• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
A logical decline for P5R from P5 in Japan was 40-50% and that's where it will land in the end, Japan is used at full priced re-releases with added content. The size of western decline will be more interesting to watch, since P5 went very high.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
No, but complaining over being 'spoiled' over information regarding cut content seems absolutely mind boggling to me. If anything is cut from something that I would have expected otherwise, I sure as hell would want to know about it before making a purchase. That's the sort of thing I'm talking about. It helps to be informed when there are those kinds of changes to a product.

Like I'm a pretty big One Piece fan. If I went and complained about people who said that you could only play as Luffy in World Seeker that would seem pretty preposterous, right? Even though in past similar games you could play as a decent selection of the Straw Hat pirates, so one could have, blindly, bought the game thinking they were going to get the same experience. That's the sort of mindless consumption I refer to. It's not healthy at all.
To me, the point is not the number of Pokémon in the game in total. It's wanting to discover the variety of new Pokémon in the game myself, and not knowing the total number of new Pokémon is an element that helps in keeping that experience as exciting as possible for me.

As for the "mindless consumerism": that's nonsense. I have watched plenty of gameplay of the game, checked out some of the variety of regions and looked at a sampling of new Pokémon, and I judged it to be to my liking, and therefore I will buy it. I know that the lack of all Pokémon is not a gamechanger in that regard for me, so I can safely go into a media blackout without getting "screwed over" because of the number of Pokémon. I feel I know enough about the game, and want to keep some things unknown that I personally find important to the sense of discovery in a new Pokémon game.

(yes, I know I failed my Media Create exit. I came back due to interest in the discussion surrounding these special editions for BOTW, SMO and Splatoon 2, actually)

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Not so great regarding LM3 but I suppose vouchers are the reason. Still below 2 I suppose. I wonder if it can be a million seller like 2 in Japan...

IamFlying

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 6, 2019
Feel free to refute it. It's a discussion board. I'm not really seeing how avoiding any and all information about a product you intend to buy makes one an informed consumer personally.

No, but complaining over being 'spoiled' over information regarding cut content seems absolutely mind boggling to me. If anything is cut from something that I would have expected otherwise, I sure as hell would want to know about it before making a purchase

Most people don't even know that all Pokemon had been in the previous games. Its just a non issue for most players that some Pokemon are missing in SwSh. There are still hundreds of Pokemon in the game, and most players will not even nearly see them all or want to catch them all.

People that get upset about the cut are a niche minority, the nerds of nerds, who plays Pokemon games in a particular way. They have the full right to be upset about the cut, but it seems many of them lacks basic understanding what normal player expect from a Pokemon game.

SwSH will likely be one of the best selling Pokemon games, because GameFreak did the things necessary to attract an audience that was not interested in Pokemon games before/since years.

Saicho

Oct 27, 2017
As for LM3, even with a very generous digital share it's probably still lower than the LM2 opening, once again showing that its not easy to beat those great selling 3DS games. Esecially since I'm assuming it had one more day tracked?

Can we wait until after holidays to say this? For LM3, I really don't think first week is that important. MM2 opened at 160k but yet it will outsell 3DS MM handily.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
140k would be lower than I expected for Luigi's Mansion, but it's not the end of the world. I hope word of mouth and a general sales boost from the month of November will give this game very good legs.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Funny how Fire Emblem, Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion 3 all opened very close from one another.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who thinks that Pokémon not being in the game will have any discernible impact on sales is deep in the hardcore bubble.

For the vast majority of consumers, anything that you couldn't catch within the game may as well already not exist in it, and this move changes absolutely nothing.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Famitsu:

• Switch Lite/66272台(累計 41万8443台)
  • Switch/53125台(累計 937万8446台)
  • PS4/4992台(累計 715万9683台)
  • PS4 Pro/3346台(累計 130万7678台)
  • Xbox One X/43台(累計 17269台)
  • Xbox One S/32台(累計 91387台)
  • New 2DS LL(2DS含む)/989台(累計 167万1114台)
  • New 3DS LL/81台(累計 588万4938台)