• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry I should have worded it better but I meant will I be able to understand the plot without having played the main game. :p

Yeah. Its a back story to what happens in the main game. That back story is largely self contained though, the main game lays out the shell but doesn't shed much light. This adds a ton of context. It is basically its own thing.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Its a back story to what happens in the main game. That back story is largely self contained though, the main game lays out the shell but doesn't shed much light. This adds a ton of context. It is basically its own thing.
Any word on if it integrates into the main story if it's DLC, or is another mode selected from the menu? Curious to see how they handle that, or if it unlocks based on story progression.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Ah, so it's a separate download even as part of the season pass? Physical would be separate obviously, I just figured it would be accessible through the main game if it was DLC.
Possibly. We don't know for sure yet. It will obviously need to check for the full game before launching though. But all signs point to it being a whole new game essentially.

Saicho

Oct 27, 2017

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I mean it might have already sold 50k. I doubt we are ever going to get those numbers. The retail release is icing on the cake. And I'd say if it sells over 10k it probably more than pays for the trouble of printing a game that is already done.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Possibly. We don't know for sure yet. It will obviously need to check for the full game before launching though. But all signs point to it being a whole new game essentially.

I expect it to be like New Super Luigi U, where the stand-alone game is accessible from the main menu. Though I guess that depends on whether the digital season pass works like the retail one (aka: story DLC playable separately, without the main game), since you can purchase DLC without owning the base game.