs on an unpopular hardware. A hardware that was pretty much left with subpar support and supply less than an year after Splatoon released. Still it's legs represent a larger percentage of total sales compared to MK7 which makes the notion of MK7 being less frontloaded laughable, MK7 simply benefited from being the biggest game year one on a handheld that ended up having a long life without a direct sequel.
When Splatoon 2 sells over >4.4M, the post launch sales would represented over 75% of it's total sales making it's legs more impressive than MK7. To me Splatoon 2 is going to be a top 10 selling game of all time in Japan and I have maintained that expectation since January of last year. Personally I envision the game ending up with over 6M sales if Splatoon 3 doesn't release before 2020.

Oct 25, 2017
It's doing pretty well for having no major releases in a few weeks.
I guess if the Kirby and Splatoon 2 bundle don't do much then it might be a problem. Though I think Kirby will only be reflected in 2 Days of sales?
Not sure. Splatoon even fewer

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Mario Kart 7 opened with 423K sales and is currently sitting around 2.8M, so its opening represents around 15% of the game's current total sales.
Splatoon 2 opened with 648K sales and is currently sitting 2.1M, so its opening so far represents around 30% of game's current total sales.

So you can't tell me that Splatoon is far more front-loaded, Splatoon on the Wii U already proved to have ridiculous legs on an unpopular hardware. A hardware that was pretty much left with subpar support and supply less than an year after Splatoon released. Still it's legs represent a larger percentage of total sales compared to MK7 which makes the notion of MK7 being less frontloaded laughable, MK7 simply benefited from being the biggest game year one on a handheld that ended up having a long life without a direct sequel.

Are you saying Mario Kart 8 didn't come out in summer 2014, 2 and half years after MK7? That's not a very long time for a MK sequel at all.

Splatoon on Wii U was an unknown quantity, of course it wasn't going to blow out the gate in the first week.

Mario Kart 7 and Splatoon 2 is what the whole comparison has been about, and it will take a long time before Splatoon 2 even has any chance of matching MK7 percentage wise, and an even longer time before it can claim the same kind of ridiculous charting endurance that MK7 had.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
What is even the point of this conversation? Splatoon 2 will outsell MK7 by a wide margin and will stay in the charts for years, at least until Splatoon 3 releases. Mario Kart 7 charted long after Mario Kart 8 released because it was still the most recent portable entry.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That Valkyrie Profile 4 Season Pass.

Looks like the West will be doing a lot of saving until October.

tumblr_oukxtkj2nw1rlheeoo1_500.gif

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
GEO's Ranking pre-orders, 2018 (March 12 - March 18)

company06.jpg

~ 1.200 stores

About ranking:
- N is the title that was not ranked in within last ranking.
- Games close to release date and games for which reservation reception has ended in Geo are not published in the ranking
- The ranking of the title is ranking by the total number including other models and bonus version.
- Hardware order of multi titles is in order of hardware release date.

01/01 [PS4] Super Robot Taisen X - March 29
01/01 [PSV] Super Robot Taisen X - March 29
02/08 [PS4] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2018 - April 26
02/08 [PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2018 - April 26
03/03 [PS4] Far Cry 5 - March 29
04/06 [NSW] Nintendo Labo Toy - Con 01: Variety Kit - April 20
04/06 [NSW] Nintendo Labo Toy - Con 02: Robot Kit - April 20
05/07 [PS4] God of War - April 20
06/09 [NSW] The Snack World: Trejarers Gold - April 12
07/10 [PS4] Utawarerumono: A Lullaby For Those Who Are Scattered - April 26
07/10 [PSV] Utawarerumono: A Lullaby For Those Who Are Scattered - April 26
08/11 [NSW] Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze - May 03
09/12 [PS4] The Caligula Effect: Overdose - May 17
10/13 [PS4] Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night - May 24
10/13 [PS4] Persona 5 Dancing Star Night - May 24
10/13 [PSV] Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night - May 24
10/13 [PSV] Persona 5 Dancing Star Night - May 24
11/14 [NSW] DARK SOULS REMASTERED - May 24
11/14 [PS4] DARK SOULS REMASTERED - May 24
12/16 [PS4] Fate / EXTELLA LINK - June 07
12/16 [PSV] Fate / EXTELLA LINK - June 07
13/17 [NSW] Mario Tennis Ace - June 22
14/18 [NSW] Octopath Traveler - July 13
15/20 [PS4] Shining Resonance Re:Frain - March 29
16/21 [PS4] Cities: Skyline PlayStation 4 Edition - April 12
17/22 [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II: Kai - March 26
18/15 [PS4] Detroit: Become Human - May 25
19/ N [NSW] BLAZBLUE: CROSS TAG BATTLE - May 31
19/ N [PS4] BLAZBLUE: CROSS TAG BATTLE - May 31
20/ N [NSW] Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido - June 08
20/ N [3DS] Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido - June 08

21/23 [NSW] STEINS; GATE ELITE - 2018
21/23 [PS4] STEINS; GATE ELITE - 2018
21/23 [PSV] STEINS; GATE ELITE - 2018
22/28 [NSW] Happy Birthdays - March 29
23/29 [3DS] Biyoushi Debut Monogatari: Top Sutairisuto o Mezasou! - March 29
24/30 [3DS] Kawaii Pet to Kurasou! Wan Nyan & Idol Animal - April 05
25/31 [PS4] Death end re;Quest - April 12
26/32 [NSW] Neo Atlas 1469 (guide book pack) - April 19
27/33 [NSW] Portal Knights - April 19
28/34 [PS4] METAL MAX Xeno - April 19
28/34 [PSV] METAL MAX Xeno - April 19
29/35 [3DS] The Dead Heat Breakers - April 26
30/36 [NSW] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy - April 26
31/37 [NSW] Cube Creator X - April 26
32/38 [NSW] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis - April 26
33/39 [NSW] Rockman Classics Collection 1 + 2 - May 24
34/40 [PS4] UNDERTALE - May 24
34/40 [PSV] UNDERTALE - May 24
35/ N [NSW] Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition - May 31
35/ N [PS4] Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition - May 31
36/ N [PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 Plus - May 31
37/ N [NSW] The Liar Princess and Blind Prince - May 31
37/ N [PS4] The Liar Princess and Blind Prince - May 31
37/ N [PSV] The Liar Princess and Blind Prince - May 31
38/ N [PS4] Full Metal Panic! Fight! Who Dares Wins - May 31
39/ N [PS4] Life is Strange: Before the Storm - June 07
40/ N [NSW] GOD WARS: Great War of Japanese Mythology - June 14
40/ N [PS4] GOD WARS: Great War of Japanese Mythology - June 14
40/ N [PSV] GOD WARS: Great War of Japanese Mythology - June 14

PS4: 25
NSW: 20 (the best score for switch games)
PSV: 11
3DS: 4

- Games close to release date and games for which reservation reception has ended in Geo are not published in the ranking
02/05 [PS4] Ninokuni 2 Revenant Kingdom - March 23
04/09 [PS4] Valkyria Chronicles 4 - March 21
05/10 [NSW] Hyrule Warriors All Stars DX - March 22
19/17 [3DS] Detective Pikachu - March 23
24/28 [PS4] ARK Park - March 22
25/29 [NSW] Pripara: All Idol Perfect Stage - March 22
26/30 [PS4] Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered - March 22
27/31 [PS4] Just Cause 3 Gold Edition - March 22

GEO's Ranking pre-orders, 2018 (March 05 - March 11)
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5670644/

Last edited:

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Like North Star doesn't appear to attract new audience except old fans, legs for it will be short starting from second week drop.

Girls und Panzer had high sell-through and faced some supply problems at first week but it doesn't show that this limited its sales. It's disappearing fast from charts, those who wanted to buy it did it at launch.

Attack on Titan 2 is one of the same. Good word of mouth doesn't look to help its post launch sales, Musou fatigue is real.

More positive news tomorrow.

Yakuza will need West to stop its decline. Luckily, Yakuza is still new IP in the west, so the fatigue effect wont be that bad.

AoT2 shows how bad KT management is. No success in mobile market, over milking Musou, no breakthrough on their strategy game franchise and often late into trends.

If there is a jp company who will fall first, it will be KT.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza will need West to stop its decline. Luckily, Yakuza is still new IP in the west, so the fatigue effect wont be that bad.

AoT2 shows how bad KT management is. No success in mobile market, over milking Musou, no breakthrough on their strategy game franchise and often late into trends.

If there is a jp company who will fall first, it will be KT.
Still you have to wonder, 4 games in a year... I'm sure Yakuza 0 did great, and 6 could too, but I wonder what the remakes will do. I feel like only the hardcore fans will buy all that.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Still you have to wonder, 4 games in a year... I'm sure Yakuza 0 did great, and 6 could too, but I wonder what the remakes will do. I feel like only the hardcore fans will buy all that.

Well, i am not saying that west will be able to save Yakuza forever lol. It is just, right now that market is still not hugely explored yet

2 or 3 years in future, who know? Maybe the fatigue level will hit them hard too.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I got 0 and Kiwami and plan to get Kiwami 2 next.

I really liked 0. I was somewhat disappointed by Kiwami but still enjoyed it. Kiwami 2 will be important to how far I go with the series, I think, but I'm trying to use the remakes to do it in chronological order.

Mysterio79

Oct 25, 2017
Labo could be really big. I could see it gaining traction in Japan relatively quick.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Its a shame Ninokuni 2 prob wont have any legs. Looks so quality. The PC release will help it a lot internationally though. Series is bigger in the West. Seems like a lot of the bigger budget JRPGs are starting to turn out that way.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they are really not doing a good job with all those games coming out at the same time.

I have no clue why Sega want to milk the franchise so much.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Its a shame Ninokuni 2 prob wont have any legs. Looks so quality. The PC release will help it a lot internationally though. Series is bigger in the West. Seems like a lot of the bigger budget JRPGs are starting to turn out that way.

I can see PC release do it good like how the first Tales released on Steam did good there. I am just sceptical on NnK2 performance on console at the West there.

Yeah they are really not doing a good job with all those games coming out at the same time.

I have no clue why Sega want to milk the franchise so much.

They probably are hoping that if they are able to release all the older Yakuza first, they can at least up the hype for the upcoming new Yakuza with Global release.

Not sure if the fatigue wont end up backfiring to their face though.