• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Sinobi has turned from one of biggest Switch doubters to one of its biggest supporters. Tropical Freeze was the real game changer for him.

Doubters sales-wise, or personally?

First Day Sell-through {2018.06.07}

[PS4] [PSV] Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star Link # <ACT> (Marvelous) - 50%, PS4 > PSV

[NSW] [PS4] Little Nightmares: Complete Edition <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥3.200) - 40%, NSW > PS4

Only 50% for Fate/Extella? Seems a bit on the low end for a pretty frontloaded "series".

Surprised that Little Nightmares sold better on Switch, but I guess that's because it was already available on PSN.

By the way, Layton 1 for smartphones now available:

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think I'd want a Pokémon Muramasa until now.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Day) : Trolling LABO topics. Accumulated Infractions.
I used to think you actually had something against LABO, but I guess you're just parodying crazy Nintendo haters. You certainly had me convinced for a while.
don't ruin the fun ;)

They shouldn't ever watch a turd of a show like that.

TI92 needs Jesus.*

*That's a way of mine saying that he's either trolling or has some real issues. Don't get offended by it

praying 4 u

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haha, this is rich. You have tried to pretend your responses are a gimmick since the GAF ERA.

Please you aren't playing anyone.

#blocked.
iu

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
People might have bought the game because of that viral video on twitter I think

Eh didn't hear about this, do you have a link?
I imagine it's spoilerish in some form considering the game so I might check it only when I finish it.

I'm not quite sure about the quality or not of the Pokemon anime currently, but the one line dismissal of a show that is still watched by I assumed a couple millions of kids do tend to look like something like a troll.
Which makes it a bit ironic that you use that word about someone else just below in the same post.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
I'm not quite sure about the quality or not of the Pokemon anime currently, but the one line dismissal of a show that is still watched by I assumed a couple millions of kids do tend to look like something like a troll.
Which makes it a bit ironic that you use that word about someone else just below in the same post.

This series has been surprisingly consistent (even more than the previous series). Last week, it had a 3.5 rating, it usuall hovers around 3 and 3.5. Really curious to see what they do with Let's Go, considering they have gone through story content from Sun and Moon really fast. I could see a mini-series at Kanto before Gen 8 in 2019.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Nintendo eShop Sales: May 31st to June 6th 2018

Nintendo eShop – Nintendo Switch

01./New – ICEY (X.D. Network) [31.5.2018]
02./03. – Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Mojang) [12.5.2017]
03./04. – Overcooked: Special Edition (Team17) [12.10.2017]
04./02. – Wizard of Legend (Humble Bundle) [15.5.2018]
05./06. – Ikaruga (Pikii) [30.5.2018]
06./05. – Human: Fall Flat (Teyon Japan) [28.12.2017]
07./01. – Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Inti Creates) [24.5.2018]
08./07. – Stardew Valley (Chucklefish) [12.1.2018]
09./04. – Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (Capcom) [24.5.2018]
10./New – Mario Tennis Aces (Nintendo) [22.6.2018]
11./New – Lost Sea (eastasiasoft) [22.6.2018]

12./15. – Splatoon 2 (Nintendo) [20.7.2018]
13./17. – Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) [28.4.2017]
14./New – Usotsuki Hime to Moumoku Ouji (Nippon Ichi Sotware) [31.5.2018]
15./00. – NBA 2K18 (Take-Two) (currently on sale)
16./14. – Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo) [03.5.2018]
17./New – Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - Ultimate Edition (Oizumi Amuzio) [31.5.2018]
18./New – FRAMED Collection (Surprise Attack) [31.5.2018]
19./New – Dungeon Rushers (H2 Interactive) [31.5.2018]

20./19. – NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 (Bandai-Namco) [26.4.2018]

Full Top 20.

_Dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Plenty of shows are watched by millions. That doesn't necessarily make them good or prevent a show from being a turd.

But tell me, if you want me to expand on my statement, I can. Would you like to read my criticism of the Pokémon anime?

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Plenty of shows are watched by millions. That doesn't necessarily make them good or prevent a show from being a turd.

But tell me, if you want me to expand on my statement, I can. Would you like to read my criticism of the Pokémon anime?

Oh I love reading the analyses of children's shows using adult scrutiny. Your thesis has my eyes.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine hating a good kid's show, the animation alone makes it worth watching. It's getting consistent and good ratings too.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, we just saw an adult meltdown over Labo. Why leave the pokemon anime out in the cold?

That plus the (not) Eddie Murphy thing was a strange turn for this last page.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OMG this page lmao. And I'm all like 'MC will be boring' since like 2/3 weeks ago. I underestimated y'all. Hopefully E3 can bring us back to more... shall we say nuanced discussion.

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
Between 150k and 200k FW, 800k lifetime (probably including some Happy Price Selection release later down the line) unless a new one releases for Switch in less than 1 year.
this is probably the biggest game in Japan that I genuinely haven't heard of before joining ERA. Does it only really do well in Japan?
I mean, we just saw an adult meltdown over Labo. Why leave the pokemon anime out in the cold?

That plus the (not) Eddie Murphy thing was a strange turn for this last page.
These past pages have been surreal... the simulation is glitching tf out

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Lite_Agent That's what I heard about the rating, thanks for the details.
The Let's go title(s) might indeed shake up the formula a little bit, could be interesting to see where they go.

Well let's say first that between the best anime ever and a turd there are millions of nuances and I was a bit surprised that a show that has been running for 20 years with consistent and good rating and audience, played a big part in keeping Pokemon the behomoth IP it is on every front still managed to do it by falling to fall in that "in between category" and by being a turd.

But maybe there's something different about Sun/Moon particulary?
Looking at it with one eye, besides the character design that was refreshed (for the first time since they started) I didn't notice much else being that different, I might have miss something so by all mean I wouldn't mind to know about it.

Or you think the whole anime is a turd from the start and in that case I don't think there's much room for discussion.

Last edited:

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
The Taiko no Tatsujin franchise has been in severe decline since the end of Wii era. 2011-2012 was the last great year, after then sales plummeted and not only because they were released on platforms with less familiar audience like PlayStation systems or because they were released on failed systems like Nintendo Wii U. The latest entries on Nintendo 3DS performed mediocrely too.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
The Taiko no Tatsujin franchise has been in severe decline since the end of Wii era. 2011-2012 was the last great year, after then sales plummeted and not only because they were released on platforms with less familiar audience like PlayStation systems or because they were released on failed systems like Nintendo Wii U. The latest entries on Nintendo 3DS performed mediocrely too.
I acknowledge the declining trend. Now that I look at the sales numbers of older titles again, 800k is probably too high. I do think, however, that a release on a new platform (that is the hottest thing at the moment), motion controlled gaming without drum, and the inclusion of very popular songs like Jump Up Super Star and the Splatoon music (which are bigger deals than the game songs in the last couple of games imo) can help to spark new interest in the series. I'll be disappointed if it doesn't do 500k+.

(Of course this doesn't count, but I think a mainland Asian release will help the game a lot, especially with English language support. Hopefully we'll get a combined sales number some time after release.)

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Between 150k and 200k FW, 800k lifetime (probably including some Happy Price Selection release later down the line) unless a new one releases for Switch in less than 1 year.

There hasn't been a single Taiko Drum Master game that sold that much FW. Record is 114k for Taiko no Tatsujin Wii. No way it sells even 100k on Switch.

Best debut on 3DS is Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb with 63k (and 600k LTD). 50k FW is much more realistic for Taiko Switch, though I'm not sure it'll even reach that. Need more data to know for sure.

What I expect is a lowish debut, with low sell-through (0-20%, 20-40% at best), but good legs during Summer holiday and end of year season. No bomba bins, but you're definitely going to get "wow, Taiko bomba" comments for launc week ;)

https://sites.google.com/site/gamedatalibrary/game-search

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

TI92 needs Jesus.*

*That's a way of mine saying that he's either trolling or has some real issues. Don't get offended by it

I dunno about the current series but XYZ was fucking great. I'd stopped watching the anime years and years ago (10ish years) but peeped a few episodes of XY and it was super quality. The animation was superb.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sun and Moon anime is so good, you can tell the staff is having a lot of fun making it. It's a pretty fun, more comedic series.

b97.gif

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I acknowledge the declining trend. Now that I look at the sales numbers of older titles again, 800k is probably too high. I do think, however, that a release on a new platform (that is the hottest thing at the moment), motion controlled gaming without drum, and the inclusion of very popular songs like Jump Up Super Star and the Splatoon music (which are bigger deals than the game songs in the last couple of games imo) can help to spark new interest in the series. I'll be disappointed if it doesn't do 500k+.

(Of course this doesn't count, but I think a mainland Asian release will help the game a lot, especially with English language support. Hopefully we'll get a combined sales number some time after release.)

500k to 600k for me seems possible to hit there. As the 3ds one,(the fushigi orb did hit that number) however 800k is going to really hard if u ask me.

I do feel they missed a lot by not adding Xenoblade 2 ost lol. As that is currently doing crazily good.^_^