• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Ikaruga confirmed for Japan it seems:

I figured Pikii would publish it in Japan as they do with all of Nicalis' games now I think.

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
Ikaruga confirmed for Japan it seems:

I figured Pikii would publish it in Japan as they do with all of Nicalis' games now I think.

Good news :)

image_2.png

DcJpbWmVQAA6ZIr.jpg

Last edited:

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Is it like the opening sections of Spore where you are evolving the micro-organism and feeding it?

Oct 26, 2017
Damn that looks gorgeous.0_0

That's one of the Sparkle games. I actually have Sparkle 2 Evo since it was like $1.24 on the eShop during a sale. It's not bad, it reminds me of what Spore wanted to be.

You play as a plankton thing and eat lots of tiny round organisms and grow after eating certain amounts. Trouble is, it becomes a pain in the ass to find them when there's only a few left in the map. The map is multiple layers large which you traverse by hitting L or R to descend and ascend. There's the "radar" where the colored prey blink in their color (red, blue, or green) but it's virtually useless I find.

It's a fine thing if you can get it for that cheap, but it gets tiring after a while IMO.

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
Is it like the opening sections of Spore where you are evolving the micro-organism and feeding it?

Google translate:
In the deep sea which was beautifully presented with surreal graphics,
Why do not you touch the secret of "evolution"?

The goal of the game is to gradually evolve small microorganisms and transform them into huge beautiful aquatic life.
We will explore the deep sea and absorb elements (nutrients). If food runs out, it is also possible to attack other creatures.
Depending on which element you absorb, the direction of evolution is determined. Red is "carnivorous creatures", green is "herbivores", blue is "omnivorous creatures"
It evolves into. Sometimes a battle with a huge boss awaits.

You can choose from two game modes.
In "competitive mode", if you ingest more elements than CPU you win.
In "entertainment mode" (※), stage eleven if you eat the prescribed number of any one of the red, green and blue elements.

After clearing each stage, you can see how it evolved in "gene laboratory".

Let's evolve into the world's largest aquatic life among the unique world view and healing BGM.

http://www.rainyfrog.com/ja/game/shinka_no_himitsu

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
So online information next week?

well, will it even be livestreamed, or just dropped like a mini direct.
Either way I assume next week.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Google translate:
In the deep sea which was beautifully presented with surreal graphics,
Why do not you touch the secret of "evolution"?

The goal of the game is to gradually evolve small microorganisms and transform them into huge beautiful aquatic life.
We will explore the deep sea and absorb elements (nutrients). If food runs out, it is also possible to attack other creatures.
Depending on which element you absorb, the direction of evolution is determined. Red is "carnivorous creatures", green is "herbivores", blue is "omnivorous creatures"
It evolves into. Sometimes a battle with a huge boss awaits.

You can choose from two game modes.
In "competitive mode", if you ingest more elements than CPU you win.
In "entertainment mode" (※), stage eleven if you eat the prescribed number of any one of the red, green and blue elements.

After clearing each stage, you can see how it evolved in "gene laboratory".

Let's evolve into the world's largest aquatic life among the unique world view and healing BGM.

http://www.rainyfrog.com/ja/game/shinka_no_himitsu

Sounds nice. Lets hope it also come to US Eshop.^_^ I am sure the aesthetic alone would sell the game easily there.

Thought they said that it would be in a website update and not in a direct/presentation

Not sure here. But if there are tons of thing to cover, i can see Ninty putting at least a video.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
So online information next week?

well, will it even be livestreamed, or just dropped like a mini direct.
Either way I assume next week.

Nintendo said:
More information will be presented on our website in early May.

The way I interpret it is that they will simply drop the information on the website and in a press release. I don't see an Online Direct happen.

Jan 1, 2018
The way I interpret it is that they will simply drop the information on the website and in a press release. I don't see an Online Direct happen.
I could see them releasing the details early this month though, and at the next direct or at E3 having some expansion on the details - such as, in the website they might say something like "You'll get monthly access to retro nintendo titles" (for example though I'm not sure we'll even get that at this point) and at the next digital event, a look at what exactly the distribution system will look like, or examples of the first titles - maybe even saving supported platforms for then too?
I'm honestly pretty excited to see what they announce; I'm far more excited than I should be to pay for online which was previously free.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Indeed. It's the smart way to do it, no reason to remind players that you have made a poorer copy of the PlayStation/Xbox model of ripping off players.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
We knew that people would be creative with Nintendo Labo stuff, but some people really aren't kidding around.

Btw, it looks like Rocket League retail is headed to Japan, too. Mpl90 is gonna love the release date.

I don't know how I couldn't notice this before today but still, even if late, allow me to react accordingly

372757302840786945.png

Also, since this was discussed earlier: yes, first party Nintendo games with definite release dates but no preorders available in Japan are usually good hints that a Direct isn't too far off.