• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
You know why I'm here.

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!
KH3 has left Tracker. With this... KH3 has gone to its chamber of sleep once again after spending 4 weeks in the charts. Another month gained after missing the month of August.

KH3 will return one day...
and so will I.

giphy.gif

Thank you for your time.​
Good night sweet prince

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's counting the enhanced version release, is like saying Pokémon Sun/Moon sold 6.5 million counting US/UM, but still the first release of YW 2 was the peak of the franchise at 3+ million which is still very impressive.
Personally I'm all for ports enhanced or otherwise adding to the original sales, it is basically the same game. If it was a remake or something i'd understand it but I think MK8D adds to the WiiU version

Sep 14, 2019
Does anybody know how many Level-5 published million sellers there are in Japan? That site that compiles Japanese software sales says 7, but I would think it's more like 9 given Yokai Watch, YW Busters, Layton, and Inazuma (all of which I think are Level-5 published in Japan?).

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody know how many Level-5 published million sellers there are in Japan? That site that compiles Japanese software sales says 7, but I would think it's more like 9 given Yokai Watch, YW Busters, Layton, and Inazuma (all of which I think are Level-5 published in Japan?).
I see 8 listed at GameDataLibrary, and one Layton game being at 945k, which is very close to million.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
You know why I'm here.

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!
KH3 has left Tracker. With this... KH3 has gone to its chamber of sleep once again after spending 4 weeks in the charts. Another month gained after missing the month of August.

KH3 will return one day...
and so will I.

giphy.gif

Thank you for your time.​
We'll miss your updates

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Layton 1 shipped 1.01M in Japan.
Yeah, that is listed on GameDataLibrary as a million seller :) But i see how what i wrote could be interpreted differently. I just ment that one Layton game (in addition to the 8 other million sellers, where Layton 1 is included) being close to one million to make 9 million sellers in total, as he mentioned. The Layton game at 945k is "Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box", the 2nd Layton game. I was kinda lazy to write out the whole title eariler, so i just wrote "one Layton game" instead hehe. The first Layton game is indeed a million seller as you mention.

Last edited:

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
That accessory looks weird. Why not just use the left joycon? Maybe they really wanted access to the home button?
It's also weird that it only uses one joy-con. I saw a fishing game today in Paris that uses two. One for angling the fishing rod and one for the other part (forgot the name in english)

Oct 26, 2017
Bakutsuri Hunters out on December 7th in Japan. Seems to be digital-only, but with a set including toy/accessory at retail for 4 800 Yen + taxes.

o_1dmq72h20podb6b1ua21n8mhvj7.jpg

I looked it up, and the 3DS game was by Inti Creates! Hopefully they're doing this as well. On 3DS that did:

- Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
- Gon: Baku Baku Baku Baku Adventure
- Digimon Appli Monsters
- Bakutsuri Hunters
- Naruto Powerful Shippuden

All for Bandai Namco.

The Switch game looks pretty nifty also:

o_1dmsij72f1eoui7s3sh1ovcom7.jpg

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Between DxM and SRW V... I guess Japan has fallen out of love with mech games. :(

They are starting to fall out of love with Warriors games too. I one what kind of result Pirate Warriors 4 is headed towards.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Apologies if this has been discussed already. I had questions regarding the opening for Death Stranding, but those seem to have been answered already. I also have questions regarding Pokemon, how is it tracking in Japan currently relative to other games in the series at similar time frames?

Thanks in advance

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Switch share of Capcom's software units sold is over 50% above Xbox's but still they don't treat the Switch seriously lol

Sep 14, 2019
Switch share of Capcom's software units sold is over 50% above Xbox's but still they don't treat the Switch seriously lol
Isn't it 1.2m vs 1.9m? Not exactly over 50%

Either way it is impressive just how much software sales there has been, especially because that 1.9m number is just in one fiscal year iirc. Though it does encompass the only original game Capcom has released on Switch (MM11), but it does show there is untapped potential for greater sales.

Last edited:

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
This FY 2019 result caught Capcom by surprise, but It's ok, for FY2020 (which is the current FY) Capcom have made double sure the Switch retail numbers for Capcom games will be much lower - by reducing even further the number of ports that have a boxed version, making sure this year's ports are all low effort ones (e.g. no more gyro support) and/or are unwanted in the form presented (e.g. standalone DMC2), and at the same time overpricing them.

So next year they can come to their investors and show them how despite their "efforts" and "continued support" Switch retail game numbers for Capcom are down YOY, and so no effort should go in that direction.

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Apologies if this has been discussed already. I had questions regarding the opening for Death Stranding, but those seem to have been answered already. I also have questions regarding Pokemon, how is it tracking in Japan currently relative to other games in the series at similar time frames?

Thanks in advance
Would anyone happen to have an answer for this, by the way?

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
This FY 2019 result caught Capcom by surprise, but It's ok, for FY2020 (which is the current FY) Capcom have made double sure the Switch retail numbers for Capcom games will be much lower - by reducing even further the number of ports that have a boxed version, making sure this year's ports are all low effort ones (e.g. no more gyro support) and/or are unwanted in the form presented (e.g. standalone DMC2), and at the same time overpricing them.

So next year they can come to their investors and show them how despite their "efforts" and "continued support" Switch retail game numbers for Capcom are down YOY, and so no effort should go in that direction.
Someone has to wonder if Capcom is deliberately tanking their Switch efforts because it takes skills to be as terrible at it as they are

I'm guilty of buying 4 Capcom retail releases in FY19 (SFAC, Belt Collection, PW Collection, Megaman 11) so I'm not heping my case :p

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia

LOL, crazy as it sounds, it's annoying and frustrating that in the end the facts would support this theory 🤦‍♂️

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Is Death Stranding opening below or above 200k?
I think below 200k first week, but i could see 200k+ LTD. I wonder how much Kojima's name will play a role into the sales, especially to the Metal Gear fans.

Over 200k with digital my guess. Hopefully this new IP is a success. Looks like Kojima has put a big effort into it.
I wonder when the japanese trackers will get download sales data. US and european sales trackers have gotten download sales data from publishers, so why not japanese sales trackers as well?

ikaben

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder when the japanese trackers will get download sales data. US and european sales trackers have gotten download sales data from publishers, so why not japanese sales trackers as well?

Do we know that? Maybe MC gets them, they just doesnt publish them to the public.

We do know that Famitsu doesn't.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know that? Maybe MC gets them, they just doesnt publish them to the public.

We do know that Famitsu doesn't.
I'm not sure about Media Create. But not Famitsu as you mention, nor Dengeki either, as far as i know. Maybe we know more when the next yearly Media Create numbers gets published, and see if there is a bigger difference compared to Famitsu and Dengeki.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Someone has to wonder if Capcom is deliberately tanking their Switch efforts because it takes skills to be as terrible at it as they are
Not counting the laughable Capcom's Switch support in 2019 they tried their best to sabotage Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate sales last year.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not particularly worried for Capcom 2020 on Switch. It'll probably be the year of AA7 and they're kinda out of bad games to port, only leaving some good stuff. Even if they don't do anything its clear other companies are stepping it up next year.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not particularly worried for Capcom 2020 on Switch. It'll probably be the year of AA7 and they're kinda out of bad games to port, only leaving some good stuff. Even if they don't do anything its clear other companies are stepping it up next year.
They still have the Dead Rising and Lost Planet games to port

Then the onrail shooters

Then not port Zack and Wiki because fuck this game and it would make Gotdatmoney happy

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know who will be more disappointed next year, those who wait for Ace Attorney 7 or those who wait for Monster Hunter Switch.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
They still have the Dead Rising and Lost Planet games to port

Then the onrail shooters

Then not port Zack and Wiki because fuck this game and it would make Gotdatmoney happy

The only DR games that are no good at all are XBOX exclusive...and the onrail shooters are dope.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not particularly excited about what Capcom did on the Switch this year and last, but I still bought a lot of them because they're good games portable for the first time and some of them were pretty good efforts. I think I own all but two of their Switch releases that came out before the most recent batch and I intend to buy all of them when they hit the right price, which being Capcom games they most assuredly will.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
The only DR games that are no good at all are XBOX exclusive...and the onrail shooters are dope.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not particularly excited about what Capcom did on the Switch this year and last, but I still bought a lot of them because they're good games portable for the first time and some of them were pretty good efforts. I think I own all but two of their Switch releases that came out before the most recent batch and I intend to buy all of them when they hit the right price, which being Capcom games they most assuredly will.
I don't think releasing RE games ports for 30$ when they came out for 20$ physical as PS4/Xbone titles is respecting your userbase. Especially as download only games.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know who will be more disappointed next year, those who wait for Ace Attorney 7 or those who wait for Monster Hunter Switch.

I'm positive AA7 is real. MHS, who knows? Maybe some exclusivity deal on world will run out and suddenly the power of the Switch will be enough for a port. Maybe a separate version completely going against the grain of exclusivity will happen because...Capcom likes to buck trends? Who knows.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Why would I be disappointed, Capcom will release an Ace Attorney gacha beat-em-up next year :)

And MH Switch. I won't be mad if it doesn't happen, but I still think it's the most likely candidate for whatever Ichinose teased earlier this year.