• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
People (one on this board, not Japanese) are calling these kusoge, we'll need a whole new word to describe how terrible that collection would be.
Tbf except for dragon quest,captain tsubasa and maybe that fotns game,the jump famicom mini classic will probably the closest thing we get to that

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
It didn't take long.

Minecraft already at 8pts on Comgnet. A lot of people were clearly waiting for the retail version.

The best opening for the series was on Vita (36.593).

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

So now July has Taiko, Octopath, and Captain Toad. Nice.

So basically the list of July titles is :

July 12: Shining Resonance Refrain
July 13: Octopath Traveler
July 13: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
July 13: Splatoon 2 DLC ?
July 19 : Taiko
July 19: Sonic Mania Plus
July 19: Closed Nightmare
July 19: 不思議の幻想郷C -RELOADED-
July 26: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Hou
July 26: Rockman X Collection 1&2
July 26: Dragon Quest X All in One Package
July 26: Makai Senki Disgaea Refine
July 26: Waku Waku Doubutsu Land
July 26: Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai: Library Party
July 26: Tennis World Tour

Slow month.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
So basically the list of July titles is :

July 19 : Taiko
July 19: 不思議の幻想郷C -RELOADED-

Slow month.
Compared with July 2017 (retail release only)

July 20: Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
July 21: Splatoon 2

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Compared with July 2017 (retail release only)

July 20: Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
July 21: Splatoon 2

Are you trying to say that 3rd party support is significantly ramping up ?

Because I swear that some people in these threads were clearly arguing that missing God Eater was a clear sign that the Switch would never get 3rd party support.

what a stupid argument that was

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Are you trying to say that 3rd party support is significantly ramping up ?

Because I swear that some people in these threads were clearly arguing that missing God Eater was a clear sign that the Switch would never get 3rd party support.

what a stupid argument that was
Just want to put it into the perspective that how the line-up of Switch grows, especially when the whole list of July 2018 does not even have one single Nintendo game (other than Octo Expansion).

Regarding God Eater 3, looking at its graphics, I think a Switch version can totally work. BNGI is just having a weird stance towards Switch.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be surprised if there's no new color or bundle or price promotion or whatever for Switch in July.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Just want to put it into the perspective that how the line-up of Switch grows, especially when the whole list of July 2018 does not even have one single Nintendo game (other than Octo Expansion).

Regarding God Eater 3, looking at its graphics, I think a Switch version can totally work. BNGI is just having a weird stance towards Switch.

I think they probably just don't have anyone to work on it, if they have all their Switch capable developers on their announced Switch projects, Tales (wwwwwww), and Nintendo's contracted projects they may not have anyone to put on a game like God Eater 3, which has no guarantee Nintendo fans will be interested.

BishopLamont

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
nintendo should follow up labo with variety game pack 1 or something to take advantage of all the creations from variety kit, i dont think they should count on people's own creations to sustain the concept, they need their own games to set an example and motivate people to create their own

i think this is the path they will take rather than variety kit pack 2 or something since people would be feel its redundant after experiencing variety kit 1

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
I think they probably just don't have anyone to work on it, if they have all their Switch capable developers on their announced Switch projects, Tales (wwwwwww), and Nintendo's contracted projects they may not have anyone to put on a game like God Eater 3, which has no guarantee Nintendo fans will be interested.
Ah yes, you have a point. Let's wait for the reveal of those rumored BNGI Switch projects (Prime 4, RR8) before making conclusion on BNGI's output.
Tbf Splatoon 2 and DQXI war were much bigger than anything that is gonna be released on July this year
Absolutely, both of them are multi-million sellers. Only Octopath (maybe Taiko? Don't know its sales in the past) has a chance to reach 1 million. Personally speaking, I have a hard time figuring out which should I buy 'first'. Octopath is a lock, and I thought Disgaea Refine is also a Day 1 purchase. But now Taiko is confirmed, I am not so sure. The price of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni may go up instead of going down (just look at how expensive the PS3 version of Higurashi and Umineko are), I may also pick it up as soon as possible.

Oct 27, 2017
nintendo should follow up labo with variety game pack 1 or something to take advantage of all the creations from variety kit, i dont think they should count on people's own creations to sustain the concept, they need their own games to set an example and motivate people to create their own

i think this is the path they will take rather than variety kit pack 2 or something since people would be feel its redundant after experiencing variety kit 1

Nintendo is approaching Labo similarly to Lego, that being, releasing multiple kits over time, often grouped into themes. So we may see an Outdoors Kit or a Machines Kit as well.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, you have a point. Let's wait for the reveal of those rumored BNGI Switch projects (Prime 4, RR8) before making conclusion on BNGI's output.

Absolutely, both of them are multi-million sellers. Only Octopath (maybe Taiko? Don't know its sales in the past) has a chance to reach 1 million. Personally speaking, I have a hard time figuring out which should I buy 'first'. Octopath is a lock, and I thought Disgaea Refine is also a Day 1 purchase. But now Taiko is confirmed, I am not so sure. The price of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni may go up instead of going down (just look at how expensive the PS3 version of Higurashi and Umineko are), I may also pick it up as soon as possible.
octopath won't come near 1m

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

So now July has Taiko, Octopath, and Captain Toad. Nice.

Nice! Good spot.

Taiko will come close (700k+ LTD for sure), but but probably won't reach it. With the Switch, you never know tho!

http://www.cs.furyu.jp/beyblade2018/

FuRyu announces Beyblade Burst: Battle Zero for Switch, out in JP on Oct 25th.
A new name on Switch! Nice to see them make the switch (badum tsss) from 3DS. They're usually one if the slowest ones. I wonder if they're gonna port one of their own projects. I think The Alliance Alive misses a lot of potential in the west, simply because it's on 3DS and not on Switch.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In Japan? Neither.

Oct 26, 2017
Thirsty?

DdN9R6XXUAAs4Td.jpg:orig

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo direct for Q3 might have been pushed after E3. With all these announcements from Nintendo and third parties for July, plus August / September titles not dated before E3, a May / early June direct is moving away. Captain Toad will have to deal with 2-3 weeks of preorders in that case.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo direct for Q3 might have been pushed after E3. With all these announcements from Nintendo and third parties for July, plus August / September titles not dated before E3, a May / early June direct is moving away. Captain Toad will have to deal with 2-3 weeks of preorders in that case.
If what Emily said was right,there should be a pokemon direct this month

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
[UPDATE] Switch games, Japan, Summer

June 07: Little Nightmares
June 08: Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido
June 14: GOD WARS: Great War of Japanese Mythology
June 21: THE 密室からの脱出 ~運命をつなぐ35の謎~
June 21: THE 麻雀
June 21: Minecraft
June 22: Mario Tennis Aces
June 28: Ys VIII : Lacrimosa of Dana
June 28: Death Mark

July 19: Taiko Drum Master: Nintendo Switch Version!
July 19: 不思議の幻想郷TOD -RELOADED-

August 02: SaGa : Scarlet Grace - Hiiro no Yabô
August 02: Code of Princess EX
August 02: Pro Yakyuu Famista Evolution
August 02: LEGO: The Incredibles
August 09: Okami HD
August 09: Jake Hunter Detective Story: Prism of Eyes
August 09: Darkest Dungeon
August 09: Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy DX
August 23: My Hero Academia: One's Justice
August 30: Psyvariar Delta
August 30: Little Dragons Cafe

September 06: Hakuoki Shinkai: Fuukaden
September 13: Code: Realize ~Bouquet of Rainbows~

Switch games, Japan, Fall

October 25: Beyblade Burst: Battle Zero

Last edited:

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
GEO Ranking Sales, 2018 April

tumblr_inline_netlurp9kr1t0ff2i.png

N: new
R: return
F: First time in top 10 but not during the launch month

Games

01/ N [PS4] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2018
02/ N [PS4] God of War

03/03 [PS4] Far Cry 5
04/01 [NSW] Kirby Star Allies
05/ N [PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2018
06/ N [NSW] Nintendo Labo Toy - Con 01: Variety Kit
07/ N [NSW] The Snack World: Trejarers Gold
08/ N [PS4] Cities: Skyline PlayStation 4 Edition

09/08 [NSW] Splatoon 2
10/ R [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Games (second-hand)

01/01 [PS4] Monster Hunter: World
02/03 [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
03/05 [NSW] Splatoon 2
04/08 [PS4] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
05/ F [PS4] Far Cry 5
06/02 [PS4] Call of Duty World War II
07/06 [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey
08/ F [NSW] Kirby Star Allies
09/07 [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
10/ F [PS4] Like the North Star

Hardware

01/01 - Nintendo Switch
02/?? - PlayStation 4 (500 GB)
03/?? - Playstation 4 Pro (1 TB)
04/05 - PS Vita
05/06 - New Nintendo 2DS LL
06/04 - Nintendo Classic Mini Super Famicom
07/?? - Playstation 4 (1TB)
08/07 - New Nintendo 3DS LL
09/08 - Nintendo 2DS
10/?? - WiiU Premium Set (32 GB)

Hardware (second-hand)

01/?? - PlayStation 4 (500 GB)
02/02 - Nintendo Switch
03/?? - PlayStation 4 Pro (1 TB)
04/04 - PS Vita
05/05 - New Nintendo 3DS LL
06/07 - Nintendo Classic Mini Super Famicom
07/?? - Playstation 4 (1TB)
08/?? - WiiU Premium Set (32 GB)
09/09 - New Nintendo 2DS LL
10/?? - PlayStation 3 (160 GB)

GEO Ranking Sales, 2018 March
https://www.resetera.com/threads/me...2018-apr-02-apr-08.35472/page-12#post-6651261

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
With Pokemon for holidays 2018 Animal Crossing goes for (early?) 2019. I was expecting the opposite a few months ago. It wouldn't make a big difference in Japan but at west the gap at brand popularity is huge and maybe Nintendo didn't want to take risks.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
With Idea Factory and FuRyu jumping in this month, what notable 3DS/Vita studios are still left without a Switch commitment? Falcom obviously, although they're licensing. I'd say Spike Chunsoft too although their western branch has now started picking up other publisher's stuff. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.