• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Almaz_Hiro

Jan 20, 2018
Kinda surprised by snk thought it wouldve been more on switch considering that marketing deal Nintendo has. Or is that deal just for the west?

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Surprised to see people so sure the PS4 will end up down year over year. You know some of you have been consistently wrong about the console over its life and the big games released for it.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
Holy shit Spiderman opening. That's huuuge for Japan. :O
Small PS4 boost too.

...now i'm personally waiting for Mario Party. Will be interesting to see if can boost Switch sales just a bit

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, Spidey doing work.

Also, Conan holding onto the top 10, pretty nice. I would try it if it were F2P.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot of people will be surprised by Smash numbers in a bad way. It won't be even close to God of War's.
However, it will do insanely well in Japan
Benji is predicting it to be the biggest launch of any Nintendo console game ever. I don't think it's going to disappoint at all in the West.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Smash confirmed for bombing. Sound the alarms. Nintendo is doomed etc etc.

It'll be fine, regardless of comparisons with other games. That's like saying who's gold medal is shinier

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Japan really loves Spidey, not a surprising result but I'm still really happy that it did well. Game's great.

Not much in the way of hardware bump though.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it will come just because of Nisa trying to license any title possible then outsource a port to other platforms lol
That ignores the fact that SNK was the one to make the call for SNK Heroines, not NISA. NISA will just publish the game, but won't have anything to do with it beyond localization (if they did that for KoF and Heroines)

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
Can you say any any number?
Because it only has a month to sell this year so I wouldnt be surprised if GoW beat it for the year
I obviously wasn't talking about beating God of War's overall sales, I was referring to GOW's initial sales. Since excepting Smash to compete against Spidey's first week is just unrealistic.
Hmmm, maybe 3 million best case scenario? Japan alone will be 500k minimum, that's for sure

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
I obviously wasn't talking about beating God of War's overall sales, I was referring to GOW's initial sales. Since excepting Smash to compete against Spidey's first week is just unrealistic.
Hmmm, maybe 3 million best case scenario? Japan alone will be 500k minimum, that's for sure

3 million best case scenario first week worldwide? Bruuuuuuh....

It is gonna sell double of that.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is all the praise for Spidermans 125k opening based on beating YSOs estimate, franchise history or something else?

Looking at CY2017 first week numbers makes me think that although having a 100K+ first week (even on PS4) is a bit more elusive, isn't some mystical occurrence. It seems right in line with openings for HZD and most other large budget Sony titles.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
If that's the best case scenario better don't post the worst.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
You know Brawl sold 2.7 million in America alone in it's launch month right? Smash Ultimate will crush God of War's first month sales.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
That ignores the fact that SNK was the one to make the call for SNK Heroines, not NISA. NISA will just publish the game, but won't have anything to do with it beyond localization (if they did that for KoF and Heroines)
I'm pretty sure SNK handles everything with ports and localization themselves. NISA is just their publishing partner, like Atlus USA used to be.

At least that's the case for their fighters, I'm not sure about the 40th Anniversary Collection. I'm pretty sure it only exists because Hamster sold around a million NeoGeo roms on Switch though.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

Smash is going to open over 1m in just Japan.

Its week 1 is going to be well over 5m

MANUELF

Oct 25, 2017
So you expect the worst smash debut since Melee?
Thats not realistic

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

fam
this is shipping like ten millions first month