• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
Well, considering Switch is selling what Nintebndo ship, i'm not too surprised to see those consistent sales... but yeah, i'm kinda surprised too it managed to stay over 40K. Could have some good weeks at the end of April with Labo and golden week.
PS4 at 15K doesn't look good...

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I mean I think NSMB will be a new game.

Also I think at most 5 Wii U ports for the year seems logical. We already have 4 trough July, I think a game like 3D World will be next in all honestly especially with the coop being such an integral part. Just add a bunch of new levels and bam all good. Then again we just had Odyssey. I don't know we will see though.

Does it even matter if this NSMB game that was not confirmed is a Rerelease ?

Irc the latest NSMB title( the luigi one) was essentialy a GOTY edition of NSMBU, and it sold comparably on the same platform.

Seems to me like a rerelease on a better more successful platform would increase sales.

faint

Oct 27, 2017
All the PS5 rumors caused folks in Japan to hold off until its inevitable release, clearly.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
has there been any indication if japan is excited for labo? have to imagine Nintendo is stock piling some extra units for release.

HPH

Oct 25, 2017
Switch still over 40k barely, nice lol. Big year coming software wise, at least in Japan. Very interesting year continues!

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So Switch dropped only a couple k while PS4 dropped strongly. What's the explanation for this? It's not like either had a new release to keep momentum up. Is it a result of Switch evergreens continuing to sell the system even in the barren times, or could it be supply related (but we haven't got any reports indicating that for either system, so it seems very unlikely tbh).

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
He had a heart-attack when he saw the PS4's numbers.
Reaction Pictured here

e4GMK.gif

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
He had a heart-attack when he saw the PS4's numbers.

Nah, he predicted that last week.

So Switch dropped only a couple k while PS4 dropped strongly. What's the explanation for this? It's not like either had a new release to keep momentum up. Is it a result of Switch evergreens continuing to sell the system even in the barren times, or could it be supply related (but we haven't got any reports indicating that for either system, so it seems very unlikely tbh).

Switch is a desirable product and still has some stock issues while PS4 is not a desirable product and sales are solely driven by demand.