• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IronTed

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2019
I think it has to do with the fact that Switch userbase is likely becoming younger and Splatoon 2 is really popular among kids. This is also shown by the fact that Minecraft keeps selling well, basically on par with last year (Mario Kart even more than last year). Pokémon definitely helped in expanding the userbase towards kids.

Week 12, 2020

Week 12, 2019
Dengeki

AC New Horizons: 1,831,859 units sold. 90% sell-through.

Switch market share this week:

Software: 95.9%
Hardware: 95.4%

dengekionline.com

【週間ソフト販売ランキング TOP50】『あつまれ どうぶつの森』が183.2万本(3月16日~22日)

新作では、Switch『英雄伝説 閃の軌跡III』が0.7万本で9位、旧作ではPS4『仁王2』が合計2.6万本で2位を獲得した。

For both of these posts, insane numbers. Just crazy

Oct 26, 2017
Very weird Nintendo Direct.

Guessing with no real Direct until e3 and with zero Q3 games announced and with COVID19 delaying games by a month or two, that Nintendo has basically nothing planned for Q3 except for maybe a WiiU port and delayed Pokemon DLC. Q2 is very weak also.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
My Hero Academia reviewed well with 33/40, had a new manga volume come out the same time and the latest season is nearing it's finale. It's a multiplatform sequel so digital might be high but releasing at the current height of the Switch's popularity with all that buzz surrounding the franchise, during an unusual time where people have more time on their hands.

It had the best possible shot at success. Let it join Seven Deadly Sins and One Punch Man in the halls of obscurity.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Looks like Netmarble are bringing Seven Knights to Switch, June in Japan. Separate game, not the actual mobile game.

www.4gamer.net

Nintendo Switch用ソフト「セブンナイツ 〜時空の旅人〜」が2020年6月にリリース

Netmarbleは2020年3月26日,任天堂のプレゼンテーション映像「Nintendo Direct mini 2020.3.26」にて,Nintendo Switch用ソフト「セブンナイツ 〜時空の旅人〜」を2020年6月にリリースすると発表した。本作は,スマホアプリ「セブンナイツ」を元にNintendo Switch用タイトルとして制作された作品だ。

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
From the description this entry of Power Pro looks to be a more serious try and not another side release with lacking modes. We will know soon when we find out what will happen with PS4.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Any idea when Xenoblade DE's preorder open in Japan ?

No chronicles on my Xeno box.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017

resetoeros1

May 30, 2018
I'd have to find the posts from whoever saw the scan, but IIRC the description of the style did not seem as cartoony
I found some scans which i cannot share because the rules. But it seems that it is Ninjala or at least a game set in the same universe. The scan had a kind of yellow thing that looks like a mascot and the so called mascot is there in the last trailer and its eyes in the new logo I´s dot as well. Also in the scan, there's a guy that looks pretty much in the vein of ninjala artstyle. That character is nowhere to be seen in any promotional ad nor in the trailer.

So to sum things up, the game may be Ninjala or another game in the same universe. But im leaning more into the second option because this:

So it's not just a battle game, but it also has a story mode?
Morishita: There is a single-player mode, but this is mostly just the backstory. There are eight characters in this game and each has their own backstory.
SOURCE: https://nintendoeverything.com/ninj...been-planned-why-its-on-switch-gameplay-more/

And as far as we know the ninjala ver is only multilpayer as remarked in the dev commentary video that has just been uploaded. Anyway dont make expectations i may be wrong :v

From the description this entry of Power Pro looks to be a more serious try and not another side release with lacking modes. We will know soon when we find out what will happen with PS4.

Yep Gemtasu said: The biggest entry in the series yet, eBaseball Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2020 sees the return of familiar modes including "Power Fes," Success," "Crown Nine," and "My Life," as well as a "Tokyo 2020 Olympics Mode." To be honest this sounds pretty compromising. Has ever been released two extremely different versions of the yearly edition(2018,2017,2016...)/main games?

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
It's wild seeing Studio Zero tweet about the Switch. I wonder if they did the Catherine port in-house.

Oct 29, 2017
So...

Clubhouse Games - 64.994 (630.777)

Wi-Fi Taiou: Clubhouse Games - 8.269 (71.792)

Could we be looking at another million seller on Switch?

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if XCDE eventually also reaches 2m WW, with XC2 a bit farther ahead. It's releasing far from any other Nintendo release, and at a point in time where the Switch userbase is much larger than when XC2 launched which should really help.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
If 2 can go almost to 2M, Xenoblade 1DE should do twice as much ! And I won't settle for less.
(I'm joking)

Anyway I wish people like it and especially that it gets some more qol added. Maybe some day we'll know who's developing...

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
If 2 can go almost to 2M, Xenoblade 1DE should do twice as much ! And I won't settle for less.
(I'm joking)

Anyway I wish people like it and especially that it gets some more qol added. Maybe some day we'll know who's developing...
Well it has to be Monolith, they're adding new content and story. That's not something a third party could do

sorakirosaki

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Netmarble are bringing Seven Knights to Switch, June in Japan. Separate game, not the actual mobile game.

www.4gamer.net

Nintendo Switch用ソフト「セブンナイツ 〜時空の旅人〜」が2020年6月にリリース

Netmarbleは2020年3月26日,任天堂のプレゼンテーション映像「Nintendo Direct mini 2020.3.26」にて,Nintendo Switch用ソフト「セブンナイツ 〜時空の旅人〜」を2020年6月にリリースすると発表した。本作は,スマホアプリ「セブンナイツ」を元にNintendo Switch用タイトルとして制作された作品だ。
i remember playing this game for yrs before the game became really over blown curious how they are going to adapt it

Oct 26, 2017
Do we see the Switch's Holiday season having more than Super Mario Party 2 and Super Mario 3D World?

Think Nintendo was probably aiming for BotW2 this holiday but moving all workflow to home seems to make that slim chance a no chance.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
fullbody.jp

キャサリン・フルボディ for Nintedo Switch - 公式サイト

一夜の浮気が修羅場を招く…あなたはどのキャサリンとの未来を選択する?大人のアクションパズル・アドベンチャー『キャサリン・フルボディ for Nintendo Switch』好評発売中!

"Catherine: Full Body for Nintendo Switch" includes all the DLC from the PS4/Vita version. 6980 yen. Port seems to be done in house by ATLUS.

Oct 26, 2017
I found some scans which i cannot share because the rules. But it seems that it is Ninjala or at least a game set in the same universe. The scan had a kind of yellow thing that looks like a mascot and the so called mascot is there in the last trailer and its eyes in the new logo I´s dot as well. Also in the scan, there's a guy that looks pretty much in the vein of ninjala artstyle. That character is nowhere to be seen in any promotional ad nor in the trailer.

So to sum things up, the game may be Ninjala or another game in the same universe. But im leaning more into the second option because this:

And as far as we know the ninjala ver is only multilpayer as remarked in the dev commentary video that has just been uploaded. Anyway dont make expectations i may be wrong :v

Yep Gemtasu said: The biggest entry in the series yet, eBaseball Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2020 sees the return of familiar modes including "Power Fes," Success," "Crown Nine," and "My Life," as well as a "Tokyo 2020 Olympics Mode." To be honest this sounds pretty compromising. Has ever been released two extremely different versions of the yearly edition(2018,2017,2016...)/main games?
The PR says there's a single-player mode:

MLIgijE.jpg

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
fullbody.jp

一夜の浮気が修羅場を招く…あなたはどのキャサリンとの未来を選択する?大人のアクションパズル・アドベンチャー『キャサリン・フルボディ for Nintendo Switch』好評発売中!

"Catherine: Full Body for Nintendo Switch" includes all the DLC from the PS4/Vita version. 6980 yen. Port seems to be done in house by ATLUS.

interesting..

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
fullbody.jp

That's a good sign if true.

Oct 26, 2017
What else could they release other than 3D World this holiday then (that could break 3m ww)?

Is ND Cube really going to make some new IP instead of Super Mario Party 2 even though it might sell a small fraction as much?
Sadly they'll more than likely just do another existing IP. I really want to see ND Cube make a proper new IP. Get all of those ex-Hudson folks to stretch their creative muscles already! By the by, did we ever find out where the Over Fence (Flip Wars) folks ended up after they shutdown? I was hoping ND Cube would scoop them up as they feature some ex-Bomberman folks. Trouble is, Flip Wars has no credits to my knowledge, so we can't find out WHO was working there.