• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just that Game Informer interview where Adam Boyes casually dropped they were working with Epic on "something Fortnite, secret stuff", and they just did Skyrim Switch. It just make sense, but obviously it's just speculation
He also made that tweet about wanting to port MHW to Switch for Capcom, so I guess they're working a lot with the system recently.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
He also made that tweet about wanting to port MHW to Switch for Capcom, so I guess they're working a lot with the system recently.
Yeah in this interview he mentions receiving a call from Nintendo and thinking MHW was about to happen, but turns out it was for "something else". I'm pretty sure the Switch is going to be a sizeable part of their business.

Oct 26, 2017
Why doesn't Nintendo ever give out sales expectations for their games?

Would love to know their expectations for Pokemon, Smash, Labo, and DKC.

Oct 25, 2017
Why doesn't Nintendo ever give out sales expectations for their games?

Would love to know their expectations for Pokemon, Smash, Labo, and DKC.
Mostly because they don't need to. Some companies like Capcom present their forecasts because the shareholders need it. Companies as large as Nintendo are don't tend to give out sales expectations of individual software in a financial report, because the wider picture is how much they sell of all software, and all hardware.

Unless of course it fell below internal expectations. Like EA admitting Battlefront 2 did a million under their forecast for the quarter it released.

Oct 26, 2017
Mostly because they don't need to. Some companies like Capcom present their forecasts because the shareholders need it. Companies as large as Nintendo are don't tend to give out sales expectations of individual software in a financial report, because the wider picture is how much they sell of all software, and all hardware.

Unless of course it fell below internal expectations. Like EA admitting Battlefront 2 did a million under their forecast for the quarter it released.

Does Nintendo often admit when games fall below internal expectations? Like Nintendo Land or WiiMusic?

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Why delete so much info
Translating (especially from a language like Japanese to English which are in many ways polar opposites) is a difficult, time consuming labor, and to immediately be berated by people who don't even speak the language about your choice of words does not leave a very good feeling. And to be accused of bias when you are familiar with the original author's previous writings and you are using that to inform your translation is even worse.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still want a BOTW BR Mode. Itd be unique being fanatsy based and more Physics based.
100 Links in differnt costumes descent on hyrule with Gliders.
Loot is a huge part of the game because your weapons break after a few blow. Shit man this makes too much sense.

But I believe the ultimate BR experience is in Metroid universe. 100 hunters surviving on an alien planet.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm fully caught up now, turned out alot of BS happened while I was at work but were back on track now

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
Loot is a huge part of the game because your weapons break after a few blow. Shit man this makes too much sense.

But I believe the ultimate BR experience is in Metroid universe. 100 hunters surviving on an alien planet.
we all know the ultimate BR experience will be Mario Kart Baloon Battle Royale mode

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Border Break looks so freaking dope. I hope Sega can release it outside Japan but I know the chances are slim. Seems to be a free game with lootbox, and retail release with additional content.

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
TSUTAYA Ranking Sales, 2018 (Apr 09 - Apr 15)

z9Qclxi.jpg

5: [PS4] Cities: Skyline PlayStation 4 Edition

NSW: 9
PS4: 9
3DS: 1
PSV: 1

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
All this talk about battle royale and no Xeno X battle royale? Shame on u guys. Give me Skell for BR genre baby.

If they took what they had from X and just made a straight up action mech shooter I'd be way more interested. The XCX base is so good despite the game sucking ass as a whole. Retool the combat and you may have something.

Oct 26, 2017
BotW2 and Mario Odyssey 2 should really have co-op between Link and Zelda and Mario and Peach though.

Kind of a major missed opportunity if the games don't have co-op.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Something in my gut says that if we ever have a FFTA3, it will come to mobile and it will be profitable, but unremarkable.

hey it can be unremarkable and on consoles. Like I am Setsuna.
make it happen

BotW2 and Mario Odyssey 2 should really have co-op between Link and Zelda and Mario and Peach though.

Kind of a major missed opportunity if the games don't have co-op.
eff that.
doesn't really even make sense...

Oct 26, 2017
My beef is that XC2 doesn't even look as good as XCX. I mean Switch is more powerful but the former runs worse while looking worse overall. Shows how much the far longer dev time benefited X.