• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
No to World. Not when they contractually can't release it in Japan, which is the region that'd most want to target with what's NeXt.

Beyond Zell, Max also recently mentioned Capcom had a Switch exclusive MH coming up and it's basically an open secret in the industry. The context was speculating MH might be the 5th Smash DLC fighter.
Do you have a source on this? Hard to believe CAPCOM (out of all third-parties), would make an exclusive Monster Hunter for Switch (World shattered all records).

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
How could an hypotetical MH for NSW be made into an ADULT MASTERPIECE playable while sipping wine?

It makes no sense.

Oct 26, 2017
Do you have a source on this? Hard to believe CAPCOM (out of all third-parties), would make an exclusive Monster Hunter for Switch (World shattered all records).

Why not?
As long as Nintendo is either footing the bill or publishing the game in the West, an exclusive MH for NSW will and can happen.
If Capcom is getting paid by NINTENDO they will, they did it with SF5 and DR3 when both Sony and MS paid for the games.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France

Why ? It would sell several millions and would diversify mh offering.
They won't be able to release a potential world 2 before a few years.

And it doesn't have to challenge world record, they would already be happy with 4-5 millions, which could be achievable if the game is good and is marketed properly.

Edit: dammit I got tricked into a MH discussion again. Silly me.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
It is best to accept Capcom will not release more Monster Hunter titles on Switch in order not to be disappointed, there is nothing that suggests it will happen. At this point this speculation goes to nowhere, we need to move on as Capcom moved on from Switch.

I mean I have no interest in buying it on Switch but like i said curious as to whether it will happen. On currently trajectory they'll port it to the Switch 4 in 2029 for $100 probably

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018

Seems it was more specific than that, I just remembered the Musou re-releases being a point of contention.
The specific patents cover a number of things, such as importing and unlocking content from an older title in a new game, and a controller vibration technique to alert players of nearby enemies.
Man I always forget that game companies patent the oddest things.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
250k OW? Welp rip my prediction. If it shows legs 600-700k LTD physical 1m+ with digital isn't out of the question. Not as good as a G release but it will still technically give PS4 another million seller. If KH3 can make there too that'll be 2 for 2019.

The hardware number for PS4 though...

Jaal

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, the best selling game in Capcom history is again on the verge of extinction here. What a disgrace !

hiska-kun

Oct 26, 2017
Download cards with codes are always reported. It's just I believe this is the first time where there was a download code to something that did not have a physical SKU so it couldn't be lumped in with the sales of the physical SKU.

It's not the first time. We had Pokemon Green/Red/Blue/Yellow, and I remember at least one more 3DS game. Can't remember its name now. Maybe a Kirby.
Edit: yeah it was kirby fighters Z back in July 2014.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
No to World. Not when they contractually can't release it in Japan, which is the region that'd most want to target with what's NeXt.

Beyond Zell, Max also recently mentioned Capcom had a Switch exclusive MH coming up and it's basically an open secret in the industry. The context was speculating MH might be the 5th Smash DLC fighter.

Max like Maximilian Dood?

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Why is the MHW and expansion pack only ¥7K when the original release was ¥9K?

It seems like an unneeded discount given the Brands success.

The epansion is ¥4,444 and you can buy the dicount version of the vanilla game for ¥2700 physical.

It would be foolish to charge basically a $20 premium for the bundle the game for you.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Famitsu Sales: Week 15, 2013 (Apr 08 - Apr 14)
41./00. [3DS] Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive! _3DS Download Software_ |DL| (Download Card) <ETC> (Nintendo) {2013.04.10} (¥1.200) - 1.717 / NEW <100,00%>
00./00. [3DS] Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger _3DS Download Software_ |DL| (Download Card) <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.04.10} (¥2.000) - 537 / NEW <100,00%>

Famitsu Sales: Week 17, 2013 (Apr 22 - Apr 28)

46./00. [WIU] Pokemon Scramble U _Wii U Download Software_ |DL| (Download Card) <FTG> (Pokemon Co.) {2013.04.24} (¥1.800) - 2.051 / NEW <100,00%>

Famitsu Sales: Week 29, 2013 (Jul 15 - Jul 21)

17./00. [PSP] Super Robot Wars: Operation Extend _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| (Download Card) <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.07.18} (¥5.980) - 5.664 / NEW <100,00%>

Famitsu Sales: Week 30, 2013 (Jul 22 - Jul 28)

00./00. [3DS] Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move _3DS Download Software_ |DL| (Download Card) <PZL> (Nintendo) {2013.07.24} (¥1.200) - 1.106 / NEW <100,00%>

Famitsu Sales: Week 11, 2014 (Mar 10 - Mar 16)

23./00. [3DS] Pokemon Battle Trozei _3DS Download Software_ |DL| (Download Card) <PZL> (Pokemon Co.) {2014.03.12} (¥800) - 4.075 / NEW <100,00%>

Famitsu Sales: Week 30, 2014 (Jul 21 - Jul 27)

23./00. [3DS] Kirby Fighters Z _3DS Download Software_ |DL| (Download Card) <FTG> (Nintendo) {2014.07.23} (¥810) - 2.750 / NEW <80-100%>

Famitsu Sales: Week 4, 2015 (Jan 19 - Jan 25)

19./00. [PS4] Resident Evil HD Remaster (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| (Download Card) <ADV> (Capcom) {2015.01.20} (¥4.633) - 4.280 / NEW <40-60%>

Famitsu Sales: Week 9, 2016 (Feb 22 - Feb 28)

01./00. [3DS] Pokemon Red / Green / Blue / Yellow _3DS Virtual Console Version_ |DL| (Dedicated Download Card Special) <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2016.02.27} (¥1.389) - 69.234 / NEW <80-100%>
00./00. [3DS] Detective Pikachu: Birth of a New Duo _3DS Download Software_ |DL| (Download Card) <ADV> (Pokemon Co.) {2016.02.03} (¥1.388) - * / 5.471

Famitsu Sales: Week 13, 2017 (Mar 20 - Mar 26)
24./00. [NSW] Snipperclips: Cut it Out, Together! _Nintendo Switch Download Software_ |DL| (Download Card) <PZL> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥1.667) - 3.244 / 10.062 <80-100%>

Famitsu Sales: Week 31, 2017 (Jul 24 - Jul 30)
00./00. [3DS] Kirby's Blowout Blast _3DS Download Software_ |DL| (Download Card) <ACT> (Nintendo) {2017.07.04} (¥750) - * / 1.738

Famitsu Sales: Week 39, 2017 (Sep 18 - Sep 24)
01./00. [3DS] Pokemon Gold / Silver _3DS Virtual Console Version_ |DL| (Dedicated Download Card Special) <RPG> (Nintendo) {2017.09.22} (¥1.111) - 56.013 / NEW <80-100%>

Famitsu Sales: Week 4, 2018 (Jan 22 - Jan 28)

07./00. [3DS] Pokemon Crystal _3DS Virtual Console Version_ |DL| (Dedicated Download Card Special) <RPG> (Nintendo) {2018.01.26} (¥1.389) - 12.348 / NEW <80-100%>

Famitsu Sales: Week 36, 2019 (Sep 02 - Sep 08)

02./00. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World - Iceborne (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| (Download Card) # <ACT> (Capcom) {2019.09.06} (¥4.444) - 44.160 / NEW

Deleted member 38706

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
This is what I found:

Seems to come from a shareholder's meeting. MHW won't work, so building one with Switch in mind.

Every time Capcom says MHW or any of their latest games can't be ported to the Switch, I just can't help but react like this:
why-you-always-lying-meme-lying-memes.jpg

I do hope that they actually have a MH Switch in development. I always wonder why they're willing to dedicate resources to an exclusive Switch game when they outright refuse to port the RE Engine to Switch (which will give them better returns in the long-term). Then I remember it's probably because Nintendo paid them. Kinda sad that Capcom is so pathetic they can't make a Switch game without Nintendo paying them.

Kozy

Dec 4, 2017
Best week for a while, MH did really well and Switch hardware dropped way less than I expected.

Any chance of Gears 5 appearing in the top 50 when it launches?

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
Pardon the dumb questions, but doesn't it make sense for Capcom to just get started on MH: World 2 rather than MH Switch? Or do they have enough devs/resources that they can work on MH Switch, and also start working on World 2 at the same time? Just wondering, as World was so successful that I figured their first course of action - after Iceborne - would be getting a sequel out relatively quick.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
You guys do the absolute most with those 'MHW seems so low' posts.
It's a DLC...

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Pardon the dumb questions, but doesn't it make sense for Capcom to just get started on MH: World 2 rather than MH Switch? Or do they have enough devs/resources that they can work on MH Switch, and also start working on World 2 at the same time? Just wondering, as World was so successful that I figured their first course of action - after Iceborne - would be getting a sequel out relatively quick.
They have (had?) two MH teams.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

It makes more sense for Capcom to do a MH Switch compared to any other project they are working on besides the next numbered RE game. The logic you are presenting is flawed.

It doesnt have to be either or but if that were the case, they didnt need to make MvsC infinite or DMCV or any other shit they will eventually release that isnt a World sequel or RE8 and its even arguable if RE > a Switch MH at this point.

Not to say MH Switch exists cause it doesnt. Just highlighting reality.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
I do hope that they actually have a MH Switch in development. I always wonder why they're willing to dedicate resources to an exclusive Switch game when they outright refuse to port the RE Engine to Switch (which will give them better returns in the long-term). Then I remember it's probably because Nintendo paid them. Kinda sad that Capcom is so pathetic they can't make a Switch game without Nintendo paying them.
Nintendo is known for "revenge" methods when something displeases them and they have the luxury with Switch to continue this tactic. Not distributing Capcom's games anymore in Europe was a clear sign for what was coming the following years.

They won't pay a company that shows zero interest to support them seriously. If this famous Monster Hunter Switch really exists in some form it's not because Nintendo financed it.

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
It makes more sense for Capcom to do a MH Switch compared to any other project they are working on besides the next numbered RE game. The logic you are presenting is flawed.

It doesnt have to be either or but if that were the case, they didnt need to make MvsC infinite or DMCV or any other shit they will eventually release that isnt a World sequel or RE8 and its even arguable if RE > a Switch MH at this point.

Not to say MH Switch exists cause it doesnt. Just highlighting reality.
Yeah, that makes sense. What do you, or anyone else in this thread, think that the sales potential of a Monster Hunter Switch would be (assuming it's a completely new title)?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo is known for "revenge" methods when something displeases them and they have the luxury with Switch to continue this tactic. Not distributing Capcom's games anymore in Europe was a clear sign for what was coming the following years.

They won't pay a company that shows zero interest to support them seriously. If this famous Monster Hunter Switch really exists in some form it's not because Nintendo financed it.

Ehhh they were literally paying Koei Tecmo for games for a decade before they started supporting their systems properly.

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil

That honestly looks like a "loss-loss" scenario. Let's just hope that the strategy pays up in a long term for Capcom, because it doesn't look that the Switch will slow down for a while only because there isn't a "Monster Hunter" on the console.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
250K retail for a DLC is pretty impressive, no? (Imagine what MHW could have achieved with a Switch version. What could have been...)

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah, that makes sense. What do you, or anyone else in this thread, think that the sales potential of a Monster Hunter Switch would be (assuming it's a completely new title)?
5 million sales floor, not ceiling.
With Switch Lite being a thing, a new MH does 3 million in Japan easily. Rotw can make up 2 million at least. I think XX Switch did 1 million rotw? Someone else can confirm whether that's true or not.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 38706

Banned
Jan 19, 2018

There is truth in what you're saying, but I don't exactly mean that Nintendo might have financed the entire game's development. It could be other things like covering marketing costs or other promotional deals that could provide short-term benefits for Capcom -- enough for them to consider making a game for Switch. Since it's MH, it might not be unusual for Nintendo to handle the marketing for the rumored Switch-exclusive. I just find it sad that Capcom needs that to even bother doing anything with the Switch platform. Their games will sell well enough on the platform even without any sort of deal with Nintendo. Yet, they just don't want to dedicate any resources to porting their engine to the platform or including the platform in their development pipeline.

Capcom is like that one "friend" that constantly complains about having no money and would only hang out with you if you at least pay for their lunch. Yet, they're perfectly fine paying for their own food when they're with other people. You don't have to pay for all their expenses, but you still gotta hand over a few bucks if you want them to spend time with you.