• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
They would have to make an entire game for Switch graphically. They would have to make new textures, new character models, and those are really expensive to do on Switch and really cheap to do on 3DS.
No they wouldn't. They could take the the Doom approach and use the same assets while scaling down performance, resolution, lighting, etc. This is really what most Switch ports do.

Or they can just do a Cloud version. Even cheaper.

Oct 26, 2017
No they wouldn't. They could take the the Doom approach and use the same assets while scaling down performance, resolution, lighting, etc. This is really what most Switch ports do.

Or they can just do a Cloud version. Even cheaper.

I'm pretty sure a cloud version third person action horror shooter would be the worst thing possible.

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Smash being December was a suprise to me - I thought it would for-sure launch with the paid online. Guess Mario Tennis Aces and Splatoon 2 will be the two big titles to push the online sub at launch.

Doesn't seem we got any info on Yo-kai, DQB2 and Inazuma either.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Weird. Doom and Wolfenstein 2 are not entire new games and are on Switch.

Considering Capcom couldn't manage a port of the VR enabled 1080p/60fps Resident Evil 7 I wouldn't expect them to downport anything.

They don't even seem interested in porting Resi 4, 5 and 6 though which is bizarre.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
If Capcom wanted Remake 2 on Switch it would be there. But they have outlined over and over that they want to compete in the AAA sphere so I dont get why this is hard to accept. AAA games are not coming to the Switch in general, Capcom will be no different.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The guys from Epic just said that with the launch of Fortnite there's a new version of UE4 for Switch and they hope to see a lot more games being brought over. Hopefully Square Enix can pull their finger out and make some progress on Dragon Quest XI.

If Capcom wanted Remake 2 on Switch it would be there. But they have outlined over and over that they want to compete in the AAA sphere so I dont get why this is hard to accept. AAA games are not coming to the Switch in general, Capcom will be no different.

Heh that's what it comes down to most of the time.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Ninjala
- Multiplayer Action game
- Up to 8 players local and online
- developed and published by GungHo Online Entertainment
- Nintendo Switch exclusive
- Spring 2019 release (in the west; I assume also in Japan around that time)

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yup. Capcom wants RE2 to be a graphical showcase. Its looking a lot better than RE7.
Similarly they wanted DMCV to look realistic but also slightly stylised as well.

I'd say they are doing a good job in entering the AAA sphere. I'm sure they're confidence has gone up after the runaway success of MHW.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Now that I saw the xchedule again Smash going to December likely means these are all Nintendo major releases until December. What still has chances to join the club is New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe / Metroid Prime Trilogy HD. Fire Emblem and Yoshi delays must have changed initial plans and at least one of them will lose even Fiscal Year.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I saw the xchedule again Smash going to December likely means these are all Nintendo major releases until December. What still has chances to join the club is New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe / Metroid Prime Trilogy HD. Fire Emblem and Yoshi delays must have changed initial plans and at least one of them will lose even Fiscal Year.
I kind of think both will miss the fiscal year.
Maybe not, but Spring for Nintendo means May and June a lot lately

are we expecting a NSMBU or Metroid announcement in the treehouse?
I know emily endorsed NSMBU.

but with the barrier of "no switch delays" broken, not as confident how the schedule will shake out now.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
I kind of think both will miss the fiscal year.
Maybe not, but Spring for Nintendo means May and June a lot lately

are we expecting a NSMBU or Metroid announcement in the treehouse?
I know emily endorsed NSMBU.

but with the barrier of "no switch delays" broken, not as confident how the schedule will shake out now.

I would be surprised if the Xenoblade 2 expansion is the only first party retail release between Captain Toad and Mario Party.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I would be surprised if the Xenoblade 2 expansion is the only first party retail release between Captain Toad and Mario Party.

I.....wouldn't be?

I mean I previously thought August was for sure yoshi lol.
but sure, if NSMBU gets announced it could be.

but now I won't be surprised if they go two months or so

monoliftsoft stays winning btw.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
Now that DBFZ is confirmed for Switch, it's going to be interesting to see how it fares compared to the PS4 version in Japan. It is a 2D fighter so that doesn't really help it a lot, but Xenoverse 2 showed that the Dragon Ball audience is on the Switch so this version could end up selling more too.
Ninjala
- Multiplayer Action game
- Up to 8 players local and online
- developed and published by GungHo Online Entertainment
- Nintendo Switch exclusive
- Spring 2019 release (in the west; I assume also in Japan around that time)

Interesting. I wonder how this will perform in Japan. Having 8 player online and local multiplayer should work in its favor.

Same. I'm sure we'll get either a remaster, Wii U port or both.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New Fire Emblem character designer seems to be 倉花 千夏. She previously worked for Nitro+CHiRAL which is brand dedicated to gay visual novel. So after getting all the otaku money, Nintendo is now after the fujoshi money. Brilliant.
Prior to Fire Emblem Heroes, a lot of the fanbase were women.
Fire Emblem Heroes decided primarily tailor towards males though.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
5th year in a row for Mario Party is a new record. At least this one looks like a solid entry (and internally developed).

[WII] Mario Party 8 <ETC> (Nintendo) {2007.07.26} (¥5.524)
[NDS] Mario Party DS <ETC> (Nintendo) {2007.11.08} (¥4.571)
[WII] Mario Party 9 <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.04.26} (¥5.524)
[3DS] Mario Party: Island Tour <ETC> (Nintendo) {2014.03.20} (¥4.571)
[WIU] Mario Party 10 # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2015.03.12} (¥5.200)
[3DS] Mario Party: Star Rush <ETC> (Nintendo) {2016.10.20} (¥4.700)
[3DS] Mario Party: The Top 100 <ETC> (Nintendo) {2017.12.28} (¥4.980)
[NSW] Super Mario Party <ETC> (Nintendo) {2018.10.05} (¥5.980)

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
The highest selling Mario Party on 3DS was Island Tour with 500k+ (according to Game Data Library).

I think Super Mario Party has a good chance of surpassing that.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
I think it will cross a million easily. Looks like a strong effort and the Switch is better suited for party games.

Yeah, I was thinking that as well. The last traditional home console Mario Party (MP8) sold nearly 1.5m on the Wii. If this is truly a return to form for the franchise, which it appears to be, then I can this hitting a million as well.

My only concern is that Mario Party as a brand might have suffered from fatigue and low quality entries over the years. But they appear to be branding this differently, and it's the first Switch game in the series, so that could help it out.

Oct 26, 2017
So uuuuh... with Deamon X Machina literally being by the God Eater 3 team and the same engine being UE4... where's the beef BN? :P

It's got to be guaranteed at this point. I mean we just got FighterZ announced. It's a matter of time really.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
do we know which team is making MP is it's internal?

So uuuuh... with Deamon X Machina literally being by the God Eater 3 team and the same engine being UE4... where's the beef BN? :P

It's got to be guaranteed at this point. I mean we just got FighterZ announced. It's a matter of time really.
it's not exclusive is it?

....or is it?

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Yup. Capcom wants RE2 to be a graphical showcase. Its looking a lot better than RE7.
Similarly they wanted DMCV to look realistic but also slightly stylised as well.

I'd say they are doing a good job in entering the AAA sphere. I'm sure they're confidence has gone up after the runaway success of MHW.

Eh, they've had one success. I'm not really sold frankly. RE has always been a big AAA franchise so that's nothing new. DMC5 will do okayish. Imo they had a way better run in the beginning of the PS3/360 generation. RE5, SF4, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, MvC3 and a bunch of decent performing Wii games.

So Nintendo's niche RPG is getting a stand alone expansion retail release. Interesting.

Game looks so so good. I'm down. Hopefully they advertise it well. I wish they were doing a definitive edition though.

Actually triple post :P

Yeah, as long as it makes business sense, i dont see why Nintendo would ignore anyone. I also expect Ace Attorney to be featured in a Direct. The game might even be exclusive to Switch.

Business is business. I know we love to shit on companies as such but ultimately if someone has a product that will help you, why wouldn't you promote it?

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Eh, they've had one success. I'm not really sold frankly. RE has always been a big AAA franchise so that's nothing new. DMC5 will do okayish. Imo they had a way better run in the beginning of the PS3/360 generation. RE5, SF4, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, MvC3 and a bunch of decent performing Wii games.

I was going to say....going essentially a full calendar year between major releases doesn't strike me as particularly healthy.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
So I guess the Splatoon 2 DLC surprise release might give the game some boost in terms of sales?
Really hope that this new mech game does well too.
New Fire Emblem character designer seems to be 倉花 千夏. She previously worked for Nitro+CHiRAL which is brand dedicated to gay visual novel. So after getting all the otaku money, Nintendo is now after the fujoshi money. Brilliant.
Uh, interesting.