• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Actually, isn't it in their best interest to stop cart production nearly completely? Selling all digital copies would yield the most profit would it not? It would also provide the added benefit of destroying the used game sales of which they see no profit from.
If this yielded such strong benefits, then everyone and their mom would do this - and on PS4/XB1 too I reckon. But they don't. Not nearly everyone who wants to buy physical will go digital because of stock issues: plenty will just move on. Internet around the world isn't good enough got plenty of people to just have everyone decide in a whom to go digital instead.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Mega Man on PS4 should be restocked everywhere by Saturday. It faced supply problems at second week and and sporadically at opening.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not bad at all for EOX if true. Lower than previous entries was inevitable but its not by much. Fanbase is very loyal.
Famista opening is on track with the 3DS & NDS games.
Wario Ware is as expected the lowest opening ever in the series, and I doubt it will have much legs.
Kawazu keeps failing.

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
Very rare octopath traveler restocks today, almost nothing, an example:
Ojamakansan store (good quantities)
DkDF0SRUwAAO8Ua.jpg

Super bomberman r switch restocks today in several stores, examples

"Super Bomberman R was out of stock but it arrived again! Let's play with everyone during summer vacation"
DkDfWk3UcAEbA7F.jpg

DkDUYyLU8AEnuEV.jpg

DkDCCnHUwAEDMG8.jpg

GEO preorders
Dj_fTAdUcAAOtgv.jpg

DjKw03eVsAAOzSY.jpg

DjKw18LUUAAHa5Z.jpg

DjKw3J4UUAA18Cd.jpg

DjKw4RWUcAEf4QI.jpg

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Bayonetta 2 did pretty badly too, but Nintendo didn't cancel Bayonetta 3...
Sure, but there's Bayonetta 2 bad and then there's SaGa Scarlet Grace bad ;p

Edit: Yeah, I should have mentioned I was referring to WW with the quip, considering Scarlet Grace didn't do most of its sales in the West like Bayonetta games do.

Last edited:

ACL

Nov 18, 2017
One of the interesting things about Saga Scarlets ports this week is that it reminds me of Kawazu beeing in a similar position as Asano was on GCN and DS, as in having Nintendo supported games. That Octopath Traveller is beeing compared to Saga series is also quite interesting, as we are seeing Saga Scarlet and Octopath charting this week.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
It has become a habit for YSO to underestimate Switch more casual releases.

Best selling Famista on DS was the first from the three and on 3DS the third from the three.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
One of the interesting things about Saga Scarlets ports this week is that it reminds me of Kawazu beeing in a similar position as Asano was on GCN and DS, as in having Nintendo supported games. That Octopath Traveller is beeing compared to Saga series is also quite interesting, as we are seeing Saga Scarlet and Octopath charting this week.
It's not really comparable at all. Kawazu is a big executive in Square Enix. He was never like Asano at all. While he was never just doing one thing. When he was producing GC and Wii games, he was also producing and writing stuff like Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song, Unlimited SaGa, and The Last Remnant. He also took over production on FFXII when Matsuno got ejected.

ACL

Nov 18, 2017
It's not really comparable at all. Kawazu is a big executive in Square Enix. He was never like Asano at all. While he was never just doing one thing. When he was producing GC and Wii games, he was also producing and writing stuff like Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song, Unlimited SaGa, and The Last Remnant. He also took over production on FFXII when Matsuno got ejected.

I was obviouly looking at the similarities, that both had closer business relations with Nintendo at some point is undeniable and that a Final Fantasy veteran and father of formerly millionselling Saga series was more prolific was also never put in question. Asano becoming the head of a new division is promising and could lead to an increased output. With Bravely and now Octopath he at least had more success in this decade.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The development of Dragon Quest XI Switch is going well according to Yuji Horii, and we may get new infos on it rather sooner than later.

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
I know that everybody is waiting for this week numbers, but I'd like to ask the people in these threads living in Japan. I received this message from Play-Asia regarding my physical copy of Okami HD:

We are sorry to be the bearer of bad news but we will be receiving delays in
receiving the item 'Okami: Zekkeiban (Nintendo™ Switch (SW) Japan, No Region
Protection)'. We have received an update that some parts of Japan got flooded because
of a typhoon that hit the country yesterday.

We will send your order once we have stocks available on our warehouse and provide
the shipping details. In the meantime, we seek for your patience and understanding.

Does anybody has more info on this? Have you seen any other games impacted by this typhoon?

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
I saw that notice yesterday in another thread. The interesting thing is that when it was sent out, the typhoon hadn't yet arrived Japan. Maybe it is referring to the one last week?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I am just trusting king zell on this one and it is easy to do given its track record.
This release period would tell me that they dont see it as a next big 2D Mario replacement. I have a hard time believing that they would launch Animal Crossing and Mario Maker so close to each other....unless AC is being released in the second half of the year.

PS. What happened to Tomb Raider Switch ?

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
This release period would tell me that they dont see it as a next big 2D Mario replacement. I have a hard time believing that they would launch Animal Crossing and Mario Maker so close to each other....unless AC is being released in the second half of the year.

PS. What happened to Tomb Raider Switch ?
Is there a specific reason why you place Animal Crossing in H1 2019? It reads a bit like you are assuming it, rather than speculating.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Actually, isn't it in their best interest to stop cart production nearly completely? Selling all digital copies would yield the most profit would it not? It would also provide the added benefit of destroying the used game sales of which they see no profit from.
you cant force the market into digital acceptance, is like saying why does not every publisher drop books and just sell on kindle. the current people that goes ALL DIGITAL ration vs physical is not high enough, and likely would take a 2/3 vs 1/3 ration for publisher to even consider going full Digital

hiska-kun

Oct 26, 2017
I know that everybody is waiting for this week numbers, but I'd like to ask the people in these threads living in Japan. I received this message from Play-Asia regarding my physical copy of Okami HD:

Does anybody has more info on this? Have you seen any other games impacted by this typhoon?

Funny thing is that the thyphoon is arriving today. In a few hours will hit Tokyo (it will be night time).