• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
People mention mobile often, but I think it's more to do with the Switch being roughly twice the cost of both of them. You're comparing significantly cheaper systems and their performance
...and the Switch games in general are more expensive.
So the fact that Switch is putting up numbers that can be compared with past popular portable systems is really impressive. The audience they are targeting right now is willing to spend money for "traditional" gaming...which is very important in this Smartphone era.

Because so many Metal Gear games came out on Nintendo platforms when Snake was revealed? :)
Well he didnt say anything about a new MH appearing on Switch because of it. Just that the companies obv. have no issues to work together.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Etrian Odyssey X showed decline but respectable sales but this WarioWare could end the lowest selling entry inside and outside of Japan.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno. If I go into a store and don't find the game I want, I'd buy a similar game. OT's shortage should be an advantage for Saga on Switch. I think it shows that a lot of Switch gamers own Vita. In fact I can't think of a single Vita port that sold well on Switch: YsVIII, DQB, DQH1+2, and now Saga. It's not a good news for Vita ports, but it is a good news for new installments. It seems the transition of handheld gamers is going well.
I mean it's only logical that if you were into handheld gaming and had a Vita your only option for a new system is the switch. There's literally no where else to go.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
WW or Japan?

In the former case: 6M

In the latter case: 1.5M

Also: Smash U sounds like a WiiU game lol

Did you stole my predictions?

This is exactly my prediction lol

Something like 1.5 million in Japan, 2.5 million in America and 2 million in the rest of world. Maybe Japan even more, we'll see. Is easy gonna be the biggest launch ever for Nintendo.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Did you stole my predictions?

This is exactly my prediction lol

Something like 1.5 million in Japan, 2.5 million in America and 2 million in the rest of world. Maybe Japan even more, we'll see. Is easy gonna be the biggest launch ever for Nintendo.

I guess that you are not counting Pokemon ?

S/M shipped 10m units at launch lol :p

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
So, we got a MH character in Smash. I think it's time to lay down any remaining notions that Nintendo is angry with Capcom.
I think it's pretty obvious that Nintendo doesn't have any strong feelings for or against Capcom, while it's Capcom that's been acting irrational and illogical over their relationship.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nintendo continuing to dominate. Hopefully SE can pump out some more copies of Octopath soon. The thirst is real for that game

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
I guess that you are not counting Pokemon ?

S/M shipped 10m units at launch lol :p

It was even before launch, like the day before release they shipped 10 million. But yes, i think Smash Ultimate can beat that or at least getting really close, shipped is not the same as sold.

I expect 6 million sold first week, and shipments should be as high as 10 million or more.

I personally expect over 12 million in 2018 alone.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Obon makes things more complicated but if Smash direct generated any hype it will show at next weeks.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
That's very great for Octopath Traveler!

Finally no stock issue anymore, wonder how legs are gonna be the next weeks.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
....with even EO hitting shortages.... what game is not being with shortages is the big question lol.
Shortages are overestimated. The only games with supply problems right now are Octopath Traveler and at a smaller degree Etrian Odyssey X.

Everything else has been restocked for Obon.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Rathalos and MH stage in Smash is a good sign. Portable 5 will be huge.

Nintendo should lean on Konami to port Fox Engine to Switch. Let the Metal Gear and PES ports flow.

Deleted member 6137

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy that Octopath got more copies sold. Are we happy with Scarlet Grace sales? Is it approximately what one could have expected? Let's say it's all in all 30k with digital and PC.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm it's a long way out but I think my rough estimate for Smash Ultimate FW is around 1.25m

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
same reason most 3rd parties are angry/ Ignore Nintendo?
Nintendo doesnt court em on the same measure (money) like Sony and Microsoft does
So 3rd parties are angry at Nintendo because they dont pay them? Are we sure that Kimishima didnt send the 3rd parties an e-mail, challengig them to some sort of weird duel, and this might be the reason instead? :P Or that the 3rd party support Nintendo has recieved so far is only because Nintendo have payed for it? But then 3rd parties are angry because they dont get as much money as other 3rd parties?

Last edited:

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
So 3rd parties are angry at Nintendo because they dont pay them? Are we sure that Kimishima didnt send the 3rd parties an e-mail, challengig them to some sort of weird duel, and this might be the reason instead? :P Or that the 3rd party support Nintendo has recieved so far is only because Nintendo have payed for it? But then 3rd parties are angry because they dont get as much money as other 3rd parties?
Settle it in Spirits

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean that Nintendo stopped distributing them in Europe.

That's why they stopped arriving in Spanish, for example.

I'd say the process has been a steady one of dropping support, but Capcom got cut off hard with Switch where now everything has been dropped by Nintendo for distribution.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
ill guess this is a joke about the new Smash Secret mode having "maybe" the word Spirits in it

is an emoji

Ok, if not angry (that was the original statement), 3rd parties are ignoring Nintendo because other 3rd parties get payed more, or because maybe Kimisihima sent them a weird challenge? :P
they mad cause ninty dont gives em as much money and S and M does.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
ill guess this is a joke about the new Smash Secret mode having "maybe" the word Spirits in it

is an emoji
Ah ok, i see. I havnt seen that emoji before, and i didnt watch the latest Smash Direct.

they mad cause ninty dont gives em as much money and S and M does.
But Nintendo has some 3rd party support, including Capcom, does that mean that they're happy with what Nintendo pays them? :P

DrWong

Oct 29, 2017
Guys just remove all the unnecessary qualifiers ("mad at", "monie"...) and we're left with what it is: less support by the big guy.