• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In this case not really haha The count of episode will continue as it is the same season on the format of long-running.
There doesn't need to be breaks in order to be considered a new "season". If that wasn't the case, One Piece, Naruto, and the like would just be considered one giant "season", yet are sold in "season sets".

I would consider this a new season, especially if the original order was for 52 episodes, and then more episodes was ordered later.

And if we're talking about continuing episode counts, both MHA and AoT having continuing episode counts as well, yet have clear seasons.

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there actually anything substantial?
The only buzz I see on Twitter is apparently something big got announced for Love Live series.

The 4 minute anime opening for the now 2019's new Love Live All Stars rhythm game (3D character lives) was released after the game was MIA for a while and the models look good (in the movie though). The reaction is mostly from the pent up demand particularly for a popular franchise that is getting a new movie early next year and by doing so, introduce the 3rd generation (PDP?) of school idols.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just read excerpts from this video, but how in the hell is this normal? Does this not strike anyone else as extremely suspect?

https://www.billboard.com/articles/...-bobby-brown-drake-friendship-interview-video

She's 14.

Drake is 31.

Groom me if old.

In initial showing of the game, they had the physical toys since at the time there were skylanders etc.

But at at the E3 reveal with the Nintendo tie in, there was much more focus on this being playable as a Starfox game (that people actually wanted and Nintendo wasnt giving them)

What with the story cut scenes etc specific to the switch version, I think the game with basically be playable with digital. I want to buy the game just for the starfox type gameplay and story without purchasing any toys (or additional ones)

Disney released Infinity 1,2 and 3 as pure digital games for PC. You can play with the full set of figures all digital.

So I think now that TTL games no longer exist, ubisoft pivoted to make the game playable with much less focus on physical toys.

Ubisoft's attempts at sort-of-but-not-really moving away from the toys to life stuff come off as really desperate and like an admission that they aren't willing to commit to any direction for the game. I don't get who this is supposed to be for.

And as a huge Star Fox fan I have no interest in playing as Fox in Starlink. I just wanna play a Star Fox game.

So qe arent gonna talk about the vita production announcement?

We shouldn't talk ill of the dead.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Labo is a failed product, it won't pick up at the holidays, and it certainly didn't help selling Switch systems.
in fact, it hurt the momentum of the system noticeably (because Nintendo made a big bet on it and probably built this year's strategy around casuals with at least 3 Labo kits and 4 Pokemon Let's Go kits).

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
He was a staple of the mid to late 2000s Media-Create threads on NeoGAF. He had a pretty famous standard of 300k being a successful game and would often argue about what a bomb was or not. I literally just searched a random thread from there with his name and this came up:

https://www./threads/media-create-sales-7-30-8-5.178597/
Man that's a list of names I had completely forgotten about

Time flies

_Dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Labo is a failed product, it won't pick up at the holidays, and it certainly didn't help selling Switch systems.
in fact, it hurt the momentum of the system noticeably (because Nintendo made a big bet on it and probably built this year's strategy around casuals with at least 3 Labo kits and 4 Pokemon Let's Go kits).
How do you know sales won't pick up during the holidays, and how exactly did Labo hurt the Switch's momentum? You should really explain this.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
How do you know sales won't pick up during the holidays, and how exactly did Labo hurt the Switch's momentum? You should really explain this.

05./00. [NSW] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 03: Drive Kit <EDU> (Nintendo) {2018.09.14} (¥6.980) - 11.659 / NEW

I can't imagine a product doing this bad to explode. the reception wasn't good for the product and it shows. also, it is too expensive to be a great gift item when the system itself is 300$.

it hurt the Switch momentum because like I said, they bet big on it (already 3 kits released) and it failed to bring the results they wanted. it was a very important piece in their line-up to bring more casuals to the system alongside Pokemon Let's Go.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
D3 announced Onechanbara Origin for PS4, that's semi major I guess.

Famitsu, via GameDataLibrary

360 Onechanbara Z: Kagura 23.388 29.532 D3 Publisher 19/01/2012
PS2 Simple 2000 Series Vol.090: The Onechanbara 2 - The Onechan 2 9.192 29.458 D3 Publisher 22/12/2005
PS3 Onechanbara Z: Kagura with NoNoNo! 14.556 28.338 D3 Publisher 07/11/2013
360 Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad [Platinum Collection] 3.266 20.037 D3 Publisher 01/11/2007
360 Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad 8.556 18.443 D3 Publisher 14/12/2006
PSP Onechanbara Special 6.150 16.141 D3 Publisher 31/03/2011
PS4 Onechanbara Z2: Chaos 9.068 14.106 D3 Publisher 30/10/2014
WII Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers 2.200 2.200 D3 Publisher 07/02/2008

I wouldn't exactly call a new entry in this series a "semi-major" announcement

Also, I don't get the pessimism when TGS just started and we have more days to come :P

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
Ubisoft's attempts at sort-of-but-not-really moving away from the toys to life stuff come off as really desperate and like an admission that they aren't willing to commit to any direction for the game. I don't get who this is supposed to be for.

And as a huge Star Fox fan I have no interest in playing as Fox in Starlink. I just wanna play a Star Fox game.

Yeah I was surprised they didnt just end the game when all the big TTL (Toys To Life) died (skylanders, infinity, lego). They obviously had the idea back when TTL games looked like a huge market.

A few years later they were left with a game that actually looked quite deep in terms of pure gameplay that I want to buy the game just for its main campaign (not caring about buying any figures) but in a world where the physical toys aspect was dead.

I think Ubisoft had spent a lot of money on this game with several years of development and didnt want to just write it off. And Nintendo saw potential in the game, and have been a close partner with Ubisoft (eg Mario Rabbids).

It all started at E3 2017. After the Ubisoft press conference, Ubisoft developers presented the game to several Nintendo executives behind closed doors. Those who saw the game include Super Mario Odyssey director Kenta Motokura, ARMS director Kosuke Yabuki, and Nintendo of America's Reggie Fils-Aime.

Several weeks later, Ubisoft Paris informed the Starlink developers that they have been invited to Nintendo's headquarters in Kyoto to show Shigeru Miyamoto and the original Star Fox team Starlink: Battle for Atlas and how a potential collaboration involving Fox McCloud could look like.

Malville says he wasn't sure who raised the idea about the collaboration, but believed Nintendo was the one who proposed it first.

https:///ubisoft-convincing-miyamoto-to-add-star-fox-to-starlink-was-scary/

So basically they salvaged all the work and assets (levels ie planets, core gameplay mechanics etc) by simply adding new models and cut scenes to make a starfox game for a fraction of the cost of starting from scratch on pure Starfox.

Last edited:

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

As a starfox fan in glad to be playing as fox that isnt yet another starfox 64 remake

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
As a starfox fan in glad to be playing as fox that isnt yet another starfox 64 remake

Yeah game actually looks really good, certainly better than the last starfox game. It's also mechanically very different from what you would expect from a core starfox game, so it leaves room for nintendo to release a Switch Starfox game if they want to.

Or maybe...a Star fox Adventures 2!

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah game actually looks really good, certainly better than the last starfox game. It's also mechanically very different from what you would expect from a core starfox game, so it leaves room for nintendo to release a Switch Starfox game if they want to.

Or maybe...a Star fox Adventures 2!
Ive actually been looking forward to a starfox assault sequel for like 10+ years now, well a canon sequel

Last edited:

hiska-kun

Oct 26, 2017
First day of TGS practically over and no Yo-kai Watch 4 release date yet.

What if Level 5 doesn't announce the date at all? lol

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
First day of TGS practically over and no Yo-kai Watch 4 release date yet.

What if Level 5 doesn't announce the date at all? lol

The trailer running at TGS doesn't feature a proper release date, but there's a release period. The problem is that, well

unknown.png

There's a light from the room hiding whether it's 2018 or 2019 XD

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Well, the manga sells above 200k in it's FW and generally reaches 300k which is really good and the anime is only behind Pokémon, Boruto and Gintama in revenue for TV Tokyo so I wouldn't say that.

To give some perspective it was the 26th best selling manga series for H1 last year with 790k, below fujoshi aimed sports manga Yowamushi Pedal and above Boruto which had a single volume released in May (vs 3 for Black Clover)

*1. 5,969,851 One Piece
*2. 3,974,437 Shingeki no Kyojin
*3. 3,244,618 Kingdom
*4. 3,086,097 Haikyuu!!
*5. 2,154,752 Tokyo Ghoul:re
*6. 2,097,088 Boku no Hero Academia
*7. 1,982,356 One Punch-Man
*8. 1,881,062 Nanatsu no Taizai
*9. 1,653,403 Detective Conan
10. 1,469,092 Shokugeki no Souma

11. 1,366,004 Ao no Exorcist
12. 1,357,012 Magi
13. 1,204,705 Fairy Tail
14. 1,090,487 3-gatsu no Lion
15. 1,000,886 P to JK
16. *,960,590 Nigeru wa Haji daga Yaku ni Tatsu
17. *,936,645 Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen
18. *,927,125 Terra Formars
19. *,888,546 Diamond no Ace Act II
20. *,879,495 World Trigger

21. *,847,561 Tokyo Tarareba Musume
22. *,833,135 Kuroshitsuji
23. *,826,564 Days
24. *,795,445 Gintama
25. *,794,612 Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii
26. *,794,342 Yowamushi Pedal
27. *,791,393 Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Series Comicalize Series
28. *,790,032 Black Clover
29. *,757,375 Boruto: Naruto the Movie Comicalize Series
30. *,752,854 Major 2nd

hiska-kun

Oct 26, 2017
The trailer running at TGS doesn't feature a proper release date, but there's a release period. The problem is that, well

unknown.png

There's a light from the room hiding whether it's 2018 or 2019 XD

This practically confirms that they won't announce the release date, and just show the trailer with the 2018 (or 2019) at the end. Without month and day.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
Is it possible they delay the game in 2019 because of Pokemon or Smash this Holiday? Or is the game just not ready?

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
So Bamco's Billion Road is out on November 29th.

They sure are releasing lots of games in November on Switch. 6 in total (Neko Tomo, Kamen Rider, the 3 Nari Kids Parks game, and this).

KAORIII

Oct 29, 2017
It's 2019. It says "春" in this trailer, which means spring, and we all know it can't be spring 2018 :)

edit: Sorry guys, after watching the image carefully, I think that word is also can be "冬", which means winter.
That image is a little blurry...

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Still wonder if Level 5 will bother localizing YW3 since that's missing before 4.
Feels like it would've been a good time to bring it out this holiday instead of Yo-Kai blasters with no Pokémon on 3DS this holiday.