• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Famista 2020 also looks a serious effort, nothing like the rushed release of 2018. Budget increased a lot.

Oct 26, 2017
Sadly they'll more than likely just do another existing IP. I really want to see ND Cube make a proper new IP. Get all of those ex-Hudson folks to stretch their creative muscles already! By the by, did we ever find out where the Over Fence (Flip Wars) folks ended up after they shutdown? I was hoping ND Cube would scoop them up as they feature some ex-Bomberman folks. Trouble is, Flip Wars has no credits to my knowledge, so we can't find out WHO was working there.
I found Over Fence's profile page showing their lead staff:

代表取締役会長 香月 薫児
代表取締役社長 加藤 賢
取 締 役 井上 佳典
取 締 役 小坂 晃弘

Anyone fancy giving an accurate translation of the names please?

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
The question is whether it will be vanilla Persona 5 or Persona 5 Royal and when it will happen. Maybe next year? I'd hope that Atlus is also considering bringing SMT V to PS4.

Nobody wants the base version of a game when there's the definitive version that exists.

That's like saying to port over the base version of SF V when there's SF V: Champion Edition.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Nobody wants the base version of a game when there's the definitive version that exists.

That's like saying to port over the base version of SF V when there's SF V: Champion Edition.

SEGA Europe after porting OG Catherine to PC

jbvzd1i.jpg

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
No persona nor Yakuza..nagoshi hate is strong and powerfull
l wonder if even the SMT V desappearance is due to his will to avoid Nintendo

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Atlus got people talking about Persona 5 Switch again lol. The Fully Body stuff is surprising though.

The Switch has decent enough lineup and updates coming to old games to lead into the next Direct, which will probably come in June.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
fullbody.jp

キャサリン・フルボディ for Nintedo Switch - 公式サイト

一夜の浮気が修羅場を招く…あなたはどのキャサリンとの未来を選択する?大人のアクションパズル・アドベンチャー『キャサリン・フルボディ for Nintendo Switch』好評発売中!

"Catherine: Full Body for Nintendo Switch" includes all the DLC from the PS4/Vita version. 6980 yen. Port seems to be done in house by ATLUS.
I know others already said that, but that's a really good sign.

MasonADC

Sep 28, 2018
Pokémon games sales aren't in any meaningful way linked to the perceived quality of the games- they've been rock-solid WW for nearly two decades.

Just because AC's had an unprecedented launch, let's not get revisionist about Sword and Shield's performance- those games broke records when they came out.
The question is whether it will be vanilla Persona 5 or Persona 5 Royal and when it will happen. Maybe next year? I'd hope that Atlus is also considering bringing SMT V to PS4.
it could be a third version, like what happened to persona 3

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Clubhouse Games was crazy successful back in the day so having ND Cube make that instead of a SMP2 might be a shrewd business move and is honestly the kind of strategy I wanted to see with handheld and console consolidation.

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
So any predictions for second week animal Crossing? Any takes? Or Hardware can we see it at 100k or slightly less

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Pokémon SwSh week 12 2020:
04./03. [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2019.11.15} (¥5.980) - 17.608 / 3.527.528 <80-100%> (-5%)

Pokémon XY week 12 2014:
26./10. [3DS] Pokemon X / Y # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2013.10.12} (¥4.800) - 7.451 / 4.319.872 <80-100%> (-8%)

Pokémon SuMo week 12 2017:
06./12. [3DS] Pokemon Sun / Moon # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2016.11.18} (¥4.980) - 10.290 / 3.718.526 <80-100%> (-7%)

SwSh selling a lot more on a weekly basis at this point, and DLC have yet to come out. The game is looking to be quite a bit leggier than the previous two mainline games (due to some obvious reasons, as well as Switch' software legginess).

Absolute retail sales are well behind, but we have to keep in mind that SwSh digital sales are very high, and it could be ahead of XY when digital is taken into account. Shipment comparison as of the end of the launch years in order to illustrate this point:
SwSh (2019): 4.21M
XY (2013): 4.34M
SuMo (2016): 3.81M

Oct 26, 2017
Clubhouse Games was crazy successful back in the day so having ND Cube make that instead of a SMP2 might be a shrewd business move and is honestly the kind of strategy I wanted to see with handheld and console consolidation.
Funny thing is Clubhouse Games is PERFECT for ND Cube. I mean it's not that far removed from a party game really. I wonder if it runs on the Bezel Engine since Super Mario Party did.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Funny thing is Clubhouse Games is PERFECT for ND Cube. I mean it's not that far removed from a party game really. I wonder if it runs on the Bezel Engine since Super Mario Party did.

I would assume so, seems like a pretty solid engine. Not sure who elses uses it apart from Nippon Columbia.

Oct 26, 2017
I found the names of the four Over Fence folks:

Home - RelSci

Chairman & Representative Director: Kunji Katsuki
President & Chief Executive Officer Ken Kato
Director: Yoshinori Inoue
Director: Akihiro Kosaka

I found all of their MobyGames pages except for Ken Kato (assuming he has any Hudson games in his history). it's possible it's this Ken Kato who was apparently at Nintendo:

www.mobygames.com

Ken Kato - MobyGames

Game credits, biography, portraits and other game industry information for Ken Kato - MobyGames

None of the four have any credits on MobyGames after Hudson closed. So that implies they've yet to join ND Cube... or anywhere since Over Fence shutdown.

Last edited:

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused is there a new Jikkyou game for Switch or is it just a Pro Baseball Famitsa game?

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish we got a press release about Animal Crossing today :(

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bravely Default II is yet another Square UE4 game and it made me realize that I think every single of their current project is developed using it? Besides FFXIV.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bravely Default II is yet another Square UE4 game and it made me realize that I think every single of their current project is developed using it? Besides FFXIV.
a lot of their mobile games use Unity (some use UE4 though), and Luminous Studios is using Luminous Engine. but for the most part, their console games are on UE4

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017

Luminous Studios is obviously using Luminous, Tokyo RPG factory and a few other smaller teams use Unity, but yes most of their AAA teams have moved to UE4.

Edit: lol I didn't see the previous post.