• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
Mochizuki is tweeting about the SE Q&A. I can only attach 2 tweets per post, so here are two of the more interesting ones:

There's a total of 7 tweets about it, so check out his twitter page.

Edit: last tweet is in, it's quite interesting as well:

These last Financial Q&As have been destroying my Aostia complexity

https://www.resetera.com/posts/661031/

He began to talk about this game in the previous page.

Thank you very much!

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
They are hinting at more Switch exclusives, timed or not, like Octopath. We can also expect a comeback of the Final Fantasy franchise in a big way. FF6 remake would be a perfect fit.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
They are hinting at more Switch exclusives, timed or not, like Octopath. We can also expect a comeback of the Final Fantasy franchise in a big way. FF6 remake would be a perfect fit.

I'm as hyped as i am anxious at the possibility of a FF6 remake...
Are we talking about a remake the same as FFVII? I don't see why they would make that a switch exclusive.
24 minutes of pure patience will produce a new Media Create report!
Ha!

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Are we talking about a remake the same as FFVII? I don't see why they would make that a switch exclusive.

Ha!
Doubt they will do another project as massive as FFVII:R for just a remake, so maybe they can remake FFVI in the Octopath Traveler style? In that case, it could be Switch exclusive because the Octopath Traveler is going to work on it, and they have been Nintendo exclusive for a while. All of it is pure speculation at this point, though.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Doubt they will do another project as massive as FFVII:R for just a remake, so maybe they can remake FFVI in the Octopath Traveler style? In that case, it could be Switch exclusive because the Octopath Traveler is going to work on it, and they have been Nintendo exclusive for a while. All of it is pure speculation at this point, though.

No way haha. I think one project like FF7 is enough for them to handle. I was more thinking of a remake in the Octopath art style.

It was an old rumour. I personally don't believe it, at least for the exclusivity part. But it could be a timed one, FF6 is part of Nintendo hardware history in a sense. And of course it wouldn't be as ambitious as the FF7 remake.
Yeah, I can see a remake with the caliber of Octopath being an exclusive, though personally I would love it to be treated like FFVII and release it on everything.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I actually remember having a friendly argument with you some months back because you fervently believed that the Switch would get no Japanese support. I think we were arguing about sales of "I am Setsuna" or "Disgea 5" I don't even remember. It seems that you are seeing all these positive signs lately.

Has your opinion changed? Or mostly the same?

Genuinely curious.

Well my impression that publishers largely wrote the platform off looks like it was correct. The big difference is that Switch is selling much than I(and they) expected and software is also smashing expectations, even when they are relatively poor value propositions. I thought they would struggle and third parties would drop it straight away like the Wii U.

I still think there's a real risk that by the time publishers get around to providing stronger software the interest will have diminished, like the Wii.

I do think Disgaea 5 was an important release though. Anihawk has mentioned that it sent a ripple through the smaller Sony-focused publishers. If it would have underperformed in the west as it did in the Japan that would have been the end of that. It needs to be reinforced with other success stories as there is still obviously quite a lot of reluctance from some publishers.

I'm actually interested in how Nights of Azure 2 has performed worldwide.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Yeah, I can see a remake with the caliber of Octopath being an exclusive, though personally I would love it to be treated like FFVII and release it on everything.

treated as FF7R, as "lost in development hell for years"? ;)
And as of today, FF7R isn't slated for switch, but it fits well with what they said during their meeting, so it could be a possibility

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
treated as FF7R, as "lost in development hell for years"? ;)
And as of today, FF7R isn't slated for switch, but it fits well with what they said during their meeting, so it could be a possibility
Nah, they should keep nomura away and it should be good, a high budget remake would be nice but it's just a dream.
As for VII remake, I think it will come to switch after sony's exclusivity ends.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Well my impression that publishers largely wrote the platform off looks like it was correct. The big difference is that Switch is selling much than I(and they) expected and software is also smashing expectations, even when they are relatively poor value propositions. I thought they would struggle and third parties would drop it straight away like the Wii U.

I still think there's a real risk that by the time publishers get around to providing stronger software the interest will have diminished, like the Wii.

I do think Disgaea 5 was an important release though. Anihawk has mentioned that it sent a ripple through the smaller Sony-focused publishers. If it would have underperformed in the west as it did in the Japan that would have been the end of that. It needs to be reinforced with other success stories as there is still obviously quite a lot of reluctance from some publishers.

the Wii was a totally different situation. It required way more efforts to port anything. And the essence of the platform itself, the motion controls, had quite lost mainstream interest 2 or 3 years after the release and it had already pushed away the "hardkore gamerz".
Switch feels more healthy middle and long term wise IMO.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
I really don't get these comparisons to the Wii. Yes the Switch is selling similar numbers but the demographic for the Switch is much more open to support all these different types of games versus the Wii and it's more casual audience. I don't think Disgaea 5 would even pull some of the total a Switch version did on Wii.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Not the sole developer imho
But Co developed could be

Way more than metroid imho

This only really comes from teases by Zhuge, about a Nintendo first party property and Bandai Namco developing (?) such a game. Involving the number 4. So we're just guessing what it could possibly be, I don't think there's any other reason to suspect it's Pikmin 4.

Oh, gotcha. Many thanks to you both for the clarification. Well, any reason they wouldn't be assisting on Metroid Prime 4? (Or a SSB4 port.)

Edit: just saw the original sequence of posts, so not SSB4 after all.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

The Wii and Switch and WiiU are different.
Switch is selling like a portable.
Core software is what's driving Switch. Botw, oddessy, splatoon.
Third party and first party titles are selling well.
Switch is the most powerful portable on the market.
While underpowered compared to other systems, it has relatively modern hardware that can work with modern engines

Wii was driven largely by casual games and wiiu was so toxic that everything was generally underperforming.

Status
Not open for further replies.