• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, 400k for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Switch is really impressive! Combine that with Bandai Namco's positive look on Switch during its financial report meeting and here's hoping for more! Arc System Works is supporting the Switch themselves as well with BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, so I think DBFZ is a lock (albeit probably a late release).
Is BB Cross Tag an UE4 game?

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
To a Nintendo property, from the "hint".
He cited a user saying "they will be first party games", implying to expect another game (different from the three "pre-announced") developed by Bamco on a N property
I doubt it's Metroid.
I agree it doesn't make sense, but its' the best fit to everything Zhuge said.

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought Mochi took it down because he couldn't verify it. 400k would be really good considering it didn't really chart anywhere outside Japan. :S

DBX2 had a decent launch WW and yet is at 3.3 million. Same with Naruto UNS4, around 200-300k NPD launch but its at 3 million WW now. These games sell a lot along time.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DBX2 had a decent launch WW and yet is at 3.3 million. Same with Naruto UNS4, around 200-300k NPD launch but its at 3 million WW now. These games sell a lot along time.

I was referring to the Switch SKU, that 400k is in less than two months and outside of Japan it had no presence on charts.

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Super Mario Odyssey 2017 prediction: 1333k
Xenoblade2 FW prediction: 120k
Xenoblade2 2017 prediction: 230k

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
Prediction Time
Mario Odyssey 2017: 1.2 Million units
Xenoblade 2 FW: 80K
Xenoblade 2 2017: 150K

NiteJohn

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I'm going to push it:
Odyssey: 1.9m
Xenoblade: 200k(fw) 450(2017)

Probably wrong, but you got to shoot for the fences sometimes.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
My guess would be Metroid Prime 4.

It's first party, it has the number 4, it's not Smash (Zhuge clearly implied it's not Smash, though he may indeed have been playing around), and it totally fits what Zhuge said - "I'm looking 4ward to the reactions" since if there is a Nintendo IP on which Bamco are working that will cause hysterical reactions, it will be Metroid...

I'd feel really bad about that. Japanese devs are usually pretty bad with FPS.

Pikmin 4 does a lot more sense imho.

Yeah, would make more sense.

Bamco on Metroid? I prefer my Bethesda/Tango theory.

Pls no.

https://corp.marv.jp/library/img/kessanqa2q2018.pdf

It seems that Marvelous, in their Q&A session for their latest financial results, stated that the Switch sold more than what they expected and that they're currently preparing new games as well as bringing older titles. It's in the answer to the second question.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Wouldn't be surprised if SK7 was coming to the Switch too now. Maybe just more Rune Factory/Harvest Moon/etc otherwise...

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
There's also Pikmin 4
Pikmin 4 does a lot more sense imho.

Sorry, only came into this halfway, but the idea here is that Bandai Namco would be the sole or primary developers on Pikmin 4? Have they assisted with Pikmin titles in the past? I'd be sort of surprised to see mainline Pikmin made without strong oversight by Miyamoto and an internal team (comprised at least in part by the Pikmin 3 team). Of course, that could very well be achieved in conjunction with co-development with Namco, or Miyamoto could even oversee a project primarily done by Namco, but the idea is still surprising to me for some reason.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
It begins continues.

I actually remember having a friendly argument with you some months back because you fervently believed that the Switch would get no Japanese support. I think we were arguing about sales of "I am Setsuna" or "Disgea 5" I don't even remember. It seems that you are seeing all these positive signs lately.

Has your opinion changed? Or mostly the same?

Genuinely curious.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, only came into this halfway, but the idea here is that Bandai Namco would be the sole or primary developers on Pikmin 4? Have they assisted with Pikmin titles in the past? I'd be sort of surprised to see mainline Pikmin made without strong oversight by Miyamoto and an internal team (comprised at least in part by the Pikmin 3 team). Of course, that could very well be achieved in conjunction with co-development with Namco, or Miyamoto could even oversee a project primarily done by Namco, but the idea is still surprising to me for some reason.

This only really comes from teases by Zhuge, about a Nintendo first party property and Bandai Namco developing (?) such a game. Involving the number 4. So we're just guessing what it could possibly be, I don't think there's any other reason to suspect it's Pikmin 4.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
This only really comes from teases by Zhuge, about a Nintendo first party property and Bandai Namco developing (?) such a game. Involving the number 4. So we're just guessing what it could possibly be, I don't think there's any other reason to suspect it's Pikmin 4.

Smash Bros 4 Port
F-Zero 4
Metroid Prime 4
Pikmin 4

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Considering what we have heard about Pikmin 4 having issues getting a team together to work on it this probably makes the most sense.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017

Not the sole developer imho
But Co developed could be

Way more than metroid imho

v2_0

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I also bet it's Prime: I don't think there would be much "reactions" if BN was developing Pikmin honestly as Miyamoto would probably still be behind it and there wouldn't be any reason to be concerned after Pikmin 3. On the other hand if they are on MP4 there will be a lot of meltdowns for sure: either that's an internal team and we can be legitimately anxious about the result (remember Starfox Assault or even Wii Sports Club ?) or it is From Software and non Nintendo gamers will be seriously upset...

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Mochizuki is tweeting about the SE Q&A. I can only attach 2 tweets per post, so here are two of the more interesting ones:

There's a total of 7 tweets about it, so check out his twitter page.

Edit: last tweet is in, it's quite interesting as well:

Mochizuki said:
SquareEnix: -(When consider games for Switch), we won't rule out any IPs. Those include new ones, currently active ones, currently not-active ones.
-Probably other platforms will get these too as part of multi, but we would aggressively make games for Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.