• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
salromano

https://gematsu.com/2018/04/metal-max-xeno-sales-top-50000-two-days-after-release-in-japan

While we do not have the different in retail sales versus digital sales for Metal Max Xeno, here are the retail sales debuts for previous Metal Max titles, according to Japanese sales tracker Media Create:

• Metal Max 4: Gekkou no Diva (3DS) – 23,092
  • Metal Max 3 (DS) – 50,838
  • Metal Max 2: Reloaded (DS) – 27,115
  • Metal Max 2: Break (GBA) – 9,524
  • Metal Max Returns (SFC) – 20,228

You seem to be quoting Famitsu numbers, not media create. I am looking at Metal Max 4 (3DS) on media create and it debuted at 17.867 units.

Assuming you're using gamedatalibrary, that uses Famitsu numbers for the game search function:

The data on this page contains all the data found on the subpages of Software by Platform, it exist to showcase all the information in one page if needed. As with the information of those pages this one contains official shipment data for games released before 1996 and Famitsu data for those released later. Digital is included when available.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
So judging by the NPD thread, Kirby game in 2nd for the month???
The little guy with that great debut.
1 Million plus sold through is likely in March isn't it?

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo labo variety kit and robot kit cardboard parts pdf:
1XkZ9JX.jpg
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/labo/parts/

Last edited:

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like a pretty solid March. All systems are pretty close in sales. Kirby looks to have broken out. MLB is all hits, no walks. Far Cry 5 was definitely beasting.

Edit: Lmao. Wrong thread. Oh well.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Rockstar Games Employee 1: Hoy, our games hasn't been in the Top 20 in ages! We gotta do something.
Rockstar Games Employee 2: I got ya covered fam.

GTA V Premium Online Edition on June 14th. GTA V + online + starter pack.

I assume it's the same as that edition that leaked a while ago via rating agencies.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Rockstar Games Employee 1: Hoy, our games hasn't been in the Top 20 in ages! We gotta do something.
Rockstar Games Employee 2: I got ya covered fam.

GTA V Premium Online Edition on June 14th. GTA V + online + starter pack.

I assume it's the same as that edition that leaked a while ago via rating agencies.

Where's the Switch boxart?

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
RIP Puzzle Fighter.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/jefferysimpson/blog/2018/04/20/puzzle-fighter-sunset-announcement

Firstly, we'd like to thank all the fans who have supported and enjoyed our Puzzle Fighter mobile game thus far. As huge fans of Puzzle Fighter ourselves, the team here at Capcom Game Studio Vancouver is proud to have created a new version of the game that's unique and enjoyable.

As the studio is dedicating its focus to our flagship Dead Rising franchise, we have decided to sunset Puzzle Fighter. The game will be removed from app stores on July 1 and servers will be shut down on July 31.

Well, there's definitely not going to be a Japanese release now.

NicknameMy

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Well the way investors behave, I wouldn't be surprised if the rise is from people banking on Labo being a breakout hit right from the start. Since, while I expect it to succeed eventually, I don't expect Labo to be a breakout hit right from the start, the next stage will be a similar or worse drop in the stock...

Then again, maybe some people have positive information (Labo or just general Nintendo related) we are not privy to yet.

Or it could be because of the upcoming Nintendo investors meeting and a possible Pokemon announcement infront of it.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
More Dengeki data for FY 2017:

- Nintendo #1 with 30.9% market share (+13.4%), so 1/3 of total Software sales. 3 million sellers (Splatoon 2, SMO, MK8D). 15th year in a row as top-publisher
- Squeenix #2 with 14.7% market share (+3.5%), thanks to DQ11 (+3 million units sold)
- Capcom #3 (no market share, but they jumped from #6 to #3. Thank you, MHW)
- Level-5 #7 with 3.9% market share (#5 and 8.7% market share previous FY)
- Konami #10 with 1.6% market share (#8 and 3.1% market share previous FY)

- publishers in Top 10 the same as during previous FY
- less companies in FY17: from 61 to 51
- Top 10 publishers = 87.1% of SW sales
- Top 3 publishers: 55.5% of SW sales

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/715/1715817/

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
More Dengeki data for FY 2017:

- Nintendo #1 with 30.9% market share (+13.4%), so 1/3 of total Software sales. 3 million sellers (Splatoon 2, SMO, MK8D). 15th year in a row as top-publisher
- Squeenix #2 with 14.7% market share (+3.5%), thanks to DQ11 (+3 million units sold)
- Capcom #3 (no market share, but they jumped from #6 to #3. Thank you, MHW)
- Level-5 #7 with 3.9% market share (#5 and 8.7% market share previous FY)
- Konami #10 with 1.6% market share (#8 and 3.1% market share previous FY)

- publishers in Top 10 the same as during previous FY
- less companies in FY17: from 61 to 51
- Top 10 publishers = 87.1% of SW sales
- Top 3 publishers: 55.5% of SW sales

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/715/1715817/

Japan = Nintendo Land

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Even Media Create and Famitsu subscribers don't even have any data at the moment, so even the investors that do have access to the early reports don't know anything. Tuesday is the earliest you can expect official, reliable, and not based on too small a sample to be representative of the success of Nintendo Labo, report with the usual Famitsu report (provided there's one... I think it's an important enough release to warrant it, but we'll know). Most likely won't be anything before Wednesday, though, since most recent early reports have come on Wednesday instead of the usual Tuesday.

XC2 OST cover is really nice.

Still need to buy this...