• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
200.gif

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
The worst thing is that with MC out of the picture (unless 4Gamer keeps going as usual, but I doubt it), it won't be long before Famitsu and Dengeki follow suit.

I doubt Famitsu and Dengeki will follow suit, at least for the time being. It could actually represent a good occasion for them :P

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
In retrospective, Famitsu's recent release scheduling changes were perfectly timed. I wonder if they were aware of rumblings about MC's potential decision to stop releasing numbers to the public.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
I doubt Famitsu and Dengeki will follow suit, at least for the time being. It could actually represent a good occasion for them :P

For them, maybe. For the subscribers who pay dearly for their data, not so much.

We'll see how long they last, but my guess is not long.

Well, for starters, a clarification from 4Gamer would be more than welcome Maybe nothing's changing on that end *fingers crossed*

In retrospective, Famitsu's recent release scheduling changes were perfectly timed. I wonder if they were aware of rumblings about MC's potential decision to stop releasing numbers to the public.

Nothing's really changed on Famitsu's end, actually.

They still share the full data on Thursday (which has been the case for many months). Difference is that now, they have Top 10 + Hardware at the same time as Media Create data via 4Gamer.

That would be a good point if Famitsu was now only sharing the Top 10 and not the Top 30 anymore.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
That's not the set that's on that page. :P
I get that, but they haven't applied those changes to this week's report, which I thought the snippet suggested would be the case.

Edit: Ah, I saw the english version where it turns out it's starting from April (which, tbh, makes more sense as it's the start of a new FY).

Last edited:

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing's really changed on Famitsu's end, actually.

They still share the full data on Thursday (which has been the case for many months). Difference is that now, they have Top 10 + Hardware at the same time as Media Create data via 4Gamer.

That would be a good point if Famitsu was now only sharing the Top 10 and not the Top 30 anymore.

Oh sure, that's why I talked about release scheduling changes. It's true that they used to release the full Top 30 + hardware numbers in one piece, just later than Media Create, but I think that it can't completely be a coincidence that Famitsu suddenly decide to split their data release in two pieces, one of them close to what MC used to do, and at the same time.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Top Ten with no numbers attached is just going to be a musical chairs of Switch evergreens with the odd new game or two making a brief cameo.

Yup. And this is not even its full evergreen roster. When animal crossing, poke new gen and LM hit. The chart probably will never change for long time.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I hereby demand Dengeki's Top 50 to be included in the OP from now on... For justice!

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frankly it sucks. We are about to get one of the most exciting year in Japan and MC bails on us.
Feels like someone stole Christmas. :( I was more excited for sales numbers than most games.

Also, I hereby demand Dengeki's Top 50 to be included in the OP from now on... For justice!
It's just fair to honor the kings from now on. Top 10 without numbers? lol no, get out with this. TOP 50 WITH FULL NUMBERS, that's what I like.

Rellik

Oct 28, 2017
Sad about Media Create news. Would a private subscription between ERA members work? (Only sharing numbers between the paying members). How much would a subscription cost?

At least I hope we can still get the white book even if it means we'll only get MC numbers once a year :|

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Sad about Media Create news. Would a private subscription between ERA members work? (Only sharing numbers between the paying members). How much would a subscription cost?

At least I hope we can still get the white book even if it means we'll only get MC numbers once a year :|
I've seen 20k a year. I doubt you can even register without a company, though. Too big of a risk for leaks.

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TOP 10 2019 Switch M-C:
  1. Smash Ultimate - 577.253
  2. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 499.543
  3. Super Mario Party - 205.752
  4. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! / Let's Go, Eevee! - 194.818
  5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 166.857
  6. Minecraft - 125.962
  7. Splatoon 2 - 115.529
  8. Dragon Quest Builders 2 - 99.397*
  9. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 90.053
  10. Super Mario Odyssey - 45.279
TOTAL: 2.120.443

TOP 10 2018 Switch M-C Q1:
  1. Splatoon 2 - 426.816
  2. Kirby Star Allies- 357.093
  3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 314.193
  4. Super Mario Odyssey - 278.564
  5. Zelda:Breath of the Wild - 167.940
  6. Mario + Rabbids - 167.333
  7. 1-2 Switch - 70.018
  8. Arms - 65.975
  9. Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch - 41.530
  10. Dragon Quest Builders - 35.116
TOTAL: 1.924.578

Overall great start for Switch software this year, by the end of Q1 we should see pretty good growth for software:
Smash >550K
NSMBUD >450K
SMP >225K
PLG, MK8D >175K
Yoshi(new) >150K
DQB2, Minecraft, Splatoon 2 >125K
Zelda:BotW >75K

I'm thinking Yoshi could hit 150K in it's launch week. Not sure which title will be making the top 10 outside of those. So we are looking at the top 10 Switch software seeing 15-25% growth YoY, I also expect the larger amount of smaller titles launching in the next two months to help the overall software sold this quarter.

Slight re-calibration as a lot of Switch Software is doing better than expected this quarter. Smash, PLG, NSMBUD, Zelda:BotW are doing especially well. I'm guessing that Yoshi & Super Robot Wars T are the two games that could make the top 10 although it would be hard for both to do so. Very interested how SRW T does.
Smash >625K
NSMBUD >550K
SMP, PLG >225K
MK8D >190K
Yoshi >150K
Minecraft >140K
Splatoon 2 >130K
DQB2, Zelda:BotW >110K

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
I've seen 20k a year. I doubt you can even register without a company, though. Too big of a risk for leaks.

Pretty sure 20k is for the most exhaustive set of data (MC tracks tons of stuff, used sales, TCG, etc.). Just weekly data like we've be getting should be less expensive, I think. Those things usually have different tiers.

But even if we somehow got a sub, there'd be no way to share data anywhere, unless we want mods to come and close MC threads for good after MC came and kocked on admin's doors to complain about leaked numbers.

In other, non-doomsday news, 6th Yo-kai Watch movie announced. Out this Winter in Japan (most likely mid-December).

topImg27.png

Eiga Yo-kai Watch Jam: Yo-kai Gakuen Y - Neko wa Hero ni Nareru ka.

Totally expecting some sort of expansion alongside that movie.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
This is irrelevant in the long run since Media Create provides monthly sales in White Paper but as far as weekly threads go, the info provided from them is almost zero.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
This is irrelevant in the long run since Media Create provides monthly sales in White Paper but as far as weekly threads go, the info provided from them is almost zero.

at the very least change your avatar and rename the threads as a form of protest

These threads had to help these tracker companies gain a lot of attention over the years. First NPD got huge and went private now Media Create gets a big head too. I can't help but feel the popularity of these threads and the long history we have had with them helped shaped their business. They don't need us talking about them? Or is the industry ashamed of their sales?

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
at the very least change your avatar and rename the threads as a form of protest

These threads had to help these tracker companies gain a lot of attention over the years. First NPD got huge and went private now Media Create gets a big head too. I can't help but feel the popularity of these threads and the long history we have had with them helped shaped their business. They don't need us talking about them? Or is the industry ashamed of their sales?

We're not important lol. I think you place too much emphasis on the effect of some internet forums.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
I mean, even if forums could make it to them, I doubt it is us, since there are also japanese forums out there
I mean yeah but let's not act like every effort deprived game journalist doesn't just get their article headlines from here. Forums like here do have a tangible effect on PR in terms of news collection.

Nov 2, 2017
The "KH guy" was right. Dengeki is, was and will be the superior tracker. And anyway the top 50 late in the week was the best update in this Thread.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Yo-kai Watch 4 is going to cost 5 980 Yen (+ taxes). As expected, a fair bit more expensive than 3DS games, since YW3 Sukiyaki is listed at 5 184 Yen.

https://www.4gamer.net/games/426/G042692/20190314046/

Trailer:

Interrupting the current doom and gloom just to say that this look so damn good. And they're finally showing new environments! The snow village is lovely. And looks like you can control the girl, was that a thing before?

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
YW4 got the typical 3DS to Switch price increase. From 4800 yen to 5980, in line with Nintendo first party pricing.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Dengeki gives 75% sell-through for DMC5. Retailers were very cautious with shipment size.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
Don't forget to predict sales going down next week for the Switch, it seems to be a good luck charm as of late!

Wait maybe Guaraná is in fact sir Pachter himself!
it looks clear to me that next week Switch will be under 50k.
No new games released and the end of the Pokemon Effect. From now until Yoshi's release, things wont look that good for the console.