• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Anime adaptation for Forwardworks' Sora and Umi no Aida coming October. Don't ask how the mobile game is doing currently, I stopped tracking it long ago when it flopped out the gate. They already had this planned from the beginning to be a multimedia project.

https://forwardworks.com/news/20180606-01/

Trailer:

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Anime adaptation for Forwardworks' Sora and Umi no Aida coming October. Don't ask how the mobile game is doing currently, I stopped tracking it long ago when it flopped out the gate. They already had this planned from the beginning to be a multimedia project.

https://forwardworks.com/news/20180606-01/

Trailer:

They planned it as multimedia project from the start, and the anime starts a full year after the game was released?!

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
They planned it as multimedia project from the start, and the anime starts a full year after the game was released?!

Well, successful mobile games are expected to last for years, no need to rush with an anime adaptation at the start when it's mainly used to expand the current audience.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Japanese charts have been depressing lately. What game will change this ? Mario Tennis Aces ? Octopath Traveler ?

Mario Tennis Aces and Minecraft should perform extremely well, gotta keep in mind that this May & June is miles stronger than last when we had Tekken and Arms as the only notable releases.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
So now it looks like a Tales remaster is releasing this year. I have no idea what the expect and I doubt the other remasters would make for a good comparison.

I would expect it on Switch + PS4. It depends on how hungry Tales fans are. It's been a good while since the last game released in Japan.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I would expect it on Switch + PS4. It depends on how hungry Tales fans are. It's been a good while since the last game released in Japan.
Mainline Tales has been absent on Nintendo since 2011. PS4 seems a lock, but I'm not entirely sure on Switch yet, also considering Bamco's support so far. Of course this could be the first result of their Switch trio for the Summer.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
Mainline Tales has been absent on Nintendo since 2011. PS4 seems a lock, but I'm not entirely sure on Switch yet, also considering Bamco's support so far. Of course this could be the first result of their Switch trio for the Summer.
According from their Q&A and IR, their actual supports will "arrive" at the beginning of summer, which will be after E3, we will see how it goes

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

I tought they already had a Tales game in the work for Switch during the January big presentation ?

I doubt they decided to cancel the project after seeing the success of the Switch.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So today is the day botw on switch will probably break the million at retail!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I tought they already had a Tales game in the work for Switch during the January big presentation ?

I doubt they decided to cancel the project after seeing the success of the Switch.
Yes.

1513505150-tales-of-snruhj.jpg

Should have been announced last FY though, I wonder why the delay.

Oct 27, 2017
I cant see a new Tales game (or the rumoured remaster) not being on both PS4 and Switch. Both consoles are doing fantastically well around the world and have variety of different audiences for Bamco to sell to. The recent success of Japanese games on Ps4 in the west (Nier, FF15, Yakuza) should be giving Bamco the signal that time is now for Tales to expand significantly in the west.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
After 65 weeks, software share comparison:

Switch
1:Nintendo(79.4%)
2:Capcom(2.9%)
3:Square Enix(2.9%)
4:Koei-Tecmo(2.6%)
5:Pokemon(2.4%)

3DS
1:Nintendo(44.7%)
2:Capcom(16.3%)
3:Bandai Namco(7.7%)
4:Level 5(6.5%)
5:Square Enix(4.9%)

Wii U
1:Nintendo(70.9%)
2:Capcom(7.4%)
3:Square Enix(7.2%)
4:Bandai Namco(6.5%)
5:UBI(2.7%)
Interesting comparison, thanks!

Oct 26, 2017
I still still don't see why it must be a delay. A report on 'btw, these games are also planned for a new platform' doesn't mean they're coming within the year.

Actually BN originally said that both Taiko and Tales would be on Switch before the FY ended on March 31st, 2018. Neither happened, although Taiko finally got revealed for this summer.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
I still still don't see why it must be a delay. A report on 'btw, these games are also planned for a new platform' doesn't mean they're coming within the year.

Bamco once listed a Tales of game for the previous Fiscal Year (the one that ended in March), in their financial results documents. Hence why Kouriozan is talking about a delay.

Tales of festival is soon, we should hear about the series there if not at E3.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Bamco once listed a Tales of game for the previous Fiscal Year (the one that ended in March), in their financial results documents. Hence why Kouriozan is talking about a delay.

Tales of festival is soon, we should hear about the series there if not at E3.
Yeah, the Gematsu article talks about it being announced at E3, but I can see a scenario where Gematsu's source told them it'll be announced next week, and that they assumed it would be at E3 but it actually would be at the Tales Of Festival. We'll see what it turns out to be.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Where would they announce a Tales remaster at E3? If it's Vesperia I can see Microsoft doing it but otherwise probably just a trailer drop on youtube.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
What kind of numbers do we expect for BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle and Liar Princess across the different platforms?

BB games have had good good launches in the past, but do will that translate to this crossover? I expect around 20k on PS4 and around 5k on Switch, personally.
Liar Princess is a NIS game, which usually are niche, but the trailers have high view counts on YouTube, positive responses on social media, and also a couple of high appearances in retailer charts. I expect a better opening than for example the Four Princesses game from earlier this year (which soft-bombed imo), but how high will it go? I think the PSV share will be very low and I expect the NSW version to do slightly lower than the PS4 version. I guess 20k in total would be high tho?

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Sony is going to reveal certain things in the upcoming days before E3. Those games wont be massive AAA games, those are reserved for the press conference itself.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...countdown-to-e3-2018-begins-wednesday-june-6/
yes, but again, highly doubt Sony will reveal any 3rd party game without any sort of exclusivity tied to it, and going by the description of what the games will be, the only plausible one will be the one on June 8th

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
You'd think but they haven't done anything impressive thus far. Lots of late ports and no Switch on games like God Eater 3 and Code Vein. Doesn't inspire much confidence.

If Versperia is for Switch as seems likely, Namco's second half in Japan is as follows:

-Taiko Drum Master
-Famista Evolution
-My Hero Academia
-Go Vacation
-Tales of Vesperia
-DB Fighters Z

Obviously it pales in comparison to PS4, but that's a pretty decent 5-6 month lineup of games.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
If Versperia is for Switch as seems likely, Namco's second half in Japan is as follows:

-Taiko Drum Master
-Famista Evolution
-My Hero Academia
-Go Vacation
-Tales of Vesperia
-DB Fighters Z

Obviously it pales in comparison to PS4, but that's a pretty decent 5-6 month lineup of games.

Is Go Vacation published by Nintendo or Namco in Japan?

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
yes, but again, highly doubt Sony will reveal any 3rd party game without any sort of exclusivity tied to it, and going by the description of what the games will be, the only plausible one will be the one on June 8th
Fair enough, i just wanted to say that Sony announcing stuff like this isnt too out of the question. Doesnt really have to be AAA or some bigger exclusive deal.