• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Xenoblade 1 is more likely. Xenoblade 2 reused a lot of common monster designs from 1, so those assets already exist in HD.
they aren't going to go that far. maybe improve the character models, but changing out enemy assets wouldn't be cost effect. Xenoblade X is already in HD and on a lower selling system while XC1 is on two successful ones

LakLak

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 4, 2019

Edit: I see the link is banned. That's neogaf. You can go to Neogaf . com, go to sales archive, click Media Create, second the top thread, scroll down and click on 2015 at the bottom of the OP. That brings you to the archive for all threads.

Here are those numbers:

01./00. [WIU] Super Mario Maker # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.09.10} (¥6.156) - 143.514 / NEW <60-80%>
02./01. [WIU] Super Mario Maker # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.09.10} (¥6.156) - 83.572 / 227.086 <60-80%> (-42%)
01./02. [WIU] Super Mario Maker # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.09.10} (¥6.156) - 53.849 / 280.935 <80-100%> (-36%)

As you can see, in the short term, SMM2 isn't performing all that much better than the WiiU (about 50k higher LTD). The question remains how that will develop in the mid and long term, since Switch is quite strong in that department. I expect that by the end, it will do closer to 2M than to the WiiU or 3DS lifetime sales due to that strong long term sales potential.

Looking at mid term performance for the WiiU, the game quickly dropped to around 10k, before going up to a maximum of 97k during the holiday season. Those are the numbers to beat for SMM2: it should maintain a 15k-20k minimum sales level and break above 100k during the end of year holiday season.

Thanks, I'll use that in the future. Thanks for the additional information and shared expectation.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Anyone who wants to play Xenoblade X can for under 4,000¥, this includes the cost of buying a Wii U, the game disc, and the taxes as well.

Feb 14, 2018
they aren't going to go that far. maybe improve the character models, but changing out enemy assets wouldn't be cost effect. Xenoblade X is already in HD and on a lower selling system while XC1 is on two successful ones
Eh, Xenoblade 1 released on two successful consoles with an asterisk.

Guess what already exists in HD, too: XENOBLADE X

🤦‍♀️
I wasn't suggesting it doesn't. Doesn't the fact that X is already in HD make a more compelling case that 1 is the one that would benefit most from a remaster?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the 3k yen eshop card bundle is exclusive to the old Switch and will run indefinitely until stock is gone. A novel way of handling things, I guess. Presumably they'll make sure to have enough stock until this releases.
Weird that NA, the only country without the eshop bundle, is the first one to get the new Switch. Guessing that means supply is more limited there?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
While the latter part is true - XB hit Wii when the downtrend already began (see SS) and the other version was a n3DS exclusive and looked worse than the OG release.

There is a market for a HD XB1 on a current popular system.

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
While the latter part is true - XB hit Wii when the downtrend already began (see SS) and the other version was a n3DS exclusive and looked worse than the OG release.

There is a market for a HD XB1 on a current popular system.
Ide buy it for sure. Never played the first due to the issues finding a copy, and had no interest in a game that long on the 3ds.

Maybe a XB1 with XBX as a download for $60. Now THAT would be a good deal.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
R.I.P God Eater and Yokai Watch. The franchises that challenged their kings but flew too close to the sun.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Ide buy it for sure. Never played the first due to the issues finding a copy, and had no interest in a game that long on the 3ds.

Same - there is a reason why XB1 is like the prime example or reason for people checking out Dolphin or a way to emulate Wii games.
R.I.P God Eater and Yokai Watch. The franchises that challenged their kings but flew too close to the sun.
lol

Elma4Smash

Banned
Jul 15, 2019
Anyone who wants to play Xenoblade X can for under 4,000¥, this includes the cost of buying a Wii U, the game disc, and the taxes as well.

The same was true for any Wii U-games that got ported to Switch though.

Eh, Xenoblade 1 released on two successful consoles with an asterisk.

I wasn't suggesting it doesn't. Doesn't the fact that X is already in HD make a more compelling case that 1 is the one that would benefit most from a remaster?

Look, if it was me I'd want all Xeno-games on Switch, starting with Xenosaga HD remaster. But looking at it more realistically, Xenoblade X is the #1 game that needs yet to be freed from the prison called 'Wii U'. It's the only open world-game that rivals BotW, yet it never got the chance to shine due to the Wii U's failure. XB1 was widely available on two popular systems. It's only reasonable and fair to bring XBX to Switch first.

And I really want it. 🙈

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Why would Nintendo put two games like that for $60 and make one digital?

shut up about Bayonetta

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I'll use that in the future. Thanks for the additional information and shared expectation.
There's another site that you can use:

sites.google.com

Game Data Library

Digital IS NOT included. The SKU Option is vital for browsing the data on this page, and without choosing an option the data will appear messy, with the same game appear over and over again. The All SKUs option makes the table displays all the individual SKUs on released on the platform, which is

It currently doesn't have the last few weeks of data though.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Elma4Smash those games were released earlier before the complete price collapse on Wii U hardware and software, and MK8 sells for 3 times more, and that is after it price collapsed due to the release of Deluxe, and NSMBU never had the Luigi content included and also retails much higher (Luigi for Wii U is still expensive). The situations aren't comparable.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Sure, I sympathize with that. But I don't think Nintendo is going to seriously consider porting a game that can regularly be purchased for 540¥.

As I clearly remember saying a previous time this particular topic was discussed, a potential XCX port would only happen if XCX2 is in the works, due to the way XCX ends and the fact that XCX2 can be nothing but a direct sequel. So it would be kind of like Bayo 1 and 2 that only really got ported because of Bayo 3, and it wouldn't really matter you could get it for dirt cheap for Wii U.

Besides, it's unlikely a XCX Switch would be a straight port, it would require substantial changes (removal of touchscreen, rework of UI, etc.). Even if it was, there'd till be benefits to a Switch version (portable version, DLC included, etc.). If Nintendo bothered with Bayo, no reason to skip XCX. But as I said, no XCX2, no XCX on Switch as there'd be no point in porting it.

Elma4Smash

Banned
Jul 15, 2019
Elma4Smash those games were released earlier before the complete price collapse on Wii U hardware and software, and MK8 sells for 3 times more, and that is after it price collapsed due to the release of Deluxe, and NSMBU never had the Luigi content included and also retails much higher (Luigi for Wii U is still expensive). The situations aren't comparable.

I think it's stil not a definitive argument against XBX for Switch - so other Wii U-games kept their value better.

A Xenoblade X-port would also be more relevant for the western markets (although BotW shows there's a market in Japan, too). Nintendo introduced the Switch as a BotW-system, yet Switch isn't getting many quality open world-games. Porting XBX would be a cheap way to offer people a massive masterpiece.

I kinda agree with Lite_Agent that XBX2 would significantly raise reasins for a portc but even without an immediate sequel coming, XBX has a lot to offer for Switch-users and would bolster Nintendo's software lineup in that genre.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
As I clearly remember saying a previous time this particular topic was discussed, a potential XCX port would only happen if XCX2 is in the works, due to the way XCX ends and the fact that XCX2 can be nothing but a direct sequel. So it would be kind of like Bayo 1 and 2 that only really got ported because of Bayo 3, and it wouldn't really matter you could get it for dirt cheap for Wii U.

Besides, it's unlikely a XCX Switch would be a straight port, it would require substantial changes (removal of touchscreen, rework of UI, etc.). Even if it was, there'd till be benefits to a Switch version (portable version, DLC included, etc.). If Nintendo bothered with Bayo, no reason to skip XCX. But as I said, no XCX2, no XCX on Switch as there'd be no point in porting it.
Sure, in that situation I see it could be possible. But I think it is much more likely they would just go for continuing the better series with what they learned in 2.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sure, in that situation I see it could be possible. But I think it is much more likely they would just go for continuing the better series with what they learned in 2.
why yall gotta hurt me like this?

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
You know why I'm here
Takashi Tezuka
dx1kpyv_d.jpg

Z6eU7ZP.gif

Better Tracker said:
01./01. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2019.06.28} (¥5.980) - 54.720 / 334.077 (-34%)
The GOAT has been decreasing very slowly, this is what I call taking the gaming world by storm! Now with the new Switch model players can enjoy more than 5.5 hours of the greatest game ever made. REJOICE!
P.S. パワーファイアフラワー

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
You know why I'm here
Takashi Tezuka
dx1kpyv_d.jpg

Z6eU7ZP.gif

The GOAT has been decreasing very slowly, this is what I call taking the gaming world by storm! Now with the new Switch model players can enjoy more than 5.5 hours of the greatest game ever made. REJOICE!
P.S. パワーファイアフラワー

In lieu of Rob you should probably make it Takashi Tensaika

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I think it's stil not a definitive argument against XBX for Switch - so other Wii U-games kept their value better.

A Xenoblade X-port would also be more relevant for the western markets (although BotW shows there's a market in Japan, too). Nintendo introduced the Switch as a BotW-system, yet Switch isn't getting many quality open world-games. Porting XBX would be a cheap way to offer people a massive masterpiece.

I kinda agree with Lite_Agent that XBX2 would significantly raise reasins for a portc but even without an immediate sequel coming, XBX has a lot to offer for Switch-users and would bolster Nintendo's software lineup in that genre.

I'm all for porting all the XC games to the Switch, they're my favorite RPG games after all... but in my book XCX utilized the gamepad in a good way and I dont feel using menus to replicate that will make XCX on Switch a better experience than on Wii U. I think it will be vastly inferior in fact which is why I dont think we're going to see XCX on the Switch. Not anytime soon at least. XC would be sublime to play in HD, I want it. The 3DS port was poor and the original one while looking very good for a WII game definately was hold back by the hardware.

Just my opinion ofc but I am very much in the HD treatment for XC over XCX to Switch team.

LakLak

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 4, 2019
But the last six months are amazing. Still interesting.

Maybe Nintendo is following Microsoft's old strategy. The first half of the year is the preseason.

I wouldn't qualify it as amazing, especially after 6 month of pretty much nothing. Decent at best, especially when the more I hear about Pokemon SS, the less I want to buy it.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I wouldn't qualify it as amazing, especially after 6 month of pretty much nothing. Decent at best, especially when the more I hear about Pokemon SS, the less I want to buy it.
"Decent at best" is selling it a bit short. In the space of 6 months (starting from SMM2), we have:
- SMM2 (June 28th)
- MUA3 (July 19th)
- Fire Emblem Three Houses (July 26th)
- Astral Chain (August 30th)
- Daemon X Machina (September 13th)
- TLOZ: Link's Awakening (September 20th)
- Luigi's Mansion 3 (October 31st)
- Pokémon Sword/Shield (November 15th)
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 (November)

That's a significant slate of games in terms of exclusives, even if most of them happen to not interest you.

Oct 26, 2017
I suspect it's due to the game being made by a small studio who can't shell out for time to optimize Unity

Not to mention it might've not been greenlit until very late. Wouldn't surprise me if they only had a few months to work on it. As long as they patch it to fix as many of the issues as possible (now or eventually), it should be fine.

IronTed

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2019
Objectively the H1 for this year has been very solid for Nintendo (though the FE delay definitely hurt) from a sales pov. In Japan during May there was a slow down (though that's the slowest point of the year anyway) but things have picked back up. At least AC is next March.

Subjectively it's a moot discussion since it boils down to what people like, and what "counts" and "doesn't count". And yes, this H1 has not appealed to me much.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for porting all the XC games to the Switch, they're my favorite RPG games after all... but in my book XCX utilized the gamepad in a good way and I dont feel using menus to replicate that will make XCX on Switch a better experience than on Wii U. I think it will be vastly inferior in fact which is why I dont think we're going to see XCX on the Switch. Not anytime soon at least. XC would be sublime to play in HD, I want it. The 3DS port was poor and the original one while looking very good for a WII game definately was hold back by the hardware.

Just my opinion ofc but I am very much in the HD treatment for XC over XCX to Switch team.
the gamepad wasn't too important aside from changing your probes and fast travel. they can do that with an overlay on a hypothetical switch version. the game doesn't even stop, so that makes things easier

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017

Some infos about Famitsu's First-Half-of-2019 Top 100

01. Kingdom Hearts III
02. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
03. New Super Mario Bros. U DX
04. Resident Evil 2
05. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Super Robot Taisen T - 103,000 (PS4); 51,000 (NSW)
Dragon Quest Builders 2 - 73,000 / 237,000 (PS4); 110,000 / 275,000 (NSW)
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition - 65,000 (PS4); 41,000 (NSW)
Chobobo Mystery Dungeon: Everybuddy! - 37,000 (PS4) / 46,000 (NSW)
Atelier Lulua - 32,000 (PS4) / 17,000 (NSW)
Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists - 25,000 (PS4) / -* (NSW)

* lower than 15,000

LakLak

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 4, 2019
"Decent at best" is selling it a bit short. In the space of 6 months (starting from SMM2), we have:
- SMM2 (June 28th)
- MUA3 (July 19th)
- Fire Emblem Three Houses (July 26th)
- Astral Chain (August 30th)
- Daemon X Machina (September 13th)
- TLOZ: Link's Awakening (September 20th)
- Luigi's Mansion 3 (October 31st)
- Pokémon Sword/Shield (November 15th)
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 (November)

That's a significant slate of games in terms of exclusives, even if most of them happen to not interest you.

That's why I stated that I personally wouldn't qualify it as amazing. I'm sure it is for others.

My reasons are mainly I got spoiled by 2017 and I'm still waiting for Nintendo to deliver another year like that. 2020 maybe ? Imagine Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Nintendo Kart, BOTW2, Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, Mario Galaxy remasters... and SNES/GBA games. I'm probably just dreaming. Outisde of Luigi's Mansion, everything I see in this list range from eww to meh.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
the gamepad wasn't too important aside from changing your probes and fast travel. they can do that with an overlay on a hypothetical switch version. the game doesn't even stop, so that makes things easier

Gamepad definately made the game better.

Not saying it doesnt work, just saying it wont be as good as the Wii U version.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
That's why I stated that I personally wouldn't qualify it as amazing. I'm sure it is for others.

My reasons are mainly I got spoiled by 2017 and I'm still waiting for Nintendo to deliver another year like that. 2020 maybe ? Imagine Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Nintendo Kart, BOTW2, Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, Mario Galaxy remasters... and SNES/GBA games. I'm probably just dreaming. Outisde of Luigi's Mansion, everything I see in this list range from eww to meh.
The previews for FE 3 houses have been very positive. Seems like a 85+ game on MC, far from a "meh".

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Ni
Objectively the H1 for this year has been very solid for Nintendo (though the FE delay definitely hurt) from a sales pov. In Japan during May there was a slow down (though that's the slowest point of the year anyway) but things have picked back up. At least AC is next March.

Subjectively it's a moot discussion since it boils down to what people like, and what "counts" and "doesn't count". And yes, this H1 has not appealed to me much.
This is a sales thread and from sales point H2 is stuffed for both hardware and software.

Going further even if Animal Crossing is the only Q1 release that's still the biggest Q1 for Switch by far.