• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Another Konami title confirmed for Switch.
s.famitsu.com

『ときメモGS4』の対応機種がNintendo Switchに決定 | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

KONAMIは、開発中の学園恋愛シミュレーションゲーム『ときめきメモリアル Girl's Side 4th Heart(ガールズサイド フォースハート)』をNintendo Switch向けに制作中であることを明らかにした。

Game was officially announced last year for a 2020 release (no platforms, though).

A Switch release makes sense given how popular Switch is among the female audience (not that Girl's Side isn't popular among other genres as well).

The franchise was pretty popular on DS. 1st Love did 105.091 + 39.610 (Plus version). 2nd Season did 103.110. The Double Pack of both did 8.696. 3rd Story did 165.682. In comparison, Tokimeki Memorial 4 did 99.117 on PSP (including the budget version). These are Famitsu numbers: I'm pretty sure they sold a bit more if we look at Media Create Top 1000.

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020
Weird, they sell it:

arakawa
EkbR8p2VMAUx-jK
Is that....a physical Switch copy of the Mario Game & Watch?

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game was officially announced last year for a 2020 release (no platforms, though).

A Switch release makes sense given how popular Switch is among the female audience (not that Girl's Side isn't popular among other genres as well).

The franchise was pretty popular on DS. 1st Love did 105.091 + 39.610 (Plus version). 2nd Season did 103.110. The Double Pack of both did 8.696. 3rd Story did 165.682. In comparison, Tokimeki Memorial 4 did 99.117 on PSP (including the budget version). These are Famitsu numbers: I'm pretty sure they sold a bit more if we look at Media Create Top 1000.
damn this series still exists?

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
level-5 killing it
www.gematsu.com

Inazuma Eleven SD to end service on December 1

Inazuma Eleven SD will end service on December 1, publisher Level-5 announced.

So, the only titles left in activity at Level 5 right now are Yo-Kai Watch Wibble Wobble (ranked 43 on the top 50 grossing chart) and the console Yokai Watch Y game.

There's a bunch of mobile games that are still updated (Yokai Watch World and Fantasy Life Online) but they aren't even ranked in the top 50 and will probably be discontinued soon as well.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Nojima also stopped lotteries for Switch Lite, they continue only for standard OG model and Animal Crossing bundle.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
The retail version of Atelier Ryza 2 for PS5 has been cancelled in Japan.
Only download or upgrade from PS4.

www.famitsu.com

『ライザのアトリエ2』PS5パッケージ版が発売中止。ダウンロード版は予定通り販売 | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

コーエーテクモゲームスは『ライザのアトリエ2 ~失われた伝承と秘密の妖精~』について、プレイステーション5パッケージ版の発売中止を発表した。
Damn that's crazy. I'd have to assume there was absolutely no interest being shown in this. Just seems weird.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
If you count PS4/XBO/NSW then yeah:

Strider
Megaman 11
Shinsekai
Monster Hunter Stories 2
Resident Evil Umbrella Corps

You could also possibly include the Towarare no Palm games.

Still not exactly a big portfolio.

Yeah, I'd rather have Monster Hunter Rise compared to those. (Though we'll have to see how Monster Hunter Stories 2 turns out)

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Zero pre-orders apparently.

Are we sure about that?
From what I could track, the game peaked at around 275th on Amazon.co.jp and it used to stay around 1,200th / 1,300th. It's low, but I've seen games performing way worse and not getting retail releases canceled. If similar behaviours could be tracked through other online stores, they'd paint a situation far from positive, but also far from a disaster.

The only way I can see online preorders being low actually result in a retail release cancellation is if online retailers have a bigger-than-usual share of overall preorders which is...a possibility I guess. PS5 is a brand new (expensive) system, it's expected that it will attract core customers at first; it wouldn't be surprising that Amazon.co.jp and the likes over-represent the real situation.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
www.siliconera.com

Crystar 3D Models of Rei and Her Room Are On Sale For a Limited Time

FuRyu is selling Unity-based Crystar 3D models of Rei Hatada and her room. The set will be available until early January 2021.

FuRyu is selling assets from Crystar on the Unity Store, that's weird...

Are we sure about that?
From what I could track, the game peaked at around 275th on Amazon.co.jp and it used to stay around 1,200th / 1,300th. It's low, but I've seen games performing way worse and not getting retail releases canceled. If similar behaviours could be tracked through other online stores, they'd paint a situation far from positive, but also far from a disaster.

The only way I can see online preorders being low actually result in a retail release cancellation is if online retailers have a bigger-than-usual share of overall preorders which is...a possibility I guess. PS5 is a brand new (expensive) system, it's expected that it will attract core customers at first; it wouldn't be surprising that Amazon.co.jp and the likes over-represent the real situation.

There's less reason to do a physical release for PS5 if preorders are low enough because of backwards compatibility/free upgrade. People who want a physical copy for PS5 can just get the PS4 version and upgrade.
Yeah, I'd rather have Monster Hunter Rise compared to those. (Though we'll have to see how Monster Hunter Stories 2 turns out)

Shinsekai is apparently really good but I am in agreement.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

www.famitsu.com

The data they're looking at must not have been pretty

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
If you count PS4/XBO/NSW then yeah:

Strider
Megaman 11
Shinsekai
Monster Hunter Stories 2
Resident Evil Umbrella Corps

You could also possibly include the Towarare no Palm games.

Still not exactly a big portfolio.
I would struggle to put Monster Hunter Stories 2 in the same budget range as the other titles tbh. Production values seem quite high.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I would struggle to put Monster Hunter Stories 2 in the same budget range as the other titles tbh. Production values seem quite high.
Agreed. Good visuals (MMV First Studio again?), lots of VA and a global launch. It might be AA in the same sense as Xenoblade or Tales are but then some of those other titles aren't really AA.

Unless we're to take AA as anything not AAA or AAAA from a non-indie studio.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

www.famitsu.com

That is weird. But digital still available? Were their any advertised upgrades over the PS4 version? Maybe they are looking at preorder trends thinking it's not worth the distribution costs.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Ryza 2 for PS5, do we know what the price was? Same as the PS4 version? It seems that the upgrade from the PS4 version to the PS5 version is free at least, so i guess that a PS5 retail version has a bit less purpose in that regards. Maybe thats affected the pre-order numbers in a bigger way.

On this topic, do we know how other cross gen games with free upgrade will do it in terms of retail releases?

Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Konami is back. Im happy that theyve been launching so many little games lately. F*** Capcom they barely release games. Hopefully Konami begin to put more quality on them though.
Isnt that a bit harsh criticism just for not releasing more games? Or maybe i read more into it than what its intended. Its fair enough to wanting to see more smaller budget titles of course :)

resetoeros1

May 30, 2018
I had hoped we would have been past this childishness, but alas.

Isnt that a bit harsh criticism just for not releasing more games? Or maybe i read more into it than what its intended. Its fair enough to wanting to see more smaller budget titles of course :)

Just trying to sound cool. Actually, i dont have anything against Capcom(to which i was refering related to releases in general not only switch related), it was just a general comentary on the lack of small releases by middle-big sized companies. I just i prefeer the approach of konami of releasing a lot of small-middle games, which hopefully other companies copy in the future.

Has Capcom even released 5 AA games this generation?

I was refering to konami btw. But yeah those times are gone. Although, Shinsekai and Megaman 9 maybe are hinting that we will see more smmal releases?

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
COMG! preorders chart, Week 42 2020:
Each point represents one preorder at this retailer. It is a relatively small retailer located in one region so be careful when you extrapolate, especially regarding Otaku games (overrepresented) and family games (underrepresented).

1. Momotaro Dentetsu - 60 pts (+8 pts)
2. Monster Hunter Rise - 47 pts (+7 pts)
3. Pikmin 3 Deluxe - 36 pts (+11 pts)
4. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne (PS4) - 33 pts (+4 pts)
5. Atelier Ryza 2 (NSW) - 25 pts (+0 pt)
6. Atelier Ryza 2 (PS4) - 24 pts (+2 pts)
7. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Collector's Edition (PS4) - 23 pts (+0 pt)
8. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - 21 pts (+2 pts)
9. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Collector's Edition (NSW) - 21 pts (+0 pt)
10. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne (NSW) - 21 pts (+1 pt)
11. Watch Dogs Legion - 18 pts (+1 pt)
12. Atelier Ryza 2 Collector's Edition (NSW) - 14 pts (+0 pt)
13. Cyberpunk 2077 – 14 pts (+0 pt)
14. Assassin's Creed Valhalla - 10 pts (+1 pt)
15. Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War - 8 pts (+4 pts)
16. Kamen Rider Collector's Edition (PS4) - 8 pts (+0 pt)
17. Monster Hunter Rise Double Pack - 7 pts (+1 pt)
18. Zoid Wild: Infinity Blast Collector's Edition - 7 pts (+0 pt)
19. Sakuna Rice (NSW) - 7 pts (+1 pt)
20. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - 5 pts (NEW)

P Diddy

Jul 1, 2020
same trailer Nintendo posted on its accounts in the regions where they are publishing the game. Interesting that the marketing is the same even when the publishers are different.

I think that's different from, say, Dragon Quest when Nintendo publishes it
Likely because it is a Nintendo IP being transformed into a musou that is being published by the developer in their home country, and not just a publishing deal by nintendo in the case of DQ XI S

minimalism

Jan 9, 2018
www.animenewsnetwork.com

Demon Slayer Film Sells 3.4 Million Tickets, Earns 4.62 Billion Yen in 1st 3 Days

Film sells 3.4 million tickets, earns 4.62 billion yen in 1st 3 days

It's ridiculous quite frankly.

The mobile game is probably their solution to the question of how to reach the widest audience. But the PS4 game will do really well if it reviews well.
The interesting thing is that the Train arc isn't even anything special in Demon Slayer either. Just shows that the desire for a fully animated desire of Gotoge's manga is really desirable. We're gonna be in for a few years of it at this rate (not that I'm complaining, I loved it for 99% of its run).

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The interesting thing is that the Train arc isn't even anything special in Demon Slayer either. Just shows that the desire for a fully animated desire of Gotoge's manga is really desirable. We're gonna be in for a few years of it at this rate (not that I'm complaining, I loved it for 99% of its run).
That doesn't really matter with stuff like this. The people spending money on the franchise got into it with the anime and are just continuing on.

Oct 26, 2017
I've been reading KnY since the start and I believe it was one of the biggest events in the series and a good turning point. Sure the next arc might be better but the Demon Train arc is very solid and introduced one of the most loved characters and villain back then.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

I'd argue that the Infinity Train arc was the turning point in the series and probably one of the most beloved arc of the series.

Something about Gotoge's characters really resonates with people.

Oct 26, 2017
I'd argue that the Infinity Train arc was the turning point in the series and probably one of the most beloved arc of the series.

It's the way she writes characters. All of them have some sort of good or redeeming quality about them. Cept a few of the villains. And yeah Train Arc was one of the best!

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
It's such a missed opportunity that the game couldn't be out this year. The movie combined with the final volumes being released combined with covid boosts would have been crazy. It will still do well next year, the sooner the better of course.

I'd argue that the Infinity Train arc was the turning point in the series
Yup. There was definitely a gear shift.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
It's such a missed opportunity that the game couldn't be out this year. The movie combined with the final volumes being released combined with covid boosts would have been crazy. It will still do well next year, the sooner the better of course.

Yup. There was definitely a gear shift.

Tbh since we know that they will animate the rest of series so as long as the game releases during the period where the next season comes out. I'm sure it will do very well for them.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Tbh since we know that they will animate the rest of series so as long as the game releases during the period where the next season comes out. I'm sure it will do very well for them.
Agreed, I'm just saying that it would have been absolute bonkers momentum compared to extremely good momentum.

minimalism

Jan 9, 2018
I've been reading KnY since the start and I believe it was one of the biggest events in the series and a good turning point. Sure the next arc might be better but the Demon Train arc is very solid and introduced one of the most loved characters and villain back then.

Didn't mean to offend at all on this! I was speaking from my own experience with this particular arc.. Demon Slayer is top tier exposition and plot for a great many more chapters. I will 100% be inviting friends over (in masks) to watch this.

Fludd

Banned
Nov 6, 2019
Agreed. Good visuals (MMV First Studio again?), lots of VA and a global launch. It might be AA in the same sense as Xenoblade or Tales are but then some of those other titles aren't really AA.

Yeah, I consider MH Stories 2 as a AAA game along with Xenoblade 2 and Tales of Arise. It does look like these games have a pretty good budget behind them. Not every game has to push the hardware of the system or have the cost of GTA5 to be AAA, otherwise very few games can be truly called that.

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't mean to offend at all on this! I was speaking from my own experience with this particular arc.. Demon Slayer is top tier exposition and plot for a great many more chapters. I will 100% be inviting friends over (in masks) to watch this.
No worries lol. KnY is just so amazing and it has many amazing moments that other people can name one and it would be different for other people.

Anyway to keep this in line with sales talk, it looks like the hype will push through till next year when the gaming projects will release. I hope the console game will be amazing.

minimalism

Jan 9, 2018
No worries lol. KnY is just so amazing and it has many amazing moments that other people can name one and it would be different for other people.

Anyway to keep this in line with sales talk, it looks like the hype will push through till next year when the gaming projects will release. I hope the console game will be amazing.
I agree with this, good WoM from the movie/S2 information with directly affect sales of the game. It'll be really interesting to follow to say the least.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017

It definetely seems a AAA project in a Nintendo way

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Just trying to sound cool. Actually, i dont have anything against Capcom(to which i was refering related to releases in general not only switch related), it was just a general comentary on the lack of small releases by middle-big sized companies. I just i prefeer the approach of konami of releasing a lot of small-middle games, which hopefully other companies copy in the future.
Hey, no worries =) I thought maybe i was reading too much into it compared to what you intended, so i just wanted to ask to be sure. Thanks for the answer.

Yeah, i was thinking that you meant games in general, not just for the Switch. Personally, i like that Capcom are making more bigger titles, but i wouldnt mind if they made some smaller titles as well (if they have the work force to do that in addition to the bigger titles), i agree.

Or possibly they were scared away by all of the other Japanese developed 3rd party titles hitting PS5 this year?

I think that's it.
Hehe, on this topic, how many (or few :P) 3rd party games are confirmed for PS5 this year?

Last edited:

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, no worries =) I thought maybe i was reading too much into it compared to what you intended, so i just wanted to ask to be sure. Thanks for the answer. And yeah, i was thinking that you meant games in general, not just for the Switch. Personally, i like that Capcom are making more bigger titles, but i wouldnt mind if they made some smaller titles as well (if they have the work force to do that in addition to the bigger titles), i agree.

Hehe, on this topic, how many (or few :P) 3rd party games are confirmed for PS5 this year?
From JP publishers:

- DMC 5 Special
- Neptunia

From Western publishers:

- Assassin's Creed
- NBA 2k21
- Watch Dogs Legion
- Immortals
- Call of Duty

Might miss a few

Saicho

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't understand why Kimetsu no Yaiba is so popular... it's good but I don't think it is better than OP or Naruto or Slam Dunk. Never thought anything would beat peak OP though and KnY just blew right past it.

Can this game on PS4 beat One Piece Musou on PS3? Didn't think it would come close but this hype is unreal.