• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Great numbers for World. I was completely wrong both in Japan and world wide.

PS4 hardware is a bit..muted IMO given the software numbers.

Switch software continues to do great.

And lol at that MH XX World bump

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Switch software did really well this week.

Interest keeps going which is good after the big holiday season.

Crazy to see so many games charting, even smaller ones like Fifa and Pokkén.

Damian Mahadevan

User banned for use of alt account
Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Hmm, that is 33% less than MH4 and Capcom said they shipped 5 million WW. Is there a a big difference between shipped numbers and sold numbers world wide or did it sell better WW?

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
So what are the next bigger releases for PS4 in Japan? Ni No Kuni 2 is in march, what else is coming in the next months?

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Is that the mythical Sony Pac Man?
Great job Sony for the PS4, and for getting exclusive MonHun in Japan, it paid off!

Nintendo didn't even care about getting more stock I see. Good legs for most titles though.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Wow this beats my expectations for Monster Hunter PS4 by far!

I was sure it would do well, I wasn't too sure it'll beat 1m though - I thought the missing local coop would dampen it's performance in Japan far more.
This is great, let's see how it'll do in the long run - or of it's legs will also be more comparable to a typical console RPG.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
It begins...
Sony should have had MHW earlier in ps4s life. What a huge mistake
You do realize that they were selling like 2-3m per year on the 3DS this generation ... Right? lol

Not too mention that MH wouldn't have been able to have this launch earlier in its life cycle and before FFXV and DQXI.

TLZ

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you mean the 50k, it's arbitrary; my musings, rather than official numbers, but it's a bit of a psychological milestone compared to previous weeks of, well, not getting 50k onto shelves each week.
Hmm. But how do we know there aren't more on shelves but sales slowing for a bit until more compelling software come out?

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Congratulations MHW! Much better than I expected (850kFW, 90k PS4). Xenoblade 2 out of Mediacreate, let's wait for Famitsu.

About Nintendo's fiscal report, do we have Q&A? Or only the fiscal results.

Boney

Oct 28, 2017
Santiago
So there was no Pro Bundle? That's odd.
It's a great debut. More than doubling Tri's lackluster launch. 2 million is a sure bet and it might even go past 2.5 if legs are good. It'll be a drop from 4, but just like 3U releasing on 3DS was a massive drop from P3rd, developing on PS4 was the only realistic choice for the franchise to bet on franchise growth. And while the real test will be WW sales, Japan definately showed up in droves, all things considered.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
As I've said in other thread, great result for Capcom.
Man, I really undershot my prediction which I think was 850k fw and 1.5 mil ltd.

And XC2 out of top 20 is sad, but hey it's over 1 million worldwide!

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
YES MH GET IT!

More than anything I'm glad to finally see it getting noticed worldwide. Also 3k parents bought the wrong MH for their kids.
No? If you meant it as a joke, ok. But if you really think this might be the case, that most people bought XX unknowingly thinking this is the new game, you're way off - this is on par with how XX has been selling for a while now, maybe just a little bit higher (as in a few hundreds) but even that is more probably either statistical noise or because MH's mindshare is heightened with all the marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.