• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Any guesses on how much Octopath might've done if say 300k copies had shipped day 1? Feels like a ridiculous amount of potential was untapped here.

Nov 2, 2017
Bandai Namco has been supporting the NSW a lot, it is rare seeing Soul Calibur VI still exclusive to PS4, and knowing that after december; the Switch is going to have 2 millions more of players that love fighting games (Just in Japan). Supa Smash- Arms- Xenoverse 2: all of them diferent kind of fighting games, all of them in 3D.
Namco is banking in the West sales? or SC games sells fine in Japan?

Last edited:

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Bandai Namco has been supporting the NSW a lot, it is rare seeing Soul Calibur VI still exclusive to PS4, and knowing that after december; the Switch is going to have 2 millions more of players that love fighting games (Just in Japan). Supa Smash- Arms- Xenoverse 2: all of them diferent kind of fighting games, all of them in 3D.
Namco is banking in the West sales? or SC games sells fine in Japan?
It's not surprising SV6 is not on Switch atm.

I could see it getting ported like 8 months later.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
They haven't even bothered with Tekken yet...SC6 Switch isn't happening anytime soon.
I don't play either.
But Tekken looked graphically way more intense, and I hear it doesn't even run well on Xbox

so I assumed Tekken 7 wasn't happening period, not that they were waiting for something.

SC6 looks kind of eh graphically
And maybe a Switch port with some Zelda junk would get it easy sales. Since I doubt it will do all that well commercially to start.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They haven't even bothered with Tekken yet...SC6 Switch isn't happening anytime soon.
there's a very clear difference in Tekken and Soul Calibur in regards to how they use the engine. Tekken never had a chance, it runs at 720p on the XBO even. SC runs at 1080p on both the XBO and PS4, so there's more leeway for a switch port

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if rebranding it as a SC or Tekken portable/spin off is something they'd want to do.
They made a Tekken 3DS game that wasn't a port and I think the SC game on psp wasn't labeled as one either

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Biohazard 2 is going for something like 1500 off. Is this normal for a preorder? I don't remember getting more than a discount of 1000. Is this odd?

Last edited:

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Sad sight. There haven't been many heavy hitters from third-party publishers this year. I hope that will change next year (hopefully we'll get some announcements in the Road to TGS).
This week was so slow that I actually opted to wait until the next weekend to do another update. So far this Road to TGS has not been going well hahaha.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
I don't think IE Ares will launch this year.
Level 5 will try to make the possible to launch YW4 in December, even if this means to delay everything else to finish it.

The only missing title I see is DQ Builders 2, but this could be delayed too, and launched in January.

IE delay isn't likely imo. They've been revealing new details and pics on the usual monthly basis for the past few months, and have a big event this week-end. Also, Takara TOMY is releasing some Switch pouches in October (placeholder date, but still suspicious > https://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=sr_n...アレスの天秤&ie=UTF8&qid=1534919491&rnid=2321267051) (that URL, though).

Also, that other thread about Inazuma Eleven GO Galaxy mentioned a new story arc for the anime in October, so that certainly seems to be fitting.

The big IE event is this week-end, we don't have much longer to wait anyway.

As for DQB2, release date will be revealed next week (August 29th) during a livestream. My bet is on February release.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
This feels more depressing than last year

Actually, up to Week 2, Road to TGS 2018 > Road to TGS 2017 in terms of number of games announced (29 v.s. 20). But, so far, we're definitely missing bigger games (just to compare, last year's Road to TGS saw Dragon Quest Builders 2 and Yo-Kai Watch Busters 2 announced in its first two weeks); also, this week has been quite...dire so far (last week was Obon, not counting that one due to companies closing for Holidays).

Moreover, SIEJA just released infos for an upcoming event...and I wonder if this is going to take the place of their traditional pre-TGS Conference.

https://gematsu.com/2018/08/sieja-playstation-lineup-tour-video-live-show-set-for-september-10

EDIT: I mean, I know the article theorises it may be this year's Sony TGS event, but we have no confirmation yet.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Pokken happened though. And smash ultimate too. Both games by the tekken team

.....and ? Those aren't Bamco titles.

I didn't say Bamco doesn't support the Switch. Tekken is the bigger IP and the older game - they are going to bring Tekken to Switch before bothering with something like SC6.

Only exception would be if they get BotW Link for a late Switch version.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if rebranding it as a SC or Tekken portable/spin off is something they'd want to do.
They made a Tekken 3DS game that wasn't a port and I think the SC game on psp wasn't labeled as one either
While they were branded differently both were essentially tweaked ports of Tekken 6 and SCIV respectively. Similar to how PSP Tekken 5 dropped the 5.

They were all farmed out too iirc. Arika did Tekken 3D and I think Eighting did the PSP titles.

PSP and 3DS games are like infinitely cheaper to make than Switch games though.
Original games sure but not necessarily true for ports. Actually more work likely had to go into those 360/PS3 to PSP/3DS conversions than would for a PS4/XBO to Switch one. Different engines, bigger spec gap, etc. Even DOA5 Vita was likely a bigger hurdle/cost than Tekken 7 or SCVI on Switch would be.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I think it would be very smart of SE to get it out in December. But we will see.
I say the end of October or early November would be ideal timing, as of now there is a wasteland of games releasing in that time frame.

The other time to release something is probably the week after Smash Ultimate, if Yokai makes it this year that would probably be when that launches though.