• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
that's just the minimun it needs to chart, from the question.

what's the breakdown of the xeno2 DLC btw?

Is the season pass for everything cost 30 if you have the game.
then this is standalone with only the Golden story DLC for 40?

Got it ;)

The whole season pass is included in this release. It is interesting for people that didn't buy it yet, for people that didn't buy XC2 and for collectors.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Word of mouth for Octo Expansion will be huge I think based on what I'm playing right now. I wonder if it will have any impact on Splatoon 2 sales. I doubt a DLC can move hardware tho.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Got it ;)

The whole season pass is included in this release. It is interesting for people that didn't buy it yet, for people that didn't buy XC2 and for collectors.
ok, they'd still have to buy XB2 to access the other contents of the DLC though is what I understand. like challenge battle.

yeah since it's standalone, it'll probably do decently retail.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Will the Xenoblade 2 expansion chart in Sept?

Fire Emblem titles/subtitles are very rarely translated at all so it's not even unusual? Have you paid attention to how they localize the games at all? Haha.

Nope, I have not paid attention to the naming in English, never played them in English. I was just surprised and confused because people all of a sudden started talking about Three Houses and I had thought there was a game that I had missed in the Direct. I just looked at the names now that you brought it to my attention, and you are right, it seems like they have never bothered with translating them close to the original name.

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry to go PAL offtrack, but about Nintendo expectation about Labo, it looks like in France, they expect to sell 20% of this year sales for the games until September, I think it might be the same globally. (there are other informations for France, like console sales expectations or DKTC sales)
http://www.lefigaro.fr/secteur/high...lions-de-switch-vendues-en-france-en-2018.php

Well, that is a hope for them.

I don't see or hear any interest in Labo, but we will have to see.

If the game is nowhere to be found on the charts during the Holidays though, I hope that the Labo defenders don't move goalposts.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Sorry to go PAL offtrack, but about Nintendo expectation about Labo, it looks like in France, they expect to sell 20% of this year sales for the games until September, I think it might be the same globally. (there are other informations for France, like console sales expectations or DKTC sales)
http://www.lefigaro.fr/secteur/high...lions-de-switch-vendues-en-france-en-2018.php
Edit: oops, slightly misread.

But yeah, as everyone was saying, Nintendo isn't expecting it to sell during the non-holiday period.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
2019 should be pretty crazy on Switch:

• Animal Crossing
  • mainline Pokémon game
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Fire Emblem
  • a Mario game is a given: either NSMB collection or a new Mario Maker
  • Yoshi
  • Retro Studios game
  • Monolith Soft action game

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy

DKC is close to 100k as they worded (100k two months after release).

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
sorry not understanding.

so they expect 20% of all Switch SW sales until September to be Labo then? if so...how?

(btw, would that all-but-deconfirm NSMBU for August.)

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
sorry not understanding.

so they expect 20% of all Switch SW sales until September to be Labo then? if so...how?

No, 20% of Labo's sales this year are expected to occur between its launch and September. The remaining 80% during October-December.

Doesn't speak of Nintendo's overall software sales.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
DKC is close to 100k as they worded (100k two months after release).

wow, nice.

• Animal Crossing
  • mainline Pokémon game
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Fire Emblem
  • Yoshi
  • Retro Studios game

...man, i'm not even doing the year thing anymore.
cause we all did it last year a bunch, listing Yoshi, FE, and throwing in Animal crossing, "Retro surely by 2018 right guys", LM3, 2D Mario, Real pokemon, (at least smash came), Plus XX unannounced games.

kinda over it. I just wait for each individual direct.

from your list, I'd take off Monoliftsoft for sure,
and Retro until they show something.
Metroid, who knows if it's 2019
2D mario sounds likely, but again it always does so who knows.
Animal Crossing who knows.

Last edited:

Yep

Dec 14, 2017
sorry not understanding.

No, they expect to sell 20% of their Labo sales until September (for exemple they expect to sell 20k Labo until September versus 80k during holiday)

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
No, 20% of Labo's sales this year are expected to occur between its launch and September. The remaining 80% during October-December.

Doesn't speak of Nintendo's overall software sales.
oh. Thanks.

Seems like too much imo. Unless France is a special case.
using WW ratios, I expect Labo to be at or above 1 million by the end of Sept.

so it'd be like selling 4m from Oct to Dec.

again, that's WW ratios, but that sounds crazy when put like that. That'd be coming back from the dead to chart-topping numbers
Do we know what France's initial shipment was?

Yep

Dec 14, 2017
oh. Thanks.

again, that's WW ratios, but that sounds crazy when put like that. That'd be coming back from the dead to chart-topping numbers

30k Variety and 15k Robot

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else interested in what Ghost of Tshushima will sell in Japan? I don't know if its ceiling is 100k or 300k.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
oh. Thanks.

Well, Lavoué does say that Labo is a toy and should have a toy-like sales pattern, so we'd need a toy sales expert in here to determine whether that's a feasible thing expect.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

• Animal Crossing
  • mainline Pokémon game
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Fire Emblem
  • Yoshi
  • Retro Studios game

Strong first party efforts are always expected. If we can add a couple of important and popular 3rdParty titles to that list....then we can enter "pretty crazy" territory.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
30k Variety and 15k Robot
thanks.

if it does happen, will make for some interesting sales threads.

Well, Lavoué does say that Labo is a toy and should have a toy-like sales pattern, so we'd need a toy sales expert in here to determine whether that's a feasible thing expect.

the issue of course being it's a toy tied to a 300 console. Which of course decreases the potential audience from anyone to people with a switch.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Labo has been out for 2 months now, usually it doesn't take a retailer that long to drop the price of something they think is not meeting demand. I think retailers have a good idea of how it is selling and believe it will sell through without and drastic measures.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
that's just the minimun it needs to chart, from the question.

what's the breakdown of the xeno2 DLC btw?

Is the season pass for everything cost 30 if you have the game.
then this is standalone with only the Golden story DLC for 40?

Someone already answered, but the breakdown is:

- Expansion Pass: includes all the DLC, including the story DLC. Digital-only
- Torna ~The Golden Country stand-alone: just the story DLC on cart, fully stand-alone game. Includes a DL code to unlock the Expansion Pass in the full version of the game.

Basically the stand-alone release is more aimed at fans who want the game and the story DLC on physical format, rather than newcomers (though I guess that's just my opinion here). I bet they're expecting a fair numbers of double-dippers, too.

Oct 25, 2017
Yep; that's the first statement on that.
Fans here pointed it out but I think many didn't want to hear it.

So it might be above expectations in Japan? Maybe

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
So Persona Dancing triple pack shipment according to Famitsu is somewhere between 32-33k so they still have 5-6k to clear.
What's funny is that Dengeki only have P5D PS4 SKU charting at 45 with PS4 triple pack sales this week being lower than <877, most likely correction between the trackers, considering the very soft drop in Famitsu it's probably them that underestimated the sales in the end.

On a side note the triple pack price keep dropping on Amazon, now closing dangerously below the 10k milestone at 10800y, original price was around 17k yen.
P5D PS4 SKU is already half price as well below 4k

The PSV SKU lost value but not so much

So the "interesting charting" titles

32 32 3DS Mario Partu 100 mini-games collection Nintendo 17/12/28 1,422 206,487
35 33 PS4 Persona 5 Atlus 16/09/15 1,261 441,787
37 47 PS4 Monster Hunter : World Capcom 18/01/26 1,141 1,995,015
38 35 3DS Animal Crossing amiibo+Nintendo 16/11/23 1,122 359,510
39 46 3DS Detective Pikachu Pokemon 18/03/23 1,083 86,633
41 38 PS4 Boy SIE 18/04/20 994 100,232
43 54 3DS Kirby Battle Deluxe ! Nintendo 17/11/30 972 177,355
44 53 PS4 GTA5 Rockstar Games 15/10/08 940 377,613
47 58 Switch NARUTO-Ultimate Ninja Storm Collection for Nintendo Switch Bandai-Namco 18/04/26 894 17,934
50 56 PS4 Winning Eleven 2018 KONAMI 17/09/14 877 152,459

A few evergreen 3DS titles, Winning Eleven coming back, Naruto collection as well, GTAV still selling and Persona 5 keeping that anime effect.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
It probably can. Granblue is an IP with devoted fans, most of which are also in the PS4's target audience (20-45 y/o males). There's likely an overlap.

You would be surprised by the amount of female fans the IP has, every time they opened a store selling exclusive merchandising these past few months the vast majority of customers were 20-30y old girls. The fujoshi audience is really really strong there.

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
27 44 PS4 キングダム ハーツ -HD 1.5+2.5 リミックス- スクウェア・エニックス 17/03/09 1,633 160,074

Pawaa obu

tumblr_nq1y9rnQdC1qfi5kio1_540.gif

continues.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017

• Animal Crossing
  • mainline Pokémon game
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Fire Emblem
  • Yoshi
  • Retro Studios game

Bayonetta 3
Next Level game
SMT V

Nintendo is good for next year.
2018, though...

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

• Animal Crossing
  • mainline Pokémon game
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Fire Emblem
  • Yoshi
  • Retro Studios game
SMTV is probably next year. It has a bigger chance making 2019 than vaporware such as MP4 or Retro Studio game anyway. Bayonetta 3 too, Platinum has always been pretty efficient.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Dengeki sees Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Kingdom Hearts III as E3 big announcements for Japan, not very high expectasions for Resident Evil 2 then.
___

Nintendo completely ignored 3DS at E3. Things won't be very rosy for the remaining releases but there aren't many things that can be done since Switch up ports for Luigi's Mansion and Mario & Luigi with the current engines are out of the question.

horuhe

Oct 25, 2017
京都市
3DS is not gonna disappear at all, though.
Software as USUM are still charting and stores have store shelf space for.

Hardware-wise is collapsing, though.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
3DS software is collapsing harder than hardware this year and it's not unexpected since almost nothing comes out for it.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Since when is Metroid Prime 4 vaporware?
We see nothing but a logo. We don't even know who is developing it. Who is the director? Where is the team? I'd call it vaporware until we know at least the minimum amount of info.

I think new Monolith game will make 2019 though. They make game quick and we know a lot of people didn't work on XB2.