• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Fantasy based on reality just seems like the aesthetic behind VIII and X reaching its full form. Ever since Nomura ditched punk, this is where he was going with FF. FFVII is an anomaly.

That said, I like X. Really don't like VIII. XV is 'meh' propped up in my estimation somewhat by me not really caring enough anymore to be disappointed.

Edit: It is kind of funny. I think FFII, despite being the awkward stepchild, is the root of a lot of FF thereafter, particularly the dominant "IV-strain." Similarly, I think FFVIII, despite being the awkward stepchild between more classically minded VII and IX, is the root of a lot FF thereafter.

Last edited:

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Fantasy based on reality just seems like the aesthetic behind VIII and X reaching its full form. Ever since Nomura ditched punk, this is where he was going with FF. FFVII is an anomaly.

That said, I like X. Really don't like VIII. XV is 'meh' propped up in my estimation somewhat by me not really caring enough anymore to be disappointed.

Edit: It is kind of funny. I think FFII, despite being the awkward stepchild, is the root of a lot of FF thereafter, particularly the dominant "IV-strain." Similarly, I think FFVIII, despite being the awkward stepchild between more classically minded VII and IX, is the root of a lot FF thereafter.

FF8 is terrible so that makes a lot of sense actually.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
There are a ton of things to do in the FFXV: sidequests, monster hunts, raiding bases, dungeons, chocobo racing, pinball, colosseum, fight special boss monsters, bet on monster vs monster, and fishing.

Sorry but the battle system is one of the best ARPG systems of the gen with great combo potential.

gp30s92ylz001.gif

Something tells me you have neither played FFXV or looked much into it.

Actually, some were disputing if PS4 was having stock issues.
The exact reason why is kinda pointless as there could be so many internal reasons that we could never know unless Sony says something. For now MHW seems like a good reason.

Yeah was looking forward to the simultaneous release numbers wise. Same with DQ11. VC4 also got delayed.

Now it seems like YOU haven't played FFXV. But I guess this is off topic, sorry.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
FF15 does some things great but combat is not one of them. The average Tales game has more satisfying combat.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
trolling is the exact same thing as joking provided it doesn't include cartoon frogs and the alt-right movement
Jokes typically make it obvious it's a joke that's why you have various verbal and visual markers that it it obvious your joking in real life (tone of voice, expressions, mannerisms etc which are difficult to get across in text) if you make a statement without any of these then a person may take what your saying seriously.

If your doing that simply to gain a response then your trolling (looking for a response) not joking (a statement intended to make your audience laugh).

Last edited:

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jokes typically make it obvious it's a joke that's why you have various verbal and visual markers that it it obvious your joking in real life (tone of voice, expressions, mannerisms etc which are difficult to get across in text) if you make a statement without any of these then a person may take what your saying seriously.

If your doing that simply to again a response then your trolling (looking for a response) not joking (a statement intended to make your audience laugh).
why is this discussion a thing

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
There is a style of joke delivery in Japan where you tell a lie completely plain face and serious, the second the person listening to you shows an expression confirming they truly believe you you say 'just kidding'.

limshowron

Banned for multiple alt accounts
Banned
Apr 17, 2018
Huh? Of course it will. In fact, it already has with Switch + Wii U. Switch alone is most likely already there with digital. And Switch retail only will get to 1m in a few weeks.

Game isn't nearly done selling.

A few weeks at sub 10k digits? Nit seeing the math there.

Also I'm speaking switch not Wii u.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Same number as niche.

Dont want to start again the debate, but "niche" isn't really tied to a number but to a specific subset of the market.

For example SFV could be considered niche despite selling 2m because it caters to the competitive fighting community.
Injustice, another fighting game, is not because of its mainstream appeal (story mode with comics characters).

Even a game like WiiFit can be considered as niche, but its niche (people wanting to exercize at home) is huge.