• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hannybunny24

Jun 25, 2018
Germany
The only thing I find weird about Capcom's show is the absence of Shield, a 3m game (based on forecast) planned for this year. But it could still be revealed at a Sony event or around TGS.
Shield is Monster Hunter Rise PC maybe. Because there is also a title called Shield G under MH NS G.

Edit: Maybe not quick google search says it's some multiplayer shooter for streamers. Weird. Release dates and G name would fit with MHR PC.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I don't disagree with that at all (most of your post) but again imo E3 is about more than that. But maybe it's just me

I'm companies would like to have big announcements each time but simply the timing doesn't lineup. It happens. But if showing at E3 puts more eyeballs on the games you're going to sell, well companies are just going to show up and make do. They're not going to ditch the conference because some nerds on the internet are unhappy.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for Harada tomorrow the only "big" reveal from Japan for PlayStation at this E3 was Final Fantasy Origin?

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
They had planned Switch Resident Evil for pretty soon from now and Dragon's Dogma 2 and SF6 for 2022 as of last year.

Obviously those plans could have been delayed.
SHIELD was this year too iirc. And... other minor stuff that's become MIA (MMBN Collection, MVC Collection, DMC4 Switch, RE series Cloud, etc). Based on source codes from the Ransomware leak people also speculated about MM Legends and RE Chronicles collections or remasters.

Shield is Monster Hunter Rise PC maybe. Because there is also a title called Shield G under MH NS G
Nope, it's a multiplayer shooter targeted at streamers and planned for PS/Xbox too. There were mentions of Dinosaurs too (in my head I'm imagining Dino Crisis meets Lost Planet 2).

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
I'm companies would like to have big announcements each time but simply the timing doesn't lineup. It happens. But if showing at E3 puts more eyeballs on the games you're going to sell, well companies are just going to show up and make do. They're not going to ditch the conference because some nerds on the internet are unhappy.

Well doesn't seem to benefit SE in the slightest, in fact with all the eyes on the show they gave out, probably have an opposite effect wouldn't you say?

Capcom showed off more of their games released, and I'm sure it'll give them extra sales then not showing their game at E3, but it was still a bust.

Sony (I know they have their own thing) didn't show up to E3, but I'm sure if they did what Capcom did with their presentation it wouldn't sit well at all (again my opinion)

As for the bold/underline/italic highlight, kinda excessive don't you think lol. Hope that I'm not part of the group your describing (or am I?)

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
They've had their duds in the past. Feels like they have one or two big projects and then a cheap side project in the works at pretty much all times.

Bayo 3 and Babylons Fall are their "big projects" right now, on one they spent the last 2 years making the game look worse and seems to be a confused product in terms of who it's trying to appeal to and the other has been MIA for like 4 years.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Bayo 3 and Babylons Fall are their "big projects" right now, on one they spent the last 2 years making the game look worse and seems to be a confused product in terms of who it's trying to appeal to and the other has been MIA for like 4 years.
Is Babylon's Fall that big? I would imagine Bayonetta 3 and Project GG are getting the most focus at their studio. IMO Babylon's Fall didn't look particularly great even when we saw it in the past, so I wasn't surprised it underwhelmed again.

They finished up Neir Automata in 2017, which also seems to be when they started Bayonetta 3, or shortly after they did. Astral Chain finished in 2019 and Project GG was started in 2020.

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, it's a multiplayer shooter targeted at streamers and planned for PS/Xbox too. There were mentions of Dinosaurs too (in my head I'm imagining Dino Crisis meets Lost Planet 2).
Like, i know that the only info we have so far is from the leaks, but when they say "aimed at streamers" they mean a game that's friendly for streamers, with options to customize their stream, name verification, percentage of sales from the in-game store, things like that right? Otherwise i have no idea what "aimed at streamers" mean.

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for Harada tomorrow the only "big" reveal from Japan for PlayStation at this E3 was Final Fantasy Origin?
I think so. Tekken 8 should be far off( a year or two). Every other IP from Bamco that's remotely renowned (Ace Combat, Soul halibut,etc) came in the late-cycle of this past gen(PS4/XOne). I don't expect new iterations of these franchises to be announced/launch until two years from now. The only thing Bamco might announce for near future is....... Code Vein 2?(I don't know if the team that developed Code Vein is the same developing Scarlet Nexus).

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe Ace Combat if they want to announce it two years too early again. Things like that would more likely show up at a Sony event though, I think.

P Diddy

Jul 1, 2020
Not a huge gap between shipments and sell-through (maybe like 100k at the most). Wonder why they are still reporting both sell-through and shipment figures this late into the game's sales "life".

Oct 25, 2017
In other news:
300k for GG Strive. Wonder how much of that was Japan. Maybe 10-20%? Anyway, great start for them. Really happy to see GG striving in sales(I see myself out)

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
for square as a whole, their conference stunk, but Sony seems to have marketing agreements that they'll show certain games.
so if FF16, FF7-2, Forspoken are Sony-tied/announcement tied that kind of affects the "quality" of a solo square conference.

FF origin looks soooo trash though. I'm still shocked lol.

I am going to invoke a Joker and say we wait until tomorrow. I am expecting more interesting Square stuff at Nintendo E3 Direct than during their conference.
really, why?
I could see Project triangle news, but nothing more noteworthy than their conference

I think we should legitimately ask how much talent platinum has lost since its 90 opencritic days.
I don't play many platinum games but Astral chain was deserving of it's meta imo, which was recent

Last edited:

JC317

May 29, 2018
hiska-kun
The new Media Create report for May 31 - Jun 06 is up:

m.gamer.com.tw

MediaCreate 5 月 31 日~6 月 6 日一週銷售排行榜 《迷托邦》《健身環》持續熱賣

巴哈姆特 GNN 與日本遊戲業界分析公司 MediaCreate 合作,每週定期刊載由 MediaCreate 調查與統計的日本、台灣與韓國地區家用遊樂器主機遊戲軟體的一週銷售排行榜,供玩家參考。 《健身環大冒險》 當週三地沒有新作入榜,銷售主力除了前幾週推出的《迷托邦》之外,就屬宅居健身的《健身環大冒險》最為火熱,都在三地各拿下冠軍。推出一

RPGamer2

Jul 19, 2018
Another win for a global release. Guilty Gear at 300k in a weekend for a game that is lucky to get this total in its lifetime, is simply amazing, couple that with it being part of EVO, only great things from here.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
AAA Japanese third party games that cater the Western audience can hardly make a difference in the domestic market. This has been true since 2006-2007. Hoping that some AAA Square Enix or Capcom game can somehow invert a trend is disillusion in my opinion. Just looking at the charts of the past 15 years should make clear to everyone which games are selling in Japan.

Monster Hunter World was the first and only game to date to break out in both parts of the world but was coming from huge domestic numbers.

hiska-kun

Oct 26, 2017
(Taiwan)
Media Create Sales Week 22, 2021 (31 May - 6 Jun)

01./01. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo) {2019.10.31}
02./02. [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise (Capcom) {2021.03.26}
03./03. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) {2017.12.15}
04./04. [NSW] Super Mario Party (Nintendo) {2018.10.05}
05./00. [NSW] Family Trainer (Bandai Namco Games) {2021.04.29}

Top 5

NSW - 5

(South Korea)
Media Create Sales Week 22, 2021 (31 May - 6 Jun)

01./02. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo) {2019.10.18}
02./03. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo) {2020.03.20}
03./01. [NSW] Miitopia (Nintendo) {2021.05.21}
04./04. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) {2017.12.15}
05./05. [NSW] Super Mario Party (Nintendo) {2018.10.05}

Top 5

NSW - 5

gnn.gamer.com.tw

MediaCreate 5 月 31 日~6 月 6 日一週銷售排行榜 《迷托邦》《健身環》持續熱賣

巴哈姆特 GNN 與日本遊戲業界分析公司 MediaCreate 合作,每週定期刊載由 MediaCreate 調查與統計的日本、台灣與韓國地區家用遊樂器主機遊戲軟體的一週銷售排行榜,供玩家參考。 《健身環大冒險》 當週三地沒有新作入榜,銷售主力除了前幾週推出的《迷托邦》之外,就屬宅居健身的《健身環大冒險》最為火熱,都在三地各拿下冠軍。推出一

Oct 26, 2017

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
well, despite some pessimism among fans around E3, I'd say that (looking at these MC topics and the NPD one) Nintendo surely isn't struggling to keep its momentum

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
This E3 is a different breed, hopefully Nintendo will deliver. All eyes are on them, and expectations are high

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
AAA Japanese third party games that cater the Western audience can hardly make a difference in the domestic market. This has been true since 2006-2007. Hoping that some AAA Square Enix or Capcom game can somehow invert a trend is disillusion in my opinion. Just looking at the charts of the past 15 years should make clear to everyone which games are selling in Japan.

Monster Hunter World was the first and only game to date to break out in both parts of the world but was coming from huge domestic numbers.
Now I'm curious. Are there any Japanese IP whose bread and butter was the Western market, but at some point broke out in Japan as well?

Zelda I guess qualifies?

Oct 25, 2017
Now I'm curious. Are there any Japanese IP whose bread and butter was the Western market, but at some point broke out in Japan as well?

Zelda I guess qualifies?
Does redacted qualify when the earliest ones were huge in Japan? It just that Nintendo took steps to prevent/solve Japanese decline way earlier than others pubs(Circa early 2000).

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Zelda - Japan/Global

Adventure of Link - 37%
Majora's Mask - 26%
The Hyrule Fantasy - 26%
A Link to the Past - 25%
Spirit Tracks - 24%
Ocarina of Time - 19%
Phantom Hourglass - 19%
The Wind Waker - 19%
Link's Awakening - 14%
Oracle of Ages/Seasons - 12%
The Minish Cap - 11%
Breath of the Wild Switch (as of March 2021) - 11%
A Link Between Worlds - 11%
Skyward Sword - 10%
Twilight Princess Wii - 8%

Saicho

Oct 27, 2017
If Demon Slayer Season 2 also starts in Oct, the game might debut well on PS4 but I don't think it will reach the height of OPPW 1

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017