• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
In regards of purchasing the Pokemon Sw&Sh special edition Switch lite, is amazon Japan the only current option to pre-order in the UK?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember you making that argument in regards to DQB2, I do remember you saying that the Switch version should have done substantially better than the PS4 version because the Dragon Quest audience had been nurtured on Nintendo platforms. That's what you were getting slack for.

Also this when DQB2 legged past the PS4 version:

The switch is about 30,000 more than the PS4 SKU right now and I know you later clarified that for you "substantial" means that Switch SKU must outsell the PS4 version 3 to 2. But this was back in the PS4 had a higher install base than the Switch so I am not sure what point you are making.

I was arguing that Dragon Quest games should sell better on Switch and that its not good for it to debut lower even if it ends up over taking it by a small margin eventually(current split is ~55/45, correct me if I'm wrong) and one the defences was that the Switch's userbase was lower. When I then argued that its not good for Switch to need a bigger userbase to be in a position to sell more software for the franchise I got even more flack.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I was arguing that Dragon Quest games should sell better on Switch and that its not good for it to debut lower even if it ends up over taking it by a small margin eventually(current split is ~55/45, correct me if I'm wrong) and one the defences was that the Switch's userbase was lower. When I then argued that its not good for Switch to need a bigger userbase to be in a position to sell more software for the franchise I got even more flack.

?

In Japan DQ audience has been nurtured on PS4 for years, starting from DQH up to DQXI. In fact, it was pretty surprising to see Builders 2 doing better on Switch being the first original DQ released on the system (Heroes 1&2 and Builders 1 were late porting).

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The West will save the DQB2 split.

You joke but the UK split is actually demonstrative of the audience being aligned with Nintendo systems.
?

In Japan DQ audience has been nurtured on PS4 for years, starting from DQH up to DQXI. In fact, it was pretty surprising to see Builders 2 doing better on Switch being the first original DQ released on the system (Heroes 1&2 and Builders 1 were late porting).

We went over it at the time but DQ was Nintendo exclusive for a significant amount of time and maintained a massive presence even when they started releasing on PlayStation again. It being the first new entry on Switch specifically shouldn't matter if there's continuity of audience across Nintendo platforms.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
We went over it at the time but DQ was Nintendo exclusive for a significant amount of time and maintained a massive presence even when they started releasing on PlayStation again. It being the first new entry on Switch specifically shouldn't matter if there's continuity of audience across Nintendo platforms.

It doesn't matter. DQ audience had many more reasons to own a PS4 rather than a Switch when Builders 2 released.

You had at least 1.5m people buying DQXI on PS4 who might have had an interest in Builders 2.

The fact that DQ has been associated with Nintendo since a few years ago helped in Builders 2 selling more on Switch than on PS4. Expecting much more than that wasn't realistic.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter. DQ audience had many more reasons to own a PS4 rather than a Switch when Builders 2 released.

You had at least 1.5m people buying DQXI on PS4 who might have had an interest in Builders 2.

The fact that DQ has been associated with Nintendo since a few years ago helped in Builders 2 selling more on Switch than on PS4. Expecting much more than that wasn't realistic.

Yes that point was argued at the time, though I think the better point was that Dragon Quest Builders specifically was a PS product from inception.

Elma4Smash

Banned
Jul 15, 2019
Btw speaking of Bandai Namco-games: Were the rumors about a Switch-exclusive Ridge Racer debunked or did that game just get cancelled? We should have heard something about it otherwise?

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!

Kingdom Hearts 3's streak has ended in Superior Tracker. I repeat. Kingdom Hearts 3's streak has ended in Superior Tracker. Since its release on January 25th, it has been in the charts each week. This week is the first week without it in Superior Tracker. Damn you new releases!

Tracker said:
47 24 PS4キングダム ハーツIII スクウェア・エニック 19/01/25 - 692 - 755,559

Tracker with the save.

06. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2019.01.25} (¥8.800)

KH3 will return in Superior Tracker.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
It was supposed to be the same studio that was making Metroid Prime 4 , so maybe it's cancelled too ( i hope no)

According to Linkedin's older profiles / Eurogamer's rumour reports, Bandai Namco Singapore worked on MP4 only at the start of the project, with the development subsequently shifting back to Japan. This means they're not directly involved with the phase of development that led to Nintendo's decision of rebooting the game.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
According to Linkedin's older profiles / Eurogamer's rumour reports, Bandai Namco Singapore worked on MP4 only at the start of the project, with the development subsequently shifting back to Japan. This means they're not directly involved with the phase of development that led to Nintendo's decision of rebooting the game.
We can't really say that with certainty. It's possible development got moved to Japan because Nintendo wasn't satisfied with Singapore's work, so that the Japanese got the task to salvage the project (unsuccessfully, obviously).

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Capcom had a meeting with Nintendo before the launch of the Switch Lite and asked Nintendo not to put any extra RAM in the hardware so they don't feel more pressure to support the system.

;)
To be fair, it dont think it was only Capcom who asked for more RAM. Its the same thing when Sony made the PS4, they asked developers for feedback, and RAM was something that was brought up (i dont know if Sony planned on go with anything less than 8GB though). I think Capcom is being highlighted because they were the ones who mentioned it in a press conference that they were a part of. But if it was a request from Capcom only, Nintendo should be happy that they listened to Capcom :) If they had gone with 3GB instead, or maybe even 2GB, its possible that higher performance titles like Doom and Wolfenstein, and especially Witcher 3, wouldnt have been attempted to be made for the Switch at all. So in that case, Capcom might be sort of responsible for helping bringing more 3rd party support to the Switch hehe :P

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!

Kingdom Hearts 3's streak has ended in Superior Tracker. I repeat. Kingdom Hearts 3's streak has ended in Superior Tracker. Since its release on January 25th, it has been in the charts each week. This week is the first week without it in Superior Tracker. Damn you new releases!

Tracker with the save.

KH3 will return in Superior Tracker.
I have lit a candle for you.

#Pray4Rob

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Nintendo has announced "new" Switch model. Available from August onwards, it has much better life (4.5h to 9h).

They are doing their best to kill the sales of the system in July. Let's see if it works lol

But yeah, it's a great "free" upgrade for the original model, and probably cheaper for them to manufacture as well. I wonder if it will see an accompanying (minor, of course) sales boost as well or if the OG sales are not impacted even in a small way.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Famitsu:

Nintendo Switch/55823台(累計:850万4730台)
プレイステーション4/6768台(累計:700万7876台)
プレイステーション4 Pro/4173台(累計121万3663台)
Xbox One X/32台(累計:16199台)
Xbox One S/18台(累計:90715台)
Newニンテンドー2DS LL(ニンテンドー2DS含む)/1974台(累計:163万8290台)
Newニンテンドー3DS LL/387台(累計:588万1663台)
プレイステーション Vita/179台(586万1447台)

God Eater 3: 20k