• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gearkeeper 8A

Oct 27, 2017
About difficult in srpg fft is one of the most inbalaced to ever exist, you can break the game very early and the game gifts you overpowered units that can break the game on their own.

Bayouswampman

Banned
Oct 27, 2018
Which makes me wonder of the real impact of Sony censoring on the japanese market. I remember reading about it was "awful" because it would kill many devs and games.

It goes without saying that Sony being less leniant about their censoring policies is the absolute right thing to do, but what about the real impact when it comes to sales and all those "concern" ? I feel like there is mostly none impact whatsoever and it's just a win-win situation for everyone, except a handful of people.

Pqube got fucked over massively when Sony killed Omega Labyrinth Z literally as it was ready to launch and they had to flush everything they spent on it down the drain. Likewise Senran Kagura Se7en is either scrapped or in development hell because of Sony and was one of the reasons the producer jumped ship from Marvelous.

Then there we the stories about the smaller VN devs who had their all-age VN ports delayed because they had to censor their games even further in order to appeal to people in the west where these games were never ever going to be released anyways.

Remember when everyone got up in arms when Ubisoft was going to censor Rainbow Six to appease China? Its the same concept. Why should games in Japan be censored to appease westerners?

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Like I said it won't make a difference it someone sees only what he wants to see.

The conclusion for Switch third party support three years in is that there is a drastical increase at output from 3DS and WIi U, physical and digital, competing or surpassing Sony consoles in quantity for first time in many years.

What is strange is that this increase comes mainly from publishers connected to Sony before. Traditional bigger players that were closer to Nintendo treat Switch many times as secondary console, leaving it out of AA/AAA line like Bandai Namco or ignoring it completely like Capcom.

It hasn't been that strange. Nintendo has sought out third party support with the Switch because of how bad things were with 3DS and Wii U. (Reference 1)

Most of the smaller publishers have welcomed being approached by Nintendo to bring even their non-family friendly titles. (Reference 2) (There's also a quote in there about Nintendo wanting major titles from a Japanese publisher *cough* Capcom*)

Smaller publishers have expressed that Sony isn't friendly with them. (Reference 3)

This is further reinforced by the fact that Sony is focusing on relationships with the bigger publishers at the start of Next Gen with PS5. (Reference 4)
________

Before anyone mentions Falcom regarding smaller publishers, I only have two words to say: Toshihiro Kondo.

Last edited:

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Before anyone mentions Falcom regarding smaller publishers, I only have two words to say: Masayuki Kato.

ftfy

to be more clear, i think if there was some bad blood, it was between kato and yamauchi. that would have started falcom down their current path of not seriously establishing an audience on nintendo platforms post-sfc. kondo's just kinda along for the ride.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
ftfy

to be more clear, i think if there was some bad blood, it was between kato and yamauchi. that would have started falcom down their current path of not seriously establishing an audience on nintendo platforms post-sfc. kondo's just kinda along for the ride.

Unfortunately I don't know much of the former president/current chairman of Falcom.

Just when you read about Kondo interviews you learn how: He was a Falcom fan before he joined the company, the former president picked him to lead the company because he felt it should be run by a fan, and that Kondo has stated their fanbase is on PlayStation platforms.

This gives the impression that no risk would be taken to go multiplatform when they used to create PS4 and Vita titles.

Meanwhile, all these other small publishers known for being Sony supporters have gone multiplatform with supporting at least Switch and PS4.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll note, although at the end of the day, Sony's ultimately allowed to regulate content on their platform, I have to absolutely admit how some of the policies have been implemented have been absolutely nonsensical. The biggest hurdle is the fact content checks are conducted in English, as well as all information needs to be written and provided in English. So not only do you need to be concerned about CERO, you also need to have money set aside for content checks by Sony, as well as possibly having a translator.

This can definitely be a huge hurdle for smaller publishers and devs, even if there's no active risk of Devs having to make any modifications.

I've only heard of this happening in ONE scenario, but one developer was reportedly forced by Sony to translate the whole game into English (fairly text heavy visual novel game, if I recall, though name is escaping me) and it was something that the devs themselves had no intentions of localizing. So that was fairly cost intensive on top of CERO and Sony checks as well.

I think another issue to is the content checks and how they're regulated are really inconsistent and there's no real way to account for what Sony may potentially look for. It seems vague from what it sounds like. It also sucks because technically some games after they've been required changes, theoretically could get a lower CERO rating at this point, but it'd probably be two costly to do a content check for the modified version, so I'd imagine they just opt to go for the one size fits all check and be done with it.

Also apparently I learned CERO's checks for games is still fairly backwards compared to most industries, where content and submissions can be done digitally, where CERO apparently requires stuff still mailed in. So that has to be fun too.

But yeah, that's my biggest issue with Sony's policy. They're free to regulate, but there's should be more support for territories where English isn't a strongly supported language for these checks and regulations, as well as more clear cut information about what to expect and what could possibly be changed.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
By end game, yes. But most of the game is not end game and you must be weary of the weapon triangle for most of the game. Whereas very very early in FE3H you can get access to large AoE heals and large AoE buff that gives +5 movement which basically takes away anything that could be considered a challenge. For players such as myself who love hard challenging SRPGs there hasn't been much of anything in awhile that could compare with FFT.

Uhm FFT is easy from start to finish. It's actually one of the easier SRPG series out there. If you want difficult, go play the original Hoshigami on PS, or even older FE. FE3H hard difficulty is about equal difficulty wise to FFT.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
Uhm FFT is easy from start to finish. It's actually one of the easier SRPG series out there. If you want difficult, go play the original Hoshigami on PS, or even older FE. FE3H hard difficulty is about equal difficulty wise to FFT.
Haha. No. FFT does not allow you to undo your mistakes. FFT does not have a easy way to have 5 additional movement to your party. FFT isn't so crazily unbalanced where you can have a physical tank or magic tank simply take 0 damage.

Are you referring to the FFT remaster by chance? Cause I play the original PSX version.

And the only FE that was of slight challenge to me was 6 I believe. The one where enemy reinforcements attacked the same turn they appeared. Everything else was just a simple matter of exploiting brain dead AI to attack where you have the advantage and using simple map choke points.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
sony's been offering me a shitload of bias confirmation in the last couple of years. to be fair, it turns out it was basically scea that was the culprit, but they seem to have full control over the steering wheel now instead of deciding for their region if a game is 3d enough or should be part of a compilation or if it's hd enough. all that arbitrary bullshit seemed specifically targeted at japanese publishers and small localization studios - or was the byproduct of creating their brand one of the bleeding edge of technology, and not a place where everyone could succeed. despite their practices, it was the broadness of the psx and ps2 platforms that allowed for success from basically any genre or any publisher. there was so much growth in the rpg genre, sandbox genre, and action genre because a psx or ps2 game could be almost anything.

i'm not sure when this changed, but the language around the psp in the west was a specific indicator of where the direction would be heading. sure scea was quietly killing the chances of 2d games and their policies quietly killed working designs, but saying out loud that the psp would bring handhelds out of the gaming ghetto was putting a megaphone up to their mouths and declaring what they really thought of the industry. and even when the psp turned out to be insufficiently future-proof and had not and would not ever achieve this goal, scea was still in the process of stonewalling localizations that weren't part of their brand. around the time disgaea 3 was initially blocked behind the scenes and sakura wars 1+2 weren't allowed on psp because they were seen not as games but as text novels. who knows why this shitty decision making fell away. maybe it was the vita being such an obvious failure in the west that scea/siea didn't care about whatever games came to it. maybe they had simply given up on handhelds as a whole early on and didn't tell japan, so they super didn't care about what was coming to vita.

but maybe they should have actually paid attention because the moment they looked away, the vita brand became known for niche japanese games siea didn't care about and worse: gross shit that no one should care about. it's probably their specific negligence to the handheld market that fostered the audience no one should want. but when they went to fix it they did it in the way that required the least amount of effort from them.

and going forward if they don't foster relationships with smaller companies, this fanbase can be wiped clean from the start. if they want, siea can just secure those big japanese games that they care about (basically, final fantasy, from software's games, and capcom's stuff), and finally truly secure their brand as the one on the bleeding edge of technology. in doing so, they'll have a fanbase of whales and superwhales and developers making mobile-as-console games that vacuum all that sweet sweet revenue out from them. anyone else can just stick around and dine on the leftovers.

tl;dr:
-scea wants their brand to be about bleeding edge cool cinematic things
-psx era: no 2d games; ps2 era: gotta be in a compilation; ps3 era: gotta be hd; psp era: no text-based games
-sometime around 2009 or so after the psp had failed, scea stopped caring about the handheld market in general
-scea's inattention to the handheld market led to the rise of a fanbase they didn't care about
-scea's inattention also meant they didn't do anything about this fanbase because they didn't care about the handheld market
-ps vita came and went, but now they were stuck with this thing they should have probably paid some attention to
-siea now has to do some work to scrub this, but they do it pretty sloppily
-siea also just wants whale and superwhale money, so ps5 can probably get rid of those guys from the start (and everyone else!)

Last edited:

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
Of course I'm stretching the way of thinking, but for a failed console, the PSP sold, AFAIK, around 70m of units. It's not like Sony went and said "it sold less than a half of a Nintendo product, so it's a utter failure".

Nintendo would love 70m failure with Gamecube, or even Wii U.

LakLak

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 4, 2019
LakLak, censor your own country, leave others alone, imperialist.

I'm not censoring anyone or anything. Only saying Sony is perfectly right to take some stuff seriousely and starting to censor games that shouldn't be on their store because the content is either borderline or straight despicable. It should even have happened sooner. It's not just about Japan, it's about everyone. Progressiveness shouldn't care about frontiers.

Remember when everyone got up in arms when Ubisoft was going to censor Rainbow Six to appease China? Its the same concept. Why should games in Japan be censored to appease westerners?

Maybe because it's not only about the west, but just about some minimal decency regarding some borderline content.

Of course I'm stretching the way of thinking, but for a failed console, the PSP sold, AFAIK, around 70m of units. It's not like Sony went and said "it sold less than a half of a Nintendo product, so it's a utter failure".

Nintendo would love 70m failure with Gamecube, or even Wii U.

Don't worry, nobody think seriousely the PSP was a failure.

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
Progressiveness shouldn't care about frontiers.

9d5.png

I'm sorry, but can I ask where are you from?

Yeah, because censorship was the most non-progressive stuff that my country ever faced on it's history.

LakLak

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 4, 2019
9d5.png

I'm sorry, but can I ask where are you from?

Yeah, because censorship was the most non-progressive stuff that my country ever faced on it's history.

It doesn't matter where I come from, purging an online store from despicable and borderline content is what every store should do, regardless of the country. That's a progress and it has barely anything to do with soviet censoring. We also censor stuff on Resetera, for very good reasons. I don't even know if we should speak about censoring, "curating" should be the word we use.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Progressiveness shouldn't care about frontiers.
It's progressive to have a secret, unclear policy of censorship that makes dev's lives harder and gives the big company more control over them?
It doesn't matter where I come from, purging an online store from despicable and borderline content is what every store should do, regardless of the country. That's a progress and it has barely anything to do with soviet censoring. We also censor stuff on Resetera, for very good reasons. I don't even know if we should speak about censoring, "curating" should be the word we use.
These censored games are still on the store though...and the content is just covered up in many cases. They aren't taking much of a stand. Also Trish's butt is despicable content?

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Haha. No. FFT does not allow you to undo your mistakes. FFT does not have a easy way to have 5 additional movement to your party. FFT isn't so crazily unbalanced where you can have a physical tank or magic tank simply take 0 damage.

Are you referring to the FFT remaster by chance? Cause I play the original PSX version.

And the only FE that was of slight challenge to me was 6 I believe. The one where enemy reinforcements attacked the same turn they appeared. Everything else was just a simple matter of exploiting brain dead AI to attack where you have the advantage and using simple map choke points.

Im referring to original on PSX. It's an easy game. Maybe you just haven't played hard SRPG, but FFT is nowhere close to the word hard. Hardest FE at default difficulty is FE5, and if you play any lunatic difficulty, I don't even know how you want to compare FFT here ....

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo

What is despicable is the way western games aggrandize and depict militia and murder, truly the epitome of civility. The west does love going about civilizing the savage other. How about you judge what is appropriate for your county, and let us do the same. The people in California controlling the PlayStation department can do whatever they want, doesn't mean we have to agree with it.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
What is despicable is the way western games aggrandize and depict militia and murder, truly the epitome of civility. The west does love going about civilizing the savage other. How about you judge what is appropriate for your county, and let us do the same. The people in California controlling the PlayStation department can do whatever they want, doesn't mean we have to agree with it.
Is he talking about the censoring of games that sexualise minors? If Sony Sony absolutely should censor that stuff. It's disgusting and anybody who's into it should be ashamed of themselves.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Is he talking about the censoring of games that sexualise minors? If Sony Sony absolutely should censor that stuff. It's disgusting and anybody who's into it should be ashamed of themselves.
If only that was Sony's policy and not some vague and secret one that censors whatever they feel like.

Nov 2, 2017
The only SRPG that i have played, is Fire Emblem Awakening. i played it at max difficulty not knowing what perma death really mean, i could not believe a Nintendo game being so Hard, and i loved it. The first "intro" level took me 3 hours, there i knew that i wanted that lvl of difficulty but didnt want to let die any of my characters, so i did restart the level every single time one of my chars died. (That make the game even harder i could not use death as strategy). but then the second stage comes, and it took me 18 hours to clear it without losing any char.... after that.. it took me like 50 hours to get to the 5th stage.
So i think FE:A got just the right amount of difficulty as it is.
In other topic, im a pro in CIV 5 AND 6. and those game sucks... i hate firaxis. The A.I is the most incompetent in any game ever. The most easy FE pales in comparative of what CIV 6 is today.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
User Banned (1 Month): Bad Faith False Equivalence About Sexualized Depictions of Minors

Speaking of sexualized minors, I was watching Stranger Things (neat show) and saw there was a lot of 13 year olds (real ages 15-17) kissing on top of beds, and the slightly older ones in depictions of staring to have sex. That too is prohibited isn't it?

There is no double standard here? Right?

Bayouswampman

Banned
Oct 27, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Trolling and Inflammatory False Equivalence Surrounding Sexualized Depictions of Minors; Account in Junior Phase
Speaking of sexualized minors, I was watching Stranger Things (neat show) and saw there was a lot of 13 year olds (real ages 15-17) kissing on top of beds, and the slightly older ones in depictions of staring to have sex. That too is prohibited isn't it?

There is no double standard here? Right?

Life is Strange 2 has a sex scene between two underage characters but thats perfectly okay. What you have to watch out for is the pictures of fictional cartoon girls (voiced by actresses in their twenties and thirties) who look absolutely nothing like an IRL humans do. Thats whats really ruining the youths

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Life is Strange 2 has a sex scene between two underage characters but thats perfectly okay. What you have to watch out for is the pictures of fictional cartoon girls (voiced by actresses in their twenties and thirties) who look absolutely nothing like an IRL humans do. Thats whats really ruining the youths
How about not trying to rationalize child sexualization?
SO HOW WAS THE LAUNCH EVENTS FOR FIRE EMBLEM.
Omega derail life.

Apparently it's having stock issues in America. Seems fine in Japan though.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sony's been offering me a shitload of bias confirmation in the last couple of years. to be fair, it turns out it was basically scea that was the culprit, but they seem to have full control over the steering wheel now instead of deciding for their region if a game is 3d enough or should be part of a compilation or if it's hd enough. all that arbitrary bullshit seemed specifically targeted at japanese publishers and small localization studios - or was the byproduct of creating their brand one of the bleeding edge of technology, and not a place where everyone could succeed. despite their practices, it was the broadness of the psx and ps2 platforms that allowed for success from basically any genre or any publisher. there was so much growth in the rpg genre, sandbox genre, and action genre because a psx or ps2 game could be almost anything.

i'm not sure when this changed, but the language around the psp in the west was a specific indicator of where the direction would be heading. sure scea was quietly killing the chances of 2d games and their policies quietly killed working designs, but saying out loud that the psp would bring handhelds out of the gaming ghetto was putting a megaphone up to their mouths and declaring what they really thought of the industry. and even when the psp turned out to be insufficiently future-proof and had not and would not ever achieve this goal, scea was still in the process of stonewalling localizations that weren't part of their brand. around the time disgaea 3 was initially blocked behind the scenes and sakura wars 1+2 weren't allowed on psp because they were seen not as games but as text novels. who knows why this shitty decision making fell away. maybe it was the vita being such an obvious failure in the west that scea/siea didn't care about whatever games came to it. maybe they had simply given up on handhelds as a whole early on and didn't tell japan, so they super didn't care about what was coming to vita.

but maybe they should have actually paid attention because the moment they looked away, the vita brand became known for niche japanese games siea didn't care about and worse: gross shit that no one should care about. it's probably their specific negligence to the handheld market that fostered the audience no one should want. but when they went to fix it they did it in the way that required the least amount of effort from them.

and going forward if they don't foster relationships with smaller companies, this fanbase can be wiped clean from the start. if they want, siea can just secure those big japanese games that they care about (basically, final fantasy, from software's games, and capcom's stuff), and finally truly secure their brand as the one on the bleeding edge of technology. in doing so, they'll have a fanbase of whales and superwhales and developers making mobile-as-console games that vacuum all that sweet sweet revenue out from them. anyone else can just stick around and dine on the leftovers.

tl;dr:
-scea wants their brand to be about bleeding edge cool cinematic things
-psx era: no 2d games; ps2 era: gotta be in a compilation; ps3 era: gotta be hd; psp era: no text-based games
-sometime around 2009 or so after the psp had failed, scea stopped caring about the handheld market in general
-scea's inattention to the handheld market led to the rise of a fanbase they didn't care about
-scea's inattention also meant they didn't do anything about this fanbase because they didn't care about the handheld market
-ps vita came and went, but now they were stuck with this thing they should have probably paid some attention to
-siea now has to do some work to scrub this, but they do it pretty sloppily
-siea also just wants whale and superwhale money, so ps5 can probably get rid of those guys from the start (and everyone else!)
On the "HD enough" part, this also included screen space use. Since HD was 16:9, this meant a lot of games that may not utilize the full space were not going to make it to the PS3, most notably, shmups. Shmups, especially vertical shumps hardly make use of the 16:9 ratio and have a lot of empty space on the sides, so where do they go when rejected? The Wii was too restrictive in both performance and download space, not to mention the rules requiring an office or whatever to get their games on the platform, and you also may need a publisher. Which left the Xbox 360, which became a haven for all kinds of shmups last gen.

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, did not expect to go into this thread and see it defending pedo games.

Nowi and characters like her should never be allowed on game systems unless the point is to attack and criticize the character types. They are solely there to pander to pedophiles. It's really gross.

Eleven on Stranger Things is doing normal kid stuff, these characters are designed to want adults to jerk off to them.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Pointing out a double standard is rationalizing it?
What you have to watch out for is the pictures of fictional cartoon girls (voiced by actresses in their twenties and thirties) who look absolutely nothing like an IRL humans do. Thats whats really ruining the youths
Really now? A lot being done to justify it in your post.
Is there a thread about it or is it in the OT which is far too long to search for? Just a question, would love if it sells well, i'm loving it
You can see it on Amazon US. Also check the NPD thread for June. https://www.resetera.com/threads/np...ng-2-switch-1-hw.129811/page-12#post-23115725
Now it could be the original stock was just small but we'll find out eventually.

Gearkeeper 8A

Oct 27, 2017

Ninja with the ability that ignores height breaks the game, monk can literally teleport, summoner and calculator are stupid on their own not to mention THUNDER GOD orlandu and agrias, the game is too easy to break because op abilities and free grind outside of some chapters but that is the fun of the game.

Oct 26, 2017
Comparing a sex scene between two 16 year olds in a game that doesn't really sexualize them to little kids that are clearly there to be jerked off to is honestly super gross and really freaky!

Here's the thing

Everyone has sex

Adults shouldn't fuck kids and will hopefully go to prison if they do (though they rarely do).

Pretty clear line, folks.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
On the "HD enough" part, this also included screen space use. Since HD was 16:9, this meant a lot of games that may not utilize the full space were not going to make it to the PS3, most notably, shmups. Shmups, especially vertical shumps hardly make use of the 16:9 ratio and have a lot of empty space on the sides, so where do they go when rejected? The Wii was too restrictive in both performance and download space, not to mention the rules requiring an office or whatever to get their games on the platform, and you also may need a publisher. Which left the Xbox 360, which became a haven for all kinds of shmups last gen.

that's an interesting theory. if it was company-wide then that might have been why that happened. it could have just been as simple as the xbox 360 being super easy to develop for from superniche devs who were on pc mostly. i think this is really where the 360 found success in japan - appealing to developers that were normally on pc and trying to explore the console world. ps3 was notoriously difficult to develop games for, and the wii would have been new architecture too, but if the 360 was close enough, and because the japanese 360 userbase was big enough to support small efforts, niche genres could grow and flourish in this smaller ecosystem. then after the 360 died out and the vita was released, those devs making visual novels, drpgs, and other niche genres would have flocked to vita.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
What is despicable is the way western games aggrandize and depict militia and murder, truly the epitome of civility.
This has always been weird to me. Way too many games trivialize that kind of stuff.

If only that was Sony's policy and not some vague and secret one that censors whatever they feel like.
Pretty much.

Glad MC forgot about MH and DQ12 2D S edition.
That would certainly spark discussion, though it probably wouldn't be positive.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
The only SRPG that i have played, is Fire Emblem Awakening. i played it at max difficulty not knowing what perma death really mean, i could not believe a Nintendo game being so Hard, and i loved it. The first "intro" level took me 3 hours, there i knew that i wanted that lvl of difficulty but didnt want to let die any of my characters, so i did restart the level every single time one of my chars died. (That make the game even harder i could not use death as strategy). but then the second stage comes, and it took me 18 hours to clear it without losing any char.... after that.. it took me like 50 hours to get to the 5th stage.
So i think FE:A got just the right amount of difficulty as it is.
In other topic, im a pro in CIV 5 AND 6. and those game sucks... i hate firaxis. The A.I is the most incompetent in any game ever. The most easy FE pales in comparative of what CIV 6 is today.

if you have a wii, you should hunt down path of radiance and radiant dawn.

apparently thracia 776 holds the crown for difficulty in the series and probably genre.

Oct 26, 2017
Civ6's AI is terrible and a joke but the game's AI is also trying to juggle roughly 6000 systems at once.

It doesn't do anything intelligently in any of those 6000 systems but you can imagine doing this being hard.

Whereas Fire Emblem's AI just has to attack the weakest character and exploit weaknesses and be good enough.

Like, outside of reinforcements, I'm not sure 90% enemies have any AI that goes beyond

If no characters in attack range:
Do nothing
elif characters in attack range and are weak to available move:
Attack character with weakness with your weakness exploiting move.
else:
Attack character that will lose the highest % of HP due to attack.

The game places enemies in a way that makes these very basic routines good enough and you can have pretty focused level design to allow these routines to exhibit interesting enough behavior.

But Civ is randomly generated and has 6000 gameplay systems that the AI has to be concerned about.

Last edited:

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
In regards to Sony's policy it's pretty unclear what the rules and regulations are regarding to the content allowed and not to us om the outside. I would imagine the devs have a much more comprehensive set of guidelines. The only real issue I have with it is that everything has to be submitted in English and that's a strain on smaller developers who aren't based in primarily English speaking countries who now have to pay for translation of games they may not have localized.

In regards to shit like Omega Labyrinth and these other games depicting underage girls, I legit don't care if these devs are suffering financial losses or issues releasing their games. Zero empathy. Stop releasing this shit, stop trying to pass it along and you wont have these issue. Just fucking stop making it. And if you don't and the platform holders decides to step in and ensure it's not released on their ecosystem, fucking too bad for you.

The whole "Western game glorify violence" is such a tiring deflection. So? What is your point?

Jenos

Oct 27, 2017
You can see it on Amazon US. Also check the NPD thread for June. https://www.resetera.com/threads/np...ng-2-switch-1-hw.129811/page-12#post-23115725
Now it could be the original stock was just small but we'll find out eventually.

Thanks, of course it was in the NPD thread. That being said, since you are discussing it and i'm 20 h into the game i can vouch for the fact that there are no conversation yet were you romance a 2000 years old dragon looking like a kid. It has been incredibly tactful su far regarding that subject. (tea time is not so bad in my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt, but i never felt bad abut it, and never felt bad at all during support conversation)

Oct 26, 2017
Three Houses is a lot more tasteful than the last two games.

Like.... way more.

The women in Three Houses are incredibly well endowed (jesus christ Byleth), but like... I'll take it with no petting and no incest and no pedobait.

So I'll be glad if it does a lot better than the Awakening and Fates worldwide.

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 month): Inflammatory False Equivalence Surrounding Sexualized Depictions of Minors

I find it funny that people get so up in arms about this kinda thing when those same minors can get dismembered or worse in games. So it's okay for us to kill these minors, but not see them naked?

Oct 26, 2017
I find it funny that people get so up in arms about this kinda thing when those same minors can get dismembered or worse in games. So it's okay for us to kill these minors, but not see them naked?

Outside of like Days Gone (and Days Gone has zombified kids) and Fallout, there are not many kids you can just randomly kill for no reason... The children are sometimes killed for dramatic effect but uhhhhhhhh, drama and story telling is a little different than a child that was put in your game for pedophiles to jerk off to.

Slight difference there.

Nov 2, 2017
If no characters in attack range:
Do nothing
elif characters in attack range and are weak to available move:
Attack character with weakness with your weakness exploiting move.
else:
Attack character that will lose the highest % of HP due to attack.
You work for Firaxis? is that a leak?

The thing is, in Civilization V during the medieval,Renaissance, industrial and modern era, the enemy could destroy 1 or 2 of your cities in a surprise naval attack ( i always build really big empires, my army cant be everywhere), but then late game (700+ turns in marathon 30++ hours) the enemy A.I does a "firaxis" and it just break,
  • every single civilization uses the Air planes as collective kamikaze.
  • every single civilization uses the apostle as a loner kamikaze
  • India uses nukes as a meme, but the rest dont really use them as part of any strategy. sometimes they dont have any military unit, but spend all the production in building nukes, so they cant really conquer anything.
And Civilization VI is even worse. i wont even start. im already mad.....

Oct 26, 2017
Civ's AI is horrible and it's the main issue with the series and I would be willing to take Civ7 being always online if they could stream super high quality AI to everyone's games.

But it still has a ton it has to do whereas Fire Emblem's AI has to do almost nothing.

Nov 2, 2017
I hate those two games. but i have spend 3000+ hours in them. so i know what you are talking about. Governors are fun, religions are fun early game, horses is the only thing that has a little more work in the A.I. BUT..... no i wont start. haha