• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Switch 2020 already 187k ahead of 2019. Considering Q4 (FY) last year were very weak, I think it can hold this difference and with AC release date approaching, at least during this first quarter of the year, Switch 2020 will be ahead of Switch 2019.
Do you mean in terms of releases? Because last year's sales were quite strong during this quarter (which also is what makes these current Switch numbers so impressive).

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Damn TMS. Japan didn't take the changes well.

Hope the rest of the world receive it better.

Even if the changes were not there the game would have bombed. It's simply an undesirable game and no console no matter how big the installed base is would have saved that game, period. They could include all the vagina bones in the world and no one would care.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
What? Switch 2019 Q4 wasn't weak at all... I don't mean to offend, but it seems like you're always reading some parallel-world version of these threads.

Anyway, amazing week 3 Switch and RingFit sales.

Remember he said FY so he's referring to jan-mar. I might be forgetting something but it wasn't particularly strong last year was it?

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
yeah but it is nevertheless weird. Because this game has very good mouth over mouth receiption, so it should perform better in january as well I guess.
Yeah, definitely strange. Can't think of anything but maybe people held onto their money for Pokemon to release two weeks later? Could be a load of bull though lol

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Even if the changes were not there the game would have bombed. It's simply an undesirable game and no console no matter how big the installed base is would have saved that game, period. They could include all the vagina bones in the world and no one would care.
I don't see why not. It seems like a solid JRPG that is well-received by people who actually play it.

Localization issues apparently had a negative impact.

Oct 27, 2017
Only 2,1K PS4 versus 4,1K for PS4 Pro seems somehow unusual, unless there was some price cut remaining for the Pro model ?

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I don't think any console has had a peak 5th year, so 4th should be peak
I dunno, I could see Switch's peak year being next year depending on a lot of different factors. There's still things like pro model, price cut, BOTW2, next 3D Mario, and potentially 2D Mario or Mario Kart games they could put out. 2021 should also see a new Pokemon game of some sort (probably remakes).

I know pretty much everyone is down on the odds of another Mario Kart for Switch, but if Tatsumi Kimishima was serious about the Switch having a long life, something like Mario Kart 9 launched with bundles and a price drop in 2021, along with Breath of the Wild 2 and a pro model, would do wonders for sales.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see why not. It seems like a solid JRPG that is well-received by people who actually play it.

I'm not convinced that pro-vagina bones was anything more than statistical noise. There were rpgs that sold better on the Wii u and this game didn't match that.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Switch will peak this year probably.

Man, when you see those numbers and then look at Japanese publishers decisions... lol.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
The new release numbers do feel underwhelming across the board, and all the new releases feel like games where the Japanese performance matters a lot besides DBZ which will probably perform pretty well in a lot of places. I guess the hope for TMS is that it looks like it had an incredibly small shipment so maybe some combination of very low expectations + higher than usual digital numbers will make it look a bit less bad than it currently does. It's a shame because it's a very good game.

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019
Switch HW sold 970k last year from January to end of March. Those were great sales, so it is very impressive that its sales are even higher this year so far.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Brain Training doesn't need legs, it's levitating thanks to telekinesis, no friction whatsoever.

very disappointing for Tokyo Mirage, I think I overestimated all three games in the predictions.

Hopefully Luigi will return in week 4.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
04./02. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure <HOB> (Nintendo) {2019.10.18} (¥7.980) - 35.860 / 583.429 (+67%)

The best JRPG on the chart just keeps going and going and going...

VainPossibleAmurratsnake-size_restricted.gif

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It's a WiiU port of a game that did barely better numbers on that platform. There's a large selection of popular games available for vouchers, and games like Animal Crossing and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon coming up. Nintendo had to make a public apology about the version used in Japan for this port, and allow digital refunds because of that.
Why would people use a voucher on this?
I don't think those circumstances matter when looking at voucher share. People would use a voucher on this because it saves them like 4k yen compared to the retail price.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I am very curious how Pokemon will behave throughout the year with DLC. Anyways good numbers for Switch, Yakuza 7 seems fine but sad its another decline.

Now Nintendo ... there's 1 RPG from the WiiU that will probably sell better if it comes to the Switch heh

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How does Kakarot compare to Fusions?

I believe that's the last DBZ RPG to be released on consoles.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
TMS bombed on WiiU and it is bombing even harder on Switch
It seems there is not much of an audience for it : Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei or Persona fans don't seem to care.
I'm surprised Nintendo gave it a second chance of all WiiU games (not judging the quality of the game)
If TW101 happens, I predict the same faith for it.

Oct 27, 2017
Poeple really overestimating how much persons care about "Censorship in mah games!"
Sorry to say but i think TMS just appeals to a very very niche audience even if its a good RPG it doesnt matter

TMS bombed on WiiU and it is bombing even harder on Switch
It seems there is not much of an audience for it : Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei or Persona fans don't seem to care.
I'm surprised Nintendo gave it a second chance of all WiiU games (not judging the quality of the game)
If TW101 happens, I predict the same faith for it.
Exactly ,I think the concept is a dead-end sales wise

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017

It is a solid JRPG and I wish it would do better but it's clear that it's not resonating well with the general audience. The original Wii U release was uncensored and it barely did better.
When the freaking national dex fiasco had no impact on the sales numbers of Sword/Shield then a changed wedding dress and less sexualized characters less than ever.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly thought everything outperformed my expectations here. Yakuza looked like it could have had an even sharper decline, Kakarot did pretty well... better than FighterZ, Switch evergreens and hardware held well, and I thought TMS might struggle to hit 15k.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not so bad. :) I hope it is more about first time buyer than double dipper though, more people should play this game.
Not so bad? It did better first week on the Wii U. nothing about this is good news.

No one wants TMS, stop trying Nintendo and port TW101
I do find it funny that you think W101 would do any better. The sales of TMS show that flopping on the Wii U means it'll flop on the Switch as well. If I recall, W101 did even worse that TMS did.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Switch's first three weeks of the year add up to a higher YTD (497K) than 3ds' biggest years (2012 and 2013) had after 3 weeks:

Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |     LTD     |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 3DS # |     81.855 |     92.661 |     80.960 |    453.775 |    422.447 |  10.233.655