• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo won't have problem to back up any game from any company as long as they see it as serious effort, they have done it many times even with late ports at Switch. But it needs both sides to really care.

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
You know why I'm here
Takashi Tezuka
dx1kpyv_d.jpg

Z6eU7ZP.gif

Better Tracker said:
03./03. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2019.06.28} (¥5.980) - 18.296 / 600.297 (-19%)
Very small drop. Even more people knwo about the KING and are buying it in droves. Remember to take a look at its sales when Switch lite launches, they will be bonkers.
I'm not including the predictions from now on, but rest assured, I saved them to my PC already. When we hit 2100 I'll post them!
P.S. パワーファイアフラワー

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Level 5 is trying to put out the fires with a late Yokai Watch 4 port to PS4. I wonder how late they are going to release this? If it's next year they are just asking for trouble.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Yokai Watch 4 PS4 coming in hot for the extra 100k (if they are lucky) sales in Japan.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
YW4 on PS4 makes as much sense as DMC2 on Switch at 20$

They'll both bomb and DMC2 will probably sell much more anyway

Morisaki

Oct 29, 2017
Would Capcom develop a new MH game that isn't based on the RE engine? Because it certainly looks like they are not porting the RE engine to Switch.
Much more likely that old MH games get ported to Switch with the Adult Masterpiece branding.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
It's nothing technical holding Capcom back from MHW on Switch, it's some backroom deal with Sony for the Asian market.

Morisaki

Oct 29, 2017
The backroom deal with Sony for the Asian market might be true. But it is also true that so far they are not porting any RE engine games to Switch, except via streaming. So Capcom hasn't found it worthwhile to port the RE engine to Switch. A new MH on Switch not using the RE engine would then either need to have new art assets created or use the up-rezzed assets from 3DS. And I just don't see that happening, not with the success they found with MHW.

Apa504

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The backroom deal with Sony for the Asian market might be true. But it is also true that so far they are not porting any RE engine games to Switch, except via streaming. So Capcom hasn't found it worthwhile to port the RE engine to Switch. A new MH on Switch not using the RE engine would then either need to have new art assets created or use the up-rezzed assets from 3DS. And I just don't see that happening, not with the success they found with MHW.

You know that MHW is made with the MTframework engine right?

dxspace

Oct 25, 2017
NBA 2K with 2K copies sold on Switch lol. Why do sports games open so low on Switch anyway? FIFA and Jikkyou come to mind. At least they have legs.

315./312. [NSW] NBA 2K18 <SPT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2017.10.17} (¥7.000) - 9.678 / 20.757 (-13%) (2.689 <33,36%>)
317./158. [PS4] NBA 2K18 # <SPT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2017.09.19} (¥7.300) - 9.542 / 39.265 (-68%) (14.487 <73,12%>)

Apa504

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would think this port is made for non japanese market in mind. YoKai Watch has seen decent success in Europe on 3DS so it makes sense for it to be on two popular platforms in Europe (Switch/PS4).

Not when the localized version arrives at the end of 2020 at the earliest, when Next gen arrives.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When are we going to start the talks about the lack of Switch games on TGS and japanese third party support btw

Not when the localized version arrives at the end of 2020 at the earliest, when Next gen arrives.
Don't think next gen matters much when they're trying to sell it to kids. This isn't the audience to be early adopters of brand new consoles. It's a move that gives them a few extra sales in Europe.

Apa504

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When are we going to start the talks about the lack of Switch games on TGS and japanese third party support btw

Don't think next gen matters much when they're trying to sell it to kids. This isn't the audience to be early adopters of brand new consoles. It's a move that gives them a few extra sales in Europe.

But if nobody knows about your game, nobody is gonna buy it though.
After june of next year, all the marketing is going to be about next consoles and their games. Unless L5 gets a pretty good publisher, the game will be nonexistant to the public eye, including children, and that means less preorders and less retailers interested in allocating your game.
And if we go by L5 localization standards, end of 2020 is generous.
Everything about Yokai watch is a mess, not just this port.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
maybe team up with bandai namco games?
That's what I was thinking. It's a shame they can't have Nintendo publish this with their kid game experience, but unless they want the PS4 version to go to waste they need someone else. Unless they pull a Dragon Quest and manage to split the publishers.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019

I do think it matters depending on how late the release is, the Yo-Kai watch games that came at the end of the 3DS life did pretty bad i think, and that's considering the Switch is only a kind of half succesor.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If anything I would think this is the most Switch games we've seen from TGS time without looking at any lists.
What noteworthy games? All the headliners seem to not be on it. Sakura Taisen, REsistance, FFVIIR, Yakuza 7, Death Stranding, DBZ Kakarot and even L5's big announcement is a PS4 port.

But if nobody knows about your game, nobody is gonna buy it though.
After june of next year, all the marketing is going to be about next consoles and their games. Unless L5 gets a pretty good publisher, the game will be nonexistant to the public eye, including children, and that means less preorders and less retailers interested in allocating your game.
And if we go by L5 localization standards, end of 2020 is generous.
Everything about Yokai watch is a mess, not just this port.
I know Level 5 is a mess and will botch it. Just saying that having a PS4 version for Europe always made sense for the game, they're just doing this in a weird way announcing it after the Switch version flopped and is full of problems that they haven't fixed yet. Besides the fact that we all know L5 is terrible at publishing games overseas by themselves.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Fantasy Life 2 is the only L5 game that could sell 1 million copies worldwide and guess what, it's nowhere to be seen.

Done with that company.