• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure Sega barely started on Valkyria Chronicles ports and the developer of Dark Souls Switch has no idea when that game will be done and won't want to start promoting it until they actually finish it.

Taiko and Inazuma Eleven would make it a near Japan exclusive Direct which I don't think they're interested in doing.
There's western stuff too like Wolfenstein, Crash and like a thousand indies (Hollow Knight, Little Nightmares, etc). Plus a lot more JP stuff for summer /fall (Octopath Traveler, Sega Ages, Ys VIII, Sushi Striker, SNK Heroines, etc, etc) there's plenty enough stuff to warrant squeezing in another Direct before E3.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's western stuff too like Wolfenstein, Crash and like a thousand indies (Hollow Knight, Little Nightmares, etc). Plus a lot more JP stuff for summer /fall (Octopath Traveler, Sega Ages, Ys VIII, Sushi Striker, SNK Heroines, etc, etc) there's plenty enough stuff to warrant squeezing in another Direct before E3.
There won't be any direct showing up only games already announced and that are already getting coverage through the press and normal youtube uploads - like most of these you listed.

Just wait for E3.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
According to sinobi looking at the current trends and after Star Allies performance, demand for Tropical Freeze will make it outperform the 120k sales the original without problem.
well this much was a given.
the question was if could do 300-500 as people predicted
- Okami release date.
- Dark Souls release date + Network test.
- Inazuma Eleven
- Valkyria Chronicles 1&4
- Minecraft retail release date
- Taiko release date.
- Mario Tennis Aces, online tournament.

- Their August 1st party title (Fire Emblem ? Yoshi ?)

yeah, there's several things they could show.
Last E3 didn't show that many games at all. It was only big stuff. Octopath didn't even get a mention

To add to your list:

TWEWY.
Yokai trailer

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
- Okami release date.
- Dark Souls release date + Network test.
- Inazuma Eleven
- Valkyria Chronicles 1&4
- Minecraft retail release date
- Taiko release date.
- Mario Tennis Aces, online tournament.

- Their August 1st party title (Fire Emblem ? Yoshi ?)
Every direct has some new announcements, small or big. With E3 a few weeks away I doubt we'll see something big but there will be something.

At this point Fire Emblem and Yoshi look to be saved for E3. If Yoshi is an August title it will be shown sooner.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Every direct has some new announcements, small or big. With E3 a few weeks away I doubt we'll see something big but there will be something.

At this point Fire Emblem and Yoshi look to be saved for E3. If Yoshi is an August title it will be shown sooner.

Do you still think that Fire Emblem won't be a Holiday title ?

I still think that it is the August game but with each passing day, it makes the possibility thiner. Historically entries of the franchise usually don't release at the end of the year. However, they are aiming for a WW release so I am sure that things are more complicated than usual.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
If I had to guess, with current data I'd go with this for new titles at H2.

July - Octo expansion
August - Yoshi
September - Super Smash Bros.
October - Fire Emblem
November - Pokemon or Animal Crosssing
December - Mario

I could see a few ports inside there too.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
If I had to guess, with current data I'd go with this for new titles

July - Octo expasnsion
August - Yoshi
September - Super Smash Bros.
October - Fire Emblem
November - Pokemon or Animal Crosssing
December - Mario

I could see a few ports inside there too.

same, assuming the nsmbu thing is real.

But part of me thinks Retro's game is a surprise 2018 game.
Not sure where to put it though.

either August or October. I'll say October

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
At this point, the only Direct I could see is a mini one for the online service so they don't have to expand on that at E3. Would fit with the "early may" bit said in the investors meeting too.
According to sinobi looking at the current trends and after Star Allies performance, demand for Tropical Freeze will make it outperform the 120k sales the original without problem.
Really nice to hear. DKCTF deserved better.

Echizen

Oct 27, 2017
There won't be any direct showing up only games already announced and that are already getting coverage through the press and normal youtube uploads - like most of these you listed.

Just wait for E3.

The regular Youtube videos for these games don't get millions of views. They're a good way to keep promoting the games to people who are already interested in buying them, but a Nintendo Direct is the best way to reach people who are still on the fence and not looking for these regular videos.

Nintendo did a Nintendo Direct Micro very close to E3 in 2015 and had an ARMS Direct (with some Splatoon 2 info at the end) and Pokemon Direct less than one month before the show last year, so I don't think it's something you can rule out.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The regular Youtube videos for these games don't get millions of views. They're a good way to keep promoting the games to people who are already interested in buying them, but a Nintendo Direct is the best way to reach people who are still on the fence and not looking for these regular videos.

Nintendo did a Nintendo Direct Micro very close to E3 in 2015 and had an ARMS Direct (with some Splatoon 2 info at the end) and Pokemon Direct less than one month before the show last year, so I don't think it's something you can rule out.
The thing is that almost all these games that would be the "bulk" of a Direct are already in media blowout. Doesn't look like the marketing teams are waiting for a Direct or something. Like Chris said too, there's always reveals and new games in these and I doubt we would get them this close to E3.

If anything, the max we get now is maybe a Mario Tennis direct or a Pokémon announcement.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017

Promotion has little things to do with a potential direct. There isn't a single first party title in Japan (for Switch at least) that preorders opened without a direct. Even for Labo it needed the second video after its initial announcement. September direct was speculated same way with the lack of preorders for Odyssey. With Captain Toad only 2,5 months away something is coming for July-September games.

Oct 26, 2017
Promotion has little things to do with a potential direct. There isn't a single first party title in Japan (for Switch at least) that preorders opened without a direct. Even for Labo it needed the second video after its initial announcement. September direct was speculated same way with the lack of preorders for Odyssey. With Captain Toad only 1,5 month away something is coming for July-September games.

I don't know if Toad's preorders opening at e3 or opening in two weeks would make that much of a difference...

And they could just do a video for Captain Toad as well and wait for e3.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
We had a direct focusing on arms and Splatoon around the same time that had a bunch of other announcements.
A small one for aces and maybe some 3DS stuff/games not e3 worthy might be smart
then just a mini direct.

when you said Aces direct I thought you meant a ARMS like direct in which ARMS was literally the only game. Which I don't see.

But a direct with Aces stuff can happen. I don't think it'll get a section as long as last time. I just think it'll show a little new stuff and announce the tournament.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of a Pokemon Direct that also had Captain Toad for some reason, I'm not sure what at May Direct could cover that:

A): Wouldn't be better served to be at e3.
B): We don't already know a lot about
C): Would be interesting to American audiences
new smaller Fall games or ports.

then get played at treehouse for a bit

plus history

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Outside of a Pokemon Direct that also had Captain Toad for some reason, I'm not sure what at May Direct could cover that:

A): Wouldn't be better served to be at e3.
B): We don't already know a lot about
C): Would be interesting to American audiences

Anything not high profile enough for E3 could easily be announced in a separate Direct this month. E3 last year wasn't exactly chock full of a lot of new stuff in the presentation, especially from 3rd parties. The alternative is most likely not another Direct until at least July, which I find a lot more unlikely.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Anything not high profile enough for E3 could easily be announced in a separate Direct this month. E3 last year wasn't exactly chock full of a lot of new stuff in the presentation, especially from 3rd parties. The alternative is most likely not another Direct until at least July, which I find a lot more unlikely.
yeah, E3 was their lightest Switch era direct. Only showed like 7-8 games.

Probably their worst Switch era direct actually.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo will simply showcase in this may direct everything that is either too small for E3 or isn't fit for the mass market audience that will attend the event. I don't see how it is too hard to comprehend.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think you people are just deluding yourselves. I see no reason for Nintendo to do another Direct and the "Nintendo Online" broadcast would be in a Direct if there was one, but it looks like it will be a standalone thing Let's wait I guess.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think you people are just deluding yourselves. I see no reason for Nintendo to do another Direct and the "Nintendo Online" broadcast would be in a Direct if there was one, but it looks like it will be a standalone thing Let's wait I guess.
Direct or not, the Nintendo Online information is supposed to come "early May", so either this week or next. Granted, that could take the form of just an update to the website, but at the very least, it seems like a good time to give an update on the Mario Tennis online tournament at least.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I won't be surprised if it's not a mini but proper direct. Even with the big announcements saved for E3 there are many things that can be shown or revealed and time is running out for Q3.
True.
The line's pretty blurred between the two regardless
January Mini Direct announced more games than manyWii U era directs

but yeah I expect some small fall games to be announced soon at least

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
GEO's Ranking pre-orders, 2018 (April 23 - April 29)

company06.jpg

~ 1.200 stores

About ranking:
- N is the title that was not ranked in within last ranking
- Games close to release date and games for which reservation reception has ended in Geo are not published in the ranking
- The ranking of the title is ranking by the total number including other models and bonus version
- Hardware order of multi titles is in order of hardware release date

01/01 [PS4] Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night - May 24
01/01 [PS4] Persona 5 Dancing Star Night - May 24
01/01 [PSV] Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night - May 24
01/01 [PSV] Persona 5 Dancing Star Night - May 24
02/02 [PS4] Fate / EXTELLA LINK - June 07
02/02 [PSV] Fate / EXTELLA LINK - June 07
03/04 [NSW] Mario Tennis Ace - June 22
04/03 [PS4] New Gundam Breaker - June 21
05/06 [NSW] DARK SOULS REMASTERED - 2018
05/06 [PS4] DARK SOULS REMASTERED - May 24
06/07 [PS4] The Crew 2 - June 29
07/09 [PS4] The Caligula Effect: Overdose - May 17
08/ N [PS4] Zanki Zero: Last Beginning - July 05
08/ N [PSV] Zanki Zero: Last Beginning - July 05

09/10 [PS4] Detroit: Become Human - May 25
10/13 [NSW] BLAZBLUE: CROSS TAG BATTLE - May 31
10/13 [PS4] BLAZBLUE: CROSS TAG BATTLE - May 31
11/14 [NSW] Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido - June 08
11/14 [3DS] Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido - June 08
12/11 [NSW] Rockman Classics Collection 1 + 2 - May 24
13/16 [PS4] Full Metal Panic! Fight! Who Dares Wins - May 31
14/12 [PS4] UNDERTALE - May 24
14/12 [PSV] UNDERTALE - May 24
15/18 [PS4] Life is Strange: Before the Storm - June 07
16/08 [NSW] Octopath Traveler - July 13
17/ N [NSW] SaGa : Scarlet Grace - Hiiro no Yabô - August 02
17/ N [PS4] SaGa : Scarlet Grace - Hiiro no Yabô - August 02
18/ N [NSW] Pro Yakyuu Famista Evolution - August 02
19/ N [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Online Edition - June 14

20/19 [NSW] Ys VIII : Lacrimosa of Dana - June 28
21/15 [PS4] Super Bomberman R - June 14
22/17 [PS4] Record of Grancrest War - June 14
23/20 [NSW] STEINS; GATE ELITE - 2018
23/20 [PS4] STEINS; GATE ELITE - 2018
23/20 [PSV] STEINS; GATE ELITE - 2018
24/21 [3DS] Etrian Odyssey X - August 02
25/ N [PS4] Spider-Man - September 07
26/ N [NSW] Sonic Mania Plus - July 19
26/ N [PS4] Sonic Mania Plus - July 19
27/ N [PS4] Friday The 13th: The Game - July 13
28/ N [NSW] Shining Resonance Refrain - July 12

29/22 [NSW] Closed Nightmare - July 19
29/22 [PS4] Closed Nightmare - July 19
30/24 [NSW] Makai Senki Disgaea Refine (limited edition) - July 26
30/24 [PS4] Makai Senki Disgaea Refine (limited edition) - July 26

PS4: 23
NSW: 14
PSV: 6
3DS: 2

- Games close to release date and games for which reservation reception has ended in Geo are not published in the ranking
05/02 [NSW] Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze - May 03

GEO's Ranking pre-orders, 2018 (April 16 - April 22)

https://www.resetera.com/posts/7242278/

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned : Posting NSFW depiction of minor looking characters.
Tsutaya store

DcBSmlwUwAokPar.jpg

Sofmap Akiba

DcBXwJYV0AEzY5y.jpg

DcBXxWIUQAA79yN.jpg

Mod edit : NSFW depiction of minor removed.

Edit: Sorry, i didn't notice that for the last picture :(

Last edited:

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously.

-Young-ish girl grabbing her crotch. I can't tell intended age with anime styles all the time.
-Next picture shows it is indeed a full-blown kid.
-Then pictures of her in sexual situation.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
same, assuming the nsmbu thing is real.

But part of me thinks Retro's game is a surprise 2018 game.
Not sure where to put it though.

either August or October. I'll say October

I could see it being a big release for March 2019 or something. Hard to imagine they would stuff any other major first party releases this year if Pokemon and NSMB are added to the 2018 lineup.