• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 2, 2017
Switch Lite wont ever go under 200$ + 1 digital game (BF deal). There i said it. 150$ is a dream .
180$ without any game is my "top" in a few years.

LakLak

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 4, 2019
Is it really that hard to get that a handheld only revision might be designed for the country where handhelds are king.

Is it really that hard to understand a console, sold by a billion dollar worldwide company, being designed for a single country doesn't make any sens whatsoever, especially when Nintendo handhelds are selling the most outside of that country 4 times out of 5 ?

The Switch Lite isn't designed with Japan in mind, let it go, nothing support it. It's a revision of a worldwide popular model, sold by a company with a strong presence in the US, in Europe and in Japan.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
lol

I wonder how low NNK can go?

Level 5 and their bad decisions. They could have launched NNK on Switch earlier this year, using the gaps between other titles.
Now they are trying to sell a 5 years old game that you can buy for 5 dollars on PSN as a full price Switch port with no improvements in a packed time window.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Level 5 and their bad decisions. They could have launched NNK on Switch earlier this year, using the gaps between other titles.
Now they are trying to sell a 5 years old game that you can buy for 5 drollars on PSN as a full price Switch port with no improvements in a packed time window.
on PS3. the PS4 will get a full(ish) priced version as well

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
Is it really that hard to understand a console, sold by a billion dollar worldwide company, being designed for a single country doesn't make any sens whatsoever, especially when Nintendo handhelds are selling the most outside of that country 4 times out of 5 ?

The Switch Lite isn't designed with Japan in mind, let it go, nothing support it. It's a revision of a worldwide popular model, sold by a company with a strong presence in the US, in Europe and in Japan.

Why are you acting like Nintendo simply having Japan in mind when designing the Switch Lite is some outlandish statement? No one's saying they designed it only for Japan.

It's quite obvious that since Nintendo is a Japanese gaming company who has had great success with their portable systems in Japan, they would want to continue that as much as possible with the Switch, and the Switch Lite is the best way to go about it. Plain and simple.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand the logic in launching NNK directly against DQXIS. Like why??

Not only DQXIS, but also Link's Awakening on the same exact day.

Maybe it will benefit from releasing the same day as Switch Lite, but it's releasing amongst heavy (and more appealing) competition so I don't have much confidence.

LakLak

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 4, 2019
Why are you acting like Nintendo simply having Japan in mind when designing the Switch Lite is some outlandish statement? No one's saying they designed it only for Japan.

It is outlandish to think that they had Japan in mind, more than the other countries/continent where their consoles sold the most. It's as outlandish as it can be and it's crazy most people here think it's the case while nothing serious support it and numbers tell another story. Especially when you spit it out as fact, like some did earlier.

Examples :

The Switch Lite is targeted specifically at Japan.

This is a device specifically aimed at Japan.

Now, if you want to say Nintendo had Japan in mind as much as the other countries they have a strong presence in, I don't have a single problem with that because it's probably the case. Saying that the Switch Lite is aimed specifically at Japan though... Lol, no.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
It is outlandish to think that they had Japan in mind, more than the other countries/continent where their consoles sold the most. It's as outlandish as it can be and it's crazy most people here think it's the case while nothing serious support it and numbers tell another story. Especially when you spit it out as fact, like some did earlier.

Examples :
Now, if you want to say Nintendo had Japan in mind as much as the other countries they have a strong presence in, I don't have a single problem with that because it's probably the case. Saying that the Switch Lite is aimed specifically at Japan though... Lol, no.

I really don't understand how you're in a Media Create thread and yet so determinant that Nintendo wouldn't take into account more than anything, even if not by a large margin, their home country when designing a revision for their primary system.

But whatever. It doesn't matter that much to continue discussing this.

LakLak

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 4, 2019
I really don't understand how you're in a Media Create thread and yet so determinant that Nintendo wouldn't take into account more than anything, even if not by a large margin, their home country when designing a revision for their primary system.

It's vastly different to say that The Switch Lite is aimed at Japan, like some did, and say that they had Japan in mind the most, by a small margin, in comparison to other markets (USA, EUR), like you are now. I disagree with both statements, but the first one is way more "outlandish" than the second. I still don't think it's the case, especially when I look at past numbers for Nintendo handhelds.

By the way, you still think "No one's saying they designed it only for Japan." ? Because you made me quote people while you could have just read the convo.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty telling that Nintendo for the cheaper (stripped out feature wise) Switch SKU went for handheld only model instead of home console only which would have been cheaper to produce (no battery, no screen).
3DS was in a zombie state for at least the last year and half.

I think the market will decide otherwise, Japan and worldwide. You can't beat that 100$ cut and better form-factor argument.
It's a matter of different functionality.
The Lite model won't render obsolete the OG model.
Though I think Switch Lite will have a bigger impact than 2DS (to the respective console total sales).

That's actually why I think the OG model should drop to 25k yen: so that it can maintain its position as a more feature complete version without a 10k yen difference in price. A 5k yen difference should make it a bit more attractive in comparison to the Lite sku.
On the contrary.
This is a good move because if someone want a cheaper console that run Switch games now they have the option (and I bet profit margin on the Lite are still good despite the lower MSRP).
If they want the console with the "switching concept" then there is the OG model at the launch price.
Basically Nintendo isn't pressured yet to officially slash the price on the OG model to achieve huge sales thanks to the Lite model.
And the good thing (profit wise for Nintendo) is that both OG model and Lite model run the same kind of software and share the same digital ecosystem instead of being two separate platforms.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
It's vastly different to say that The Switch Lite is aimed at Japan, like some did, and say that they had Japan in mind the most, by a small margin, in comparison to other markets (USA, EUR), like you are now. I disagree with both statements, but the first one is way more "outlandish" than the second. I still don't think it's the case, especially when I look at past numbers for Nintendo handhelds.

By the way, you still think "No one's saying they designed it only for Japan." ? Because you made me quote people while you could have just read the convo.

Looking at numbers in a vacuum doesn't make sense. But someone already explained that to you.

I made you quote people? Oh please. Get over yourself and your aggressive attitude. Being designed in mind for a specific country and only having that country in mind are two different things. I can bake a vanilla cake knowing my friend's favorite flavor is vanilla, while acknowledging that the rest of the party also likes vanilla.

LakLak

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 4, 2019
Looking at numbers in a vacuum doesn't make sense. But someone already explained that to you.

There's no vaccum though. Nintendo handhelds sell the best outside of Japan, designing a handheld revision for Japan doesn't make any sens, regardless of the mental gymnastic some people want to hide behind.

You want to make profit, you design a console for countries where it will sell the most, which means the US, EUR and JPN. Plain and simple. That's what Nintendo have done with the Switch Lite, nothing screams Japan about it. It's just an handheld and Nintendo handhelds have always sold the best in US and EUR, outside of the 3DS.

Being designed in mind for a specific country and only having that country in mind are two different things.

The entire problem I have is thinking that it was designed for a specific country in mind. I mean, I said it in one of my first post on the subject. Why not read the conversation before jumping in ?

TIL being agressive is holding to his opinion and not back down when you're asked to, because of some "japanese market knowledge". I'm perfectly calm, don't expect me to say you're right when I don't think so.

Last edited:

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
There's no vaccum though. Nintendo handhelds sell the best outside of Japan, designing a handheld revision for Japan doesn't make any sens, regardless of the mental gymnastic some people want to hide behind.
I don't think it was designed specifically for Japan, but the latest Nintendo handheld sold proportionally best in Japan, and 1/3 of its total in just that one country.

This new handheld only Switch makes sense for multiple reasons in multiple countries, #1 is easier access to the platform for kids.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While the 3DS was middling success in the West, it gets lost sometimes that in Japan it's a monstrous success.

It's the 2nd highest selling video game system ever in the market I believe above any Playstation or Famicom or Game Boy (not lumping GB + GBC together) product.

The Switch will selling well in Japan is trending below the 3DS, so a portable-only concession model made sense from that POV alone, aside from it being able to function as a "for kiddies" model.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017

You want to make profit, you design a console for countries where it will sell the most, which means the US, EUR and JPN. Plain and simple. That's what Nintendo have done with the Switch Lite, nothing screams Japan about it. It's just an handheld and Nintendo handhelds have always sold the best in US and EUR, outside of the 3DS.

The entire problem I have is thinking that it was designed for a specific country in mind. I mean, I said it in one of my first post on the subject. Why not read the conversation before jumping in ?

TIL being agressive is holding to his opinion and not back down when you're asked to, because of some "japanese market knowledge". I'm perfectly calm, don't expect me to say you're right when I don't think so.
I just think you are getting tripped up by a little technicality in what we are trying to convey. The Switch Lite will be popular everywhere, but the OG Switch had a specific market deficiency in Japan that was causing it not to match up with previous Nintendo systems and this model addresses those deficiencies directly.

The Switch was doing better than either of the previous Nintendo systems in every other market up to this point outside of Japan and the Lite model will certainly help distance it further, but the 3DS is easily outpacing the Switch to this point launch aligned and all we are saying is that this should help it equalize out in this market.

Look where the 3DS is in comparison to the Switch at this point:
Switch vs PS2
2019-07-10-22-11-28.jpg

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
While the 3DS was middling success in the West, it gets lost sometimes that in Japan it's a monstrous success.

It's the 2nd highest selling video game system ever in the market I believe above any Playstation or Famicom or Game Boy (not lumping GB + GBC together) product.

The Switch will selling well in Japan is trending below the 3DS, so a portable-only concession model made sense from that POV alone, aside from it being able to function as a "for kiddies" model.

The 3DS had an emergency price cut 6 months into its life because it was doing so bad. The OG Switch's major deficiency is that it's expensive far beyond what a traditional handheld cost. I have no issue with this portable only Switch, its cool, but the comparisons to 3DS outpacing Switch start and end at the massive price difference. I don't think it has anything to do with the Switch not being portable enough or needing a handheld only version.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The 3DS had an emergency price cut 6 months into its life because it was doing so bad. The OG Switch's major deficiency is that it's expensive far beyond what a traditional handheld cost. I have no issue with this portable only Switch, its cool, but the comparisons to 3DS outpacing Switch start and end at the massive price difference. I don't think it has anything to do with the Switch not being portable enough or needing a handheld only version.

Well Nintendo's not a charity either. They have no interest in selling the base line Switch for less than the lucrative $299.99 price point they're enjoying.

The Lite model is a concession point to get a few demographics on board that wouldn't be otherwise, nothing more, nothing less.

Not a way for someone to get the full Switch experience for $200 ... Nintendo has no interest in giving that away for that price.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I actually think the Lite was made for the world more than Japan. Everyone of course, but I don' think we are quite a price sensitive as many think, and while I don't know about other countries, children are pretty responsible, are taught to take care of their things, and regularly have expensive electronics. Many of my students have iPads or MacBooks for school, and iPhones and many, if not most have a Switch. The marketing being heavily cast with foreigners also signals to me more of a global focus.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Examples :

The bottom line is the Switch was not performing up to its potential in Japan. It was doing so elsewhere, like the US and UK, but the price has been too high for the value offered in Japan. We can see this by comparing Switch sales to 3DS sales launch aligned.

There is a significant portion of the handheld market in Japan that has not bought into the Switch ecosystem.

But this isn't true elsewhere. The Switch is outselling the 3DS everywhere else. It was even outselling the DS for a long time in the US (it still might be actually). The West definitely buy Nintendo handhelds, but what you're forgetting is that the Switch already is a Nintendo handheld. It may be a console too but it's also a handheld, even if it's not officially categorized as one.

So we don't know which will sell better in the West between the Lite and the OG. The 33% price reduction is a huge boon for the Lite but it loses a lot of value compared to the OG Switch, value that the West specifically has found to be important enough to push the Switch past the 3DS.

Comparatively Japan does not value those aspects as much, since it's lagging far behind the 3DS at the moment. So Nintendo needed to come up with a product that was able to tap into that price sensitive dedicated handheld market that they haven't been able to reach in Japan, but have been able to reach in the West.

This is what we mean by saying this device is aimed specifically at Japan. This was the only way for the Switch to sell like an actual handheld in Japan, while at the same time it's selling better than a dedicated handheld in the rest of the world.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Lite was made off use metrics and to target transitioning the 3DS market, particularly kids. Both in Japan and elsewhere (where 3DS still sold 50m+).

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo is aiming for a 100m WW so they have to make sure kids and low income consumers will be able to buy a switch, at the same time switch is having an amazing time in its 3rd year without any price cuts or revisions

hiska-kun

Oct 26, 2017
Switch is selling at a higher pace than 3DS in America and Europe, but in Japan is still far behind. With this model Nintendo wants to put Japan also above 3DS like the other territories.

2019-04-25-16-39-45.jpg

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Switch is selling at a higher pace than 3DS in America and Europe, but in Japan is still far behind. With this model Nintendo wants to put Japan also above 3DS like the other territories.

2019-04-25-16-39-45.jpg

Yes, this is a great graph. This is exactly what I am trying to say LakLak . This device is more necessary in Japan than elsewhere.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan

It is really strange that even Europe is stronger than Japan. certainly very different when compared to 3DS.

I wonder if Switch platform can reach 3DS heights though, even with Switch Lite it won't be easy.

Pokemon Let's GO sales in Japan is probably a big factor in the decision of making this model.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Reaction is similar to 2DS it feels like. I wonder if PSP go or GB micro had similar responses way back when?

Both of them did. And both of them sold very few units (In the case of the GBA it was timing more than anything since it was launched after the DS).

Strange it's called the switch though. What exactly does it switch into?

It's kind of like the Super Game Boy they made for the SNES. It wasn't a Game Boy as it wasn't a portable but it played Game Boy Software. But I agree with you the non-switchable Switch is odd. In Japan though, where this think will sell like hot cakes a lot of people (unfortunately) don't know what the English word "switch" means so they won't be phased by the branding.

Last edited:

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I'd like to remind people the 2DS was made for the west and was the least popular 3DS version inspite it being much cheaper (and later) in Japan. It wasn't until the New 2DS and that it started to gain any traction here.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
That particular Lawson is a permanent collaboration between DQ and Lawson. It gets different collaboration decoration from time to time. I doubt there will be a nation wide collaboration like there was 2 years ago. But it is still a bit early to count it out.

Yeah, the Lawsons in my town just have a poster up by the counter. The original game had an advertising blitz. I mean there is still time to ramp up before release, but so far the marketing spend is significantly down.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Famitsu Sales: Week 27, 2019 (Jul 01 - Jul 07)

01./01. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2019.06.28} (¥5.980) - 83.204 / 279.357 <60-80%> (-58%)
02./00. [PS4] Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2019.07.02} (¥4.200) - 22.260 / NEW <60-80%>
03./03. [NSW] Yo-kai Watch 4: We Are Looking Up at the Same Sky <RPG> (Level 5) {2019.06.20} (¥5.980) - 19.407 / 210.504 <60-80%> (-52%)
04./00. [NSW] Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2019.07.04} (¥7.800) - 19.127 / NEW <60-80%>
05./02. [NSW] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball <SPT> (Konami) {2019.06.27} (¥6.980) - 18.719 / 94.224 <60-80%> (-75%)
06./00. [PS4] Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2019.07.04} (¥7.800) - 14.817 / NEW <60-80%>
07./05. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate # <FTG> (Nintendo) {2018.12.07} (¥7.200) - 8.968 / 3.149.468 <80-100%> (-12%)
08./08. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo) {2017.04.28} (¥5.980) - 8.183 / 2.356.972 <80-100%> (+1%)
09./09. [NSW] Minecraft # <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios) {2018.06.21} (¥3.600) - 7.234 / 837.919 <80-100%> (-7%)
10./12. [NSW] Splatoon 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2017.07.21} (¥5.980) - 6.072 / 3.105.283 <80-100%> (+9%)
11./10. [NSW] Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! / Let's Go, Eevee! # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2018.11.16} (¥5.980) - 5.733 / 1.571.688 <80-100%> (-26%)
12./07. [NSW] Doraemon: Story of Seasons <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2019.06.13} (¥6.100) - 5.625 / 71.169 <80-100%> (-36%)
13./00. [PS4] PixArk <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2019.07.04} (¥5.500) - 5.540 / NEW <40-60%>
14./00. [NSW] PixArk <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2019.07.04} (¥5.500) - 5.469 / NEW <40-60%>
15./13. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥6.980) - 5.185 / 1.353.574 <80-100%> (-4%)
16./00. [PS4] Final Fantasy XIV: Complete Pack {Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn \ Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward \ Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers} <RPG> (Square Enix) {2019.07.02} (¥5.800) - 5.030 / NEW <40-60%>
17./14. [NSW] New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe <New Super Mario Bros. U \ New Super Luigi U> <ACT> (Nintendo) {2019.01.11} (¥5.980) - 3.622 / 647.048 <80-100%> (-23%)
18./04. [PS4] Samurai Shodown <FTG> (SNK) {2019.06.27} (¥7.200) - 3.343 / 20.005 <60-80%> (-80%)
19./16. [NSW] Super Mario Party # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2018.10.05} (¥5.980) - 3.283 / 1.052.306 <80-100%> (-14%)
20./11. [PS4] Yakuza 5 <ADV> (Sega) {2019.06.20} (¥3.990) - 3.249 / 30.652 <80-100%> (-49%)
21./17. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World [Best Price] # <ACT> (Capcom) {2018.08.02} (¥4.990) - 3.196 / 67.854 <80-100%> (-10%)
22./20. [PS4] Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition <Horizon Zero Dawn \ Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds> [PlayStation Hits] <RPG> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2019.06.27} (¥1.990) - 2.133 / 5.314 <40-60%> (-33%)
23./21. [NSW] Puyo Puyo Champions <PZL> (Sega) {2019.06.27} (¥1.990) - 1.940 / 4.937 <20-40%> (-35%)
24./26. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2017.10.27} (¥5.980) - 1.755 / 1.982.368 <80-100%> (-12%)
25./25. [NSW] Yoshi's Crafted World <ACT> (Nintendo) {2019.03.29} (¥5.980) - 1.588 / 154.785 <80-100%> (-32%)
26./29. [NSW] Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2018.07.19} (¥6.100) - 1.587 / 347.320 <80-100%> (+1%)
27./28. [NSW] Kirby Star Allies <ACT> (Nintendo) {2018.03.16} (¥5.980) - 1.510 / 734.410 <80-100%> (-8%)
28./30. [3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2017.11.17} (¥4.980) - 1.365 / 2.487.235 <80-100%> (-10%)
29./06. [PS4] Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Syukufuku wo! Kibou no Meikyuu to Tsudoishi Boukenshatachi # <ADV> (Entergram) {2019.06.27} (¥7.980) - 1.353 / 10.209 <80-100%> (-85%)
30./00. [PS4] Marvel's Spider-Man [Value Selection] <ADV> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2019.03.20} (¥3.900) - 1.338 / 14.028 <60-80%>

Top 30

NSW - 19
PS4 - 10
3DS - 1

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
It's kind of like the Super Game Boy they made for the SNES. It wasn't a Game Boy as it wasn't a portable but it played Game Boy games.

Yeah, the Lawsons in my town just have a poster up by the counter. The original game had an advertising blitz. I mean there is still time to ramp up before release, but so far the marketing spend is significantly down.

Yeah, my local Lawson also only has a poster. There will be a DQ fukubiki campaign starting at the same day as 11S release at Lawson and SE locations, but it's not 11 themed prizes. http://www.square-enix-shop.com/jp/...27.632889969.1562820932-1301862312.1545429816

By this time with the original 11 launch Lawson already had their stores decorated and were selling themed karaage-kun.

kr-0506-wide_2.jpg

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
The bottom line is the Switch was not performing up to its potential in Japan. It was doing so elsewhere, like the US and UK, but the price has been too high for the value offered in Japan. We can see this by comparing Switch sales to 3DS sales launch aligned.

There is a significant portion of the handheld market in Japan that has not bought into the Switch ecosystem.

But this isn't true elsewhere. The Switch is outselling the 3DS everywhere else. It was even outselling the DS for a long time in the US (it still might be actually). The West definitely buy Nintendo handhelds, but what you're forgetting is that the Switch already is a Nintendo handheld. It may be a console too but it's also a handheld, even if it's not officially categorized as one.

So we don't know which will sell better in the West between the Lite and the OG. The 33% price reduction is a huge boon for the Lite but it loses a lot of value compared to the OG Switch, value that the West specifically has found to be important enough to push the Switch past the 3DS.

Comparatively Japan does not value those aspects as much, since it's lagging far behind the 3DS at the moment. So Nintendo needed to come up with a product that was able to tap into that price sensitive dedicated handheld market that they haven't been able to reach in Japan, but have been able to reach in the West.

This is what we mean by saying this device is aimed specifically at Japan. This was the only way for the Switch to sell like an actual handheld in Japan, while at the same time it's selling better than a dedicated handheld in the rest of the world.
Here is a crucial stat :

It seems that even in the West, even with the Switch killing it there, its audience is still very different from the 3DS'

The release slate and the lower price point will help reaching this audience.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
PS4 software ecosystem in Japan is pretty depressing. For a 8m installed base one would expect much more dynamic software sales. Instead, games come and go. There are very few evergreens, notably Minecraft and Grand Theft Auto; budget version of Monster Hunter World adds to them. This really shows the shortcomings of mainly relying on a specific audience.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
PS4 software ecosystem in Japan is pretty depressing. For a 8m installed base one would expect much more dynamic software sales. Instead, games come and go. There are very few evergreens, notably Minecraft and Grand Theft Auto; budget version of Monster Hunter World adds to them. This really shows the shortcomings of mainly relying on a specific audience.

It's going to be a lot worse on PS5 if this is an indicator on what shall come with the PS5.

I wonder if the future Monster Hunter on PS5 will reach Monster Hunter PS4 numbers.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan

But where else could 3rd parties put their games?!?

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
PS4 third party software sales have been quite strong thus far in 2019.

Ace Combat 7, Kingdom Hearts III, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Sekiro, and DMC V should all be above that niche 200k status.