• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like you already write down why late 201ö is unlikely...it will already be very business and I'm pretty sure Capcom x Nintendo will want to release this game worldwide at the same time - I don't see that happening in late 2019 and Capcom hates to compete against western fall AAA releases.

Worldwide release by Feb or March 2020 seems more likely to me. Just as Capcom wanted it - dropping their biggest game after AC, Pokemon and co. have expanded the install base by a bit.

No doubt is that it will be bundled with the new revision of the Switch worldwide.
I don't think Capcom cares about coordinating with Nintendo much to be honest. If they feel like releasing this in 2019, then they will do it. I'm just imagining it releasing this year because the rumors about this game are going around for so much time I can't imagine it will take long to finish it.

I know that one lol.
that's why I said generally
I think World may be the new standard. They care about global audiences, so if it's not being announced this month, I would expect an E3 announcement. If Q42019/Q1 2020 is right, then it's a similar timeframe to World's announcement and release.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Capcom cares about coordinating with Nintendo much to be honest. If they feel like releasing this in 2019, then they will do it. I'm just imagining it releasing this year because the rumors about this game are going around for so much time I can't imagine it will take long to finish it.
This hasn't anything to do with Nintendo - Capcom doesn't like to drop their big titles during the fall and MH is their hottest IP post MHW so i assume they are wanna go for a wordwide simultaneous release.

You just write that Capcom would want to force a release in December regardless of the busy releases schedule without providing any reasoning.....

September is too early, November is likely Pokemon and I don't see MH dropping close to that....they will want the spotlight for themselves so early 2020 seems most likely to me.

Oct 26, 2017
how far does MH generally get announced from release anyway?

I remember MH3 on Wii was announced in Oct 2007 and released in Aug 2009 (so not counting the OG PS3 game announcement). MH4 was announced on Sept 2011 and released two years later in Sept 2013.

They've done things much quicker, or at least announced games FAR closer to release since.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You just write that Capcom would want to force a release in December regardless of the busy releases schedule without providing any reasoning.....
Zell's post literally said Q4 2019 or Q1 2020 and we had rumors about this game for a while already (since World's leak). I'm just saying to not dismiss 2019 completely for now. lol

Could easily see it as a January or February 2020 release as well.

Oct 26, 2017
90% of the Three Houses hate is copy and pasted from Xenoblade 2 hate.

"Too anime"
"Bad graphics"
"Boring Direct segment"
"Too anime"

Are these complaints invalid for Xenoblade 2 though.

Xenoblade 2 has really bad handheld graphics compared to all the other Switch games and the main non-combat complaints about Xenoblade 2 are:

-The #2 character has breasts so massive that they're constantly invading the screen.
-Tora is a disturbing pervert.

If you can sexually harass your students in Fire Emblem by dating them, that will not be good, but hopefully that won't be included in the game! Persona 5 allowing the statutory rape romance option has me a tiny bit worried about anime dating sims like Fire Emblem but we'll see.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
If announced this month a switch mh should probably release early 2020. It would avoid the switch überpacked second half of 2019 and wouldn't parasite iceborne marketing.

It would benefit from an even bigger userbase, a traditionnally calm first quarter and from the hype that iceborne will create.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Complaints are not invalid if they represent individual preferences, but they are completely invalid when presented as some hurdle that has to be overcome for better sales. If anything, the opposite is true.

If these are just general opinions about the preference of the sort of content in a game, I don't see why it has much of a place in a sales thread for extended discussion on.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Website confirms official price with taxes for YW4 is 6 458 Yen. Yup, that's one steep increase.
Considering how it looks and that they might expect less sales - not surprising.
Zell's post literally said Q4 2019 or Q1 2020 and we had rumors about this game for a while already (since World's leak). I'm just saying to not dismiss 2019 completely for now. lol

Could easily see it as a January or February 2020 release as well.
And I'm telling you that Capcom usually doesn't like to release their big FY titles during that timeframe and there is already at least one megahit dropping in that timeframe with Pokemon.

Add in the fact that they might to go with a wordwide release next FY - Q1 2020 seems more likely.

I know what tell wrote and he isn't wrong - but a Q4 release seems unlikely to me.

The second half of Switch 201ö will be packed - we haven't seen the half of it yet.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Remember when they announced the Street Fighter Collection in Japan would only use the western versions of the games and pissed off japanese fans including Hideki Kamiya?

Or what about that time they released Marvel vs Capcom Infinite without ANY japanese dub at all? They got a bunch of 1/5 stars ratings on Amazon.jp over this.

It's simply not their focus at all.

I don't play fighting games, so this was off my radar, but holy crap? Why?

Ironically, the RE series is just started seeing JP dubs this gen (afaik).

Oct 26, 2017
Complaints are not invalid if they represent individual preferences, but they are completely invalid when presented as some hurdle that has to be overcome for better sales. If anything, the opposite is true.

I'm 100% sure Fire Emblem Three Houses will not be affected in any way sales wise if you can sexually harass your students by dating them, but I'm not entirely sure the Fire Emblem discussion was about sales.

I would consider Three Houses doing Xenoblade 2 numbers worldwide obviously a pretty bad failure fwiw. 3m seems like it should be the minimum expectations.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

Xenoblade 2 has really bad handheld graphics compared to all the other Switch games and the main non-combat complaints about Xenoblade 2 are:

-The #2 character has breasts so massive that they're constantly invading the screen.

If you can sexually harass your students in Fire Emblem by dating them, that will not be good, but hopefully that won't be included in the game! Persona 5 allowing the statutory rape romance option has me a tiny bit worried about anime dating sims like Fire Emblem but we'll see.
We don't even know if Three Houses allows you to pair characters together in general, let alone the teacher romancing the students.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I would consider Three Houses doing Xenoblade 2 numbers worldwide obviously a pretty bad failure fwiw. 3m seems like it should be the minimum expectations.
I dunno about 3 million but I agree with you. FE was already at where XB2 is today previously after the Awakening revival of the IP. It should do better to show growth, especially with the higher production values and expansion of game scope. 2+ million at least.

I'm 100% sure Fire Emblem Three Houses will not be affected in any way sales wise if you can sexually harass your students by dating them, but I'm not entirely sure the Fire Emblem discussion was about sales.
Yeah I'm just not if it's worth continuing that sort of debate in a MC thread as opposed to the multiple Three Houses threads that pop up.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Yeah, 3M should be the minimum bar the game should pass. I'm expecting 4M+ worldwide myself.

I dunno about 3 million but I agree with you. FE was already at where XB2 is today previously after the Awakening revival of the IP. It should do better to show growth, especially with the higher production values and expansion of game scope. 2+ million at least.
Fire Emblem Awakening did 2.25M and Fates did 2.82M, though, so growth quickly comes to mean 3M+.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't play fighting games, so this was off my radar, but holy crap? Why?

Ironically, the RE series is just started seeing JP dubs this gen (afaik).
The Collection I guess they just assumed it was too much work for something people wouldn't mind too much and most sales would come west-side.

MvCI... it's MvCI I guess? That game is a failure in almost every aspect possible. Maybe they (or Disney) didn't want Marvel characters speaking japanese or languange inconsistency. I really have no idea.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Have you not seen the criticism of FemByleth's design?

The point is that none of those criticisms mean anything for "hype".

They didn't stop XB2 being the best selling Xeno game and if Three Houses doesn't end up the best selling FE game it won't be due to any of that.

Oct 26, 2017
Have you not seen the criticism of FemByleth's design?

The point is that none of those criticisms mean anything for "hype".

They didn't stop XB2 being the best selling Xeno game and if Three Houses doesn't end up the best selling FE game it won't be due to any of that.

Fem Byleth's design is insanely bad, lol. Her pants make no sense, her shirt makes no sense, her breasts are bigger than her head, her face looks weird.

oracion

Jan 7, 2018
Tokyo
holy shit

https://www.m-create.com/ranking/
gsHYlTq.jpg

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
With that, tracking games on MC would get rather tough considering the dearth of information we'll be getting. Looks like we will need to focus on Famitsu and Dengeki from here on out to get more than a tiny window into games' sales.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With that, tracking games on MC would get rather tough considering the dearth of information we'll be getting. Looks like we will need to focus on Famitsu and Dengeki from here on out to get more than a tiny window into games' sales.
Dengeki has a full top 50 with sales numbers. Let's rename to Dengeki Sales thread in honor of the superior tracker.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.

There's an official English notice:

Dear Visitors,
From April, we will change the disclosing policy of weekly sales ranking into top 10 software ranking without sales number.
We continue working on making sales data report (software and hardware), so if your company is interested in market data about Japanese console games, please let us know.

https://www.m-create.com/english/latest_research/e_ranking.html

Also, we still don't know what 4Gamer is going to do, no notice on their end.

But yeah, only Top 10 AND no sales data = uber crap. They don't even mention Hardware data, yikes.

Please have mercy on us, 4Gamer.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At least they're not stopping entirely.
EDIT: Well, looks like they actually are. Oh no.

Last edited:

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Guess we should change Media Create chart into Nintendo Chart during holiday lol. What a sad news.