• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New Fire Emblem character designer seems to be 倉花 千夏. She previously worked for Nitro+CHiRAL which is brand dedicated to gay visual novel. So after getting all the otaku money, Nintendo is now after the fujoshi money. Brilliant.
Can I get a romanization of her name please?

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking Nintendo specifically here, not a single first party game between Cpt Toad and Super Mario Party.

Edit: Hell thats almost 3 months :/

There's no need for a first party in those months when there's monster hunter in august and Fifa/nba as the big sellers of the month where there was no title. It was the same as last year with Mario+Rabbids in August and Minecraft in May while this year it's January, August and September. Last year Nintendo didn't had a January and February so it's kind of unfair for this year either way

Roy83

Jan 4, 2018

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3DS 2012 1st Party Line-up:
Week 30: New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 407.503 / 1.743.791
Week 39:
Style Savvy: Trendsetters - 65.908 / 216.470
Week 45:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 603.064 / 1.969.955
Week 47:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - 121.480 / 373.699
Week 49:
Paper Mario: Sticker Star - 129.054 / 402.133

3DS 2012 3rd Party Line-up:
Week 27: Run For Money Tousouchuu - 29.630 / 337.472
Week 27:
Etrian Odyssey IV: Denshou no Kyojin - 95.506 / 148.467
Week 28:
Taiko no Tatsujin - 65.462 / 321.959
Week 29:
Rune Factory 4: A Fantasy Harvest Moon - 85.955 / 173.119
Week 41:
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy - 141.529 / 283.693
Week 48:
Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney - 128.856 / 219.454
Week 50: Inazuma Eleven Go 2: Chrono Stone - 168.179 / 314.016
Week 52:
Fantasy Life - 117.071

Switch 2018 1st Party:
Week 23: Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion
Week 25: Mario Tennis Aces
Week 28: Captain Toad
Week 38: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna: The Golden Country
Week 40: Super Mario Party
Week 46: Pokemon: Lets GO
Week 49: Smash

Switch 2018 3rd Party:
Week 25: Minecraft
Week 28: Octopath Traveler
Week 29: Taiko Drum Master
Week 32: Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires Conspiracy DX
Week 39: FIFA 19

Not dated: Yo-Kai, DQB2, Inazuma, DBFZ

I still maintain that if Yo-Kai & DQB2 both launch this year - 2018 is going to end up far stronger than 2012 in terms of software sales

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I didn't understand how the retail release of XC2 DLC works.

Will they release the DLC alone? Or is this a GOTY edition?
You buy a season pass in a box. That season pass contains two categories:

- Torna - the Golden Country story DLC
- The bonus items/mini sidequests.

The first part of the DLC (the story DLC) can be played standalone, but to use the bonus items and mini sidequests bit of the season pass, you need to have the main game.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This second half is absolutely packed in every sense of the world on Switch, line-up is pretty solid and starting from Mario Tennis, 3rd party support is starting to really ramp up.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC will be an interesting and unexpected little thing to keep an eye on. Anyone know the barometer of nicheness for a standalone DLC expansion wink-wink-nudge-nudge.

But seriously I think this is a great thing to see happen. I can only recall Luigi U as far as Nintendo releasing DLC standalone is concerned? XC2 is certainly getting the backing that a lot think it deserves.

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly don't understand why they didn't move Captain Toad to August instead of launching it same day as Octopath

It got lost in the hubbub but I think Super Mario Party is going to surprise people, game looks super polished and there's an audience for party games on Switch if 1-2 Switch's unkillable legs are anything to go by

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
You buy a season pass in a box. That season pass contains two categories:

- Torna - the Golden Country story DLC
- The bonus items/mini sidequests.

The first part of the DLC (the story DLC) can be played standalone, but to use the bonus items and mini sidequests bit of the season pass, you need to have the main game.

This is not correct, actually. The retail release includes the story DLC / expansion on a cart, but also comes with a download code for the full expansion. The wording on the NA website is a bit confusing, I'll admit.

The retail release in Japan costs 3 980 Yen + taxes, as opposed to 2 778 Yen + taxes just for the Season Pass. Makes it clear it's a cart in there, not a Download Code.

expansion-pass_list02_txt.png
expansion-pass_list01_txt.png

Not to mention, if they were just selling the Expansion Pass in a box, they'd label it as such on the box, weird to single out the story DLC (though it's obviously the biggest part).

only thing that might actually point to it being exclusive is

Because Kozaki Yusuke designed the characters? How so? He's a freelance artist, he's not affiliated with Nintendo or even Intelligent Systems.

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee pre-orders will open in July 13th in Japan.

Edit: same day for Smash Special.

There's definitely something on that day, that's too many coincidences. It's probably not what people are thinking or expecting, though.

Last edited:

ACL

Nov 18, 2017
This second half is absolutely packed in every sense of the world on Switch, line-up is pretty solid and starting from Mario Tennis, 3rd party support is starting to really ramp up.

I agree, the release schedule is quite good and Nintendo is also involved in some 3rd Party games like Octopath Traveller as well as SNK Heroines. It's also not a bad thing to space out games that appeal to a similar audience. The fighting game genre for example has games releasing to close from each other, which isn't ideal especially for this genre. Would be nice if Xenoblade 2 Golden and Valkyria Chronicles 4 benefit from Fire Emblem beeing a 2019 game, especially the latter might had been negatively affected by a close FE release. As for Yoshi, it would have been overkill, the Jump&Run genre is really packed as it is on Switch, DKCTF will continue to sell and there even still is a chance of NSMB later this year.

When it comes to 1st party output in general, it might also help to look at the actual 1st party output from the competition for some due reality check. But by now we should also know some of the people who aren't really interested in an honest discussion by their post history.

Last edited:

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Business is business. I know we love to shit on companies as such but ultimately if someone has a product that will help you, why wouldn't you promote it?
Indeed.

I agree, the release schedule is quite good and Nintendo is also involved in some 3rd Party games like Octopath Traveller as well as SNK Heroines. It's also not a bad thing to space out games that appeal to a similar audience. The fighting game genre for example has games releasing to close from each other, which isn't ideal especially for this genre. Would be nice if Xenoblade 2 Golden and Valkyria Chronicles 4 benefit from Fire Emblem beeing a 2019 game, especially the latter might had been negatively affected by a close FE release. As for Yoshi, it would have been overkill, the Jump&Run genre is really packed as it is on Switch, DKCTF will continue to sell and there even still is a chance of NSMB later this year.

When it comes to 1st party output in general, it might also help to look at the actual 1st party output from the competition for some due reality check. But by now we should also know some of the people who aren't really interested in an honest discussion by their post history.
Regarding a discussion, did you see the question i asked you earlier?

DMC5 is the 5th most viewed E3 trailer this year, my goodness that fanbase is hungry.
Is there anywhere to see a statistic over the most viewed trailers from this year's E3?